LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

360 forged wheels opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 08:56 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 forged wheels opinion

thinking about getting 22 for my ls. what do think of this set im planning on getting the mesh 10. my lip size would be 3 in front 5 in rear which is what i want. what do you think of style and brand? if not which brand would you recommend that would offer a big lip thanks in advance

Old 03-19-12, 06:46 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts

A decent amount of Viper guys have 360 forged so I have seen a handful in person and it is a great looking and quality wheel. Their concave wheels are pretty sick. One of our local guys was a distributor but moved to Houston a couple years ago. His name is Andy Wheeler but I don't have a contact email or number for him anymore. He shouldn't be tough to find by doing a search.
Old 03-19-12, 07:54 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My recollection of 360 Forged is that there was a lot of controversy surrounding this company and when there were a lot of outstanding orders existing, the company was then sold/bankrupt. In the following months, the previous owner (Jordan I believe) re-opened up shop as ADV.1. I haven't had any interaction with these companies myself, but I personally would be careful about ordering wheels from 360 Forged.

Just a few of the online review of this said "company":
http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-tir...ored-862d6.htm
http://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg-...-forged-6.html
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...-forged-2.html
Old 03-19-12, 12:14 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

any other wheels you guys recommend im looking for 3 piece wheel i know iforged sucks so what else do you have give me some advice
Old 03-19-12, 12:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

do you need a 3 pc wheel??? Have you looked at VOSSEN. They arent going anywhere and have an amazing warranty and truly stand behind their products
Old 03-19-12, 01:18 PM
RuCuS81
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gs430Boi
any other wheels you guys recommend im looking for 3 piece wheel i know iforged sucks so what else do you have give me some advice
Check out HRE or VIP Modular

Last edited by RuCuS81; 03-19-12 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-19-12, 01:32 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gs430Boi
I have a set of Weds Kranze Bazreias for sale if you're interested.
Old 03-19-12, 02:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RuCuS81
Check out HRE or VIP Modular
HRE will run you something insane like 7-8k probably. Not sure but I can only imagine what a 22" HRE would run.
Old 03-19-12, 04:37 PM
PhatDad
Driver

I was going to say if someone says Vossen when the guy is asking about 3-piece wheels, my head was going to explode.... too late!!!
Old 03-19-12, 05:28 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhatDad
I was going to say if someone says Vossen when the guy is asking about 3-piece wheels, my head was going to explode.... too late!!!
LOL That's too funny cause as i was scrolling down i was anticipating vossen to be brought up
Old 03-19-12, 05:34 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the 360 forged are in the same price range as modulars or HRE, so 7-8k is probably not insane to the OP haha
Old 03-19-12, 06:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhatDad
I asked if he really needed them. I had a bad experience with 3 pc very expensive wheels. Many of the shops I go to always say they are a pain and the seals will go bad therefore leading to slow leaks. You may want to ask yourself why you are seeing so many people with Vossen wheels. 3 pc styling ( fat lips, flat faces, and rolled lips) at a reasonable price. They arent cheap but they are reasonable and the company actually be around in the future, unlike many of the smaller " high end" 3pc wheel manufacturers who made crappy wheels for to much money and have disappeared . Just my 2 cents.

To the OP I hope you find a beautiful set. Good luck buddy
Old 03-19-12, 07:17 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you dint like three piece which I can agree on the 3 pieces, cop some 2 piece wheels which the barrels are one piece and the face is another, stronger but it just comes down to not wanting to rock what others are rocking, if everybody didn't have vossens then they would be hot!!! but the fact that everyone does make me as individual to go a different route.
Old 03-19-12, 08:49 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

The problem is everyone is using vossen wheels I want to be different with wheels with big lip I don't have a feel for concave wheels I would go with hre wheels but I'm not gonna spend 8-9 grand for them just sayin
Old 03-19-12, 09:40 PM
PhatDad
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I asked if he really needed them. I had a bad experience with 3 pc very expensive wheels. Many of the shops I go to always say they are a pain and the seals will go bad therefore leading to slow leaks. You may want to ask yourself why you are seeing so many people with Vossen wheels. 3 pc styling ( fat lips, flat faces, and rolled lips) at a reasonable price. They arent cheap but they are reasonable and the company actually be around in the future, unlike many of the smaller " high end" 3pc wheel manufacturers who made crappy wheels for to much money and have disappeared . Just my 2 cents.

To the OP I hope you find a beautiful set. Good luck buddy
I hear you but I'm on my 3rd set of 2 & 3 piece wheels with ZERO issues. My point was not to knock vossen wheels but it always amazes me how, know matter what a person comes on here and asks about high end wheels, vossen is always brought up in those talks. Vossens are not even in the same league as a 2 & 3 piece wheel. Not trying to hurt feelings, just speakin' the truth.

OP, there are some great wheels out there like: Forgiato, HRE, Asanti, etc. Within these builders there are tons of different configurations you can go with. Most of their sites will let you build the wheel to YOUR exact specs, offsets, colors, etc. You won't get that with a one piece non- forged wheel.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply: 360 forged wheels opinion