LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Solution to Color matching foglight bulbs to headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 11:04 AM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I did a DIY on HID install. Since you are new on here, let me help you out by posting the link..but next time you should try and use the search function...tons of info on this site at your disposal

Here is my HID DIY https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5883474-post1.html

CJITTY Thnaks for your DIY post, However i don't belive this will work with the newer model Ls's. I attemptd this and the plactic fender liner is all one piece that goes under the car .
Old 03-18-12, 05:27 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by yodanadane
CJITTY Thnaks for your DIY post, However i don't belive this will work with the newer model Ls's. I attemptd this and the plactic fender liner is all one piece that goes under the car .
Whoa really? I haven't noticed that...and you are sure there are no plugs or anything to remove? There has to be some room to manuever around..can you remove the plugs underneath to give more slack?
Old 03-19-12, 06:46 PM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Whoa really? I haven't noticed that...and you are sure there are no plugs or anything to remove? There has to be some room to manuever around..can you remove the plugs underneath to give more slack?
It can be done , However it is a bigger job then expected . I removerd the two fender wheels screws and three screws underneeth the car holding bottom plastic and a small air diffuser . and a couple of more button clips . I could squezze my hand inside but could not see enough to replace the bulb.I belive all the plastic under the car would need to be removed to get to the bulbs.
Old 03-19-12, 08:29 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Well I be John Brown..had no clue the 10+ were like that #sux
Old 08-21-20, 08:11 PM
Rushard
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stas2007
It seems that there is no real solution to color matching stock ugly fogs to the OEM 4300k Hid headlights. I did a lot of searching and tried a few different bulbs and by far these are the best. I would say they match 99%.
They are Sylvania ZXE 9006, which you can get for about 50$ in Autozone. I think 50$ is a bit steep considering you can get HIDs for that price, but i hate the look of hids without projector lenses, since they just glare out the whole fog light.
The only time you can see the fogs and headlights look different is when you are looking at them up close from the side, this is because the projector on the headlights makes them appear more blue than they are, while the fogs remain the same.
Overall very happy with them and I dont think there is a better match unless you get projector JDM fogs with HIDs.
Thats the bulbs I used:

Well all I have for pics are crappy Iphone shots but it actually is better since you can see lots of glare and the color lines from both headlights and fogs: Enjoy
Far Away:

Closer, notice the 4 lines and how the color is the same:

More close:

And up close:
matching fogs to headlights how did u end of matching them i hate the color of my fog lamps