LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Buying a certified Ls460

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 06:09 PM
ekim
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a certified Ls460

Does buying a certified car mean that everything on the car will be under warranty for the next 3 years? Does warranty cover speakers and navigation system?
Old 03-05-12, 06:15 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by ekim
Does buying a certified car mean that everything on the car will be under warranty for the next 3 years? Does warranty cover speakers and navigation system?

Yes. I just bought a CPO 07 LS a month ago with 19K miles and it is my understanding that EVERYTHING is covered on the warranty, just as it would be on a new car warranty for 3 years or 100K miles. I just received my warranty in the mail today, showing 0 deductible, I would be shocked if there was anything that wouldn't be covered (assuming it was nothing negligent by the owner).

John
Old 03-05-12, 07:11 PM
OBP
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Usually, the Lexus CPO warranty does not cover failure of trim pieces whereas the original bumper to bumper will cover it.
Old 03-05-12, 09:19 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html
Old 03-05-12, 09:45 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To begin with, please allow me to answer your most important question. NO !

Now then ...there IS a DIFFERENCE between the standard Factory Warranty and the CPO Warranty as to what is covered. The Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles. When the CPO Warranty takes effect, there are items that are NOT covered. A couple of examples: Factory Warranty covers the battery; CPO does not. Factory Warranty covers Light Bulbs/Lamps. CPO Warranty does not. Although, and this is amusing, CPO does cover fuses. LOL.

The BEST WAY to get accurate answers, is to sit with a SENIOR Service Adviser at an "ELITE" Lexus dealership and let them answer your questions. That way, you can be assured any concerns YOU have will be answered accurately.

Remember ..... "Never let FACTS get in the way of a Good Story." I sincerely hope this has helped you ... and good luck in your choice and purchase. CPO cars, with some of the expensive parts involved with our LS's, can be a reassuring way to go.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 03-05-12, 10:33 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the good thing about the CPO warranty is that it's exclusionary -- it lists what things they won't cover, with the understanding that everything else will be covered. with that said, it's nowhere near as comprehensive as the original bumper-to-bumper warranty -- the dealer is not obligated to cover all of the problems that lexus has issued technical service bulletins for
Old 03-07-12, 03:04 PM
rhedrich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mikey100
To begin with, please allow me to answer your most important question. NO !

Now then ...there IS a DIFFERENCE between the standard Factory Warranty and the CPO Warranty as to what is covered. The Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles. When the CPO Warranty takes effect, there are items that are NOT covered. A couple of examples: Factory Warranty covers the battery; CPO does not. Factory Warranty covers Light Bulbs/Lamps. CPO Warranty does not. Although, and this is amusing, CPO does cover fuses. LOL.

The BEST WAY to get accurate answers, is to sit with a SENIOR Service Adviser at an "ELITE" Lexus dealership and let them answer your questions. That way, you can be assured any concerns YOU have will be answered accurately.

Remember ..... "Never let FACTS get in the way of a Good Story." I sincerely hope this has helped you ... and good luck in your choice and purchase. CPO cars, with some of the expensive parts involved with our LS's, can be a reassuring way to go.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
I agree esp with the Elite dealer. I will only buy an CPO from Elite dealer.
Old 03-07-12, 03:44 PM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

I think I know the answer to those questions, but I strongly recommend that you get a printed copy of the CPO warranty from Lexus and review it carefully.

As a local radio host lawyer here in Boston always says, a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper its not printed on!
Old 03-09-12, 11:12 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 283 Likes on 201 Posts

What if you get a CPO car that is still under the 4 year/50K warranty? Do you get the original factory warranty until that limit is reached and then the CPO after?

It should also be noted that if you buy a Lexus extended warranty to cover the car after the 4 year/50K warranty, it is similar to a CPO warranty in that it doesn't cover everything like the original warranty.