LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just picked up some rims; opinions on color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-12, 09:31 AM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wohoo...I finally had time to finish one, hopefully this weekend will finish the rest.
What do you guys think? stiil needs wetsanding and polishing done.

Old 03-20-12, 11:41 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

details please did you just polish the faces????
Old 03-20-12, 12:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

are they 20s?? The side wall looks to fat to be a 22"
Old 03-20-12, 12:25 PM
stas2007
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lextrician
details please did you just polish the faces????
Just polished the outside of the spokes( i guess thats faces?) Didn't touch the lip or the insides of spokes.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
are they 20s?? The side wall looks to fat to be a 22"
yes 20s
Old 03-20-12, 04:05 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those wheels look like tricycle wheels next to your car. LOL... 22's would've work perfectly on your ride man! Good luck with the conditioning of those wheels.
Old 03-20-12, 05:07 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

details on how you polished the faces what did you use????
Old 03-26-12, 09:59 AM
stas2007
Rookie

I ll have them finished by tomorrow, I was wondering whats gonna happen with the tpms system if i dont put sensors in the rims right away? Basically I wanna put the wheels on for a few days to make sure they hold fine and are not bent in any way before I switch the TPMS and have the body shop clear coat the rims. I am I gonna have annoying beeps and Christmas tree on the dash? and is the system just gonna bring itself back to normal once the sensors from my oem wheels are in the new ones?

Originally Posted by Lextrician
details on how you polished the faces what did you use????
good old sandpaper

Originally Posted by FrankyBoy
Those wheels look like tricycle wheels next to your car. LOL... 22's would've work perfectly on your ride man! Good luck with the conditioning of those wheels.
well 20s work for me, if I drive at least 2k-3k miles a month and cannot imagine the ride on 30 or below sidewall tire. I ve done it before and had to straighten authentic alpina rims on my previous car once a year

Personally i dont think they look that small:

Last edited by stas2007; 03-26-12 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-26-12, 11:19 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm also interested in what will happen without the TPMS. I haven't tried to put my OEM wheels back on since I put my aftermarket wheels on. If its just a message on the center screen without any flashing and dinging it would be nice to simply throw on the OEMs for a road trip

BTW I DD my LS on 30/25 series tires 22"s putting also around 2-3k a month. I beat the heck out of my car
Old 03-26-12, 11:34 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you need some practice driving with rims. You can't drive the same way you would with factory rims and tires. I agree with FrankyBoy. They just look too small. Don't do the car any justice. Just keep your factory rims, they look much better. If you think the ride is that much of a difference with 22s, you may need to check your struts because it's not that much of a difference in these cars.
Old 03-26-12, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by stas2007
I ll have them finished by tomorrow, I was wondering whats gonna happen with the tpms system if i dont put sensors in the rims right away? Basically I wanna put the wheels on for a few days to make sure they hold fine and are not bent in any way before I switch the TPMS and have the body shop clear coat the rims. I am I gonna have annoying beeps and Christmas tree on the dash? and is the system just gonna bring itself back to normal once the sensors from my oem wheels are in the new ones?

good old sandpaper

well 20s work for me, if I drive at least 2k-3k miles a month and cannot imagine the ride on 30 or below sidewall tire. I ve done it before and had to straighten authentic alpina rims on my previous car once a year

Personally i dont think they look that small:
Originally Posted by adamls2
I'm also interested in what will happen without the TPMS. I haven't tried to put my OEM wheels back on since I put my aftermarket wheels on. If its just a message on the center screen without any flashing and dinging it would be nice to simply throw on the OEMs for a road trip

BTW I DD my LS on 30/25 series tires 22"s putting also around 2-3k a month. I beat the heck out of my car
Im still sitting on these ugly and anemic 18" wheels. I have the issue with the yellow light on the dash coming on because my wheel sensors are in my 22's. What i do is when I start the car in the morning I sit there for a minute or two to let the car pick up the sensors in the 22's that are in a pile about 5 feet from my car. The car picks them up no issue. When the numbers appear on the display then I take off. If you leave while its still checking then the dash light will come on in a little. Just a little trick. The other option was to let Bell Lexus screw me and charge me well over $600 for 4 new sensors
Old 03-26-12, 06:02 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2

Funny you mentioned this... so I mounted two of my tires onto my new wheels & i switched over the sensors while anticipating the tire sensor light to come on & it didn't so i'm thinking as long as they're off the car they won't throw a light & that the light only time the lights do come on is when they're on the car,with low pressue or a bad TPMS..
Old 03-26-12, 06:11 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

no probs when leaving the house it is just when you are away from them there searching for them... might have to source some from the flea bay....
Old 03-26-12, 06:21 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I had the sensors put in my 22's to avoid the TPMS warning light.
Old 03-26-12, 09:36 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

OEM sensors are less than $80 shipped for all four on eBay! I picked some up for my oems after I put originals in my 22s..also, Orange TPMS company can send you a set of cloned TPMS sensors so you can avoid reprogramming the TPMS computer for about $150...searching on this site will save you money!!
Old 03-26-12, 09:42 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
OEM sensors are less than $80 shipped for all four on eBay! I picked some up for my oems after I put originals in my 22s..also, Orange TPMS company can send you a set of cloned TPMS sensors so you can avoid reprogramming the TPMS computer for about $150...searching on this site will save you money!!
By the way..these are NEW sensors, not used and OEM..with a part number, you should never buy parts from a dealer unless you have the hookup or it is an uncommon part..if eBay doesn't have it, I go straight to Trademotion Pembroke Pines Lexus and buy online from them..also Sewell does discounts for CL members..be sure to shop around because even with discounts, you may even find it lower by putting in some webwork

Quick Reply: Just picked up some rims; opinions on color?