LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I8ABMR's new 22" Vossen CV1s and a BIG thank you to Vossen wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 05:02 PM
Pushkar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am going to get these wheels ...
Old 04-29-12, 05:11 PM
ITWORKS
Rookie

Very nice..... I mean Damn !
Old 04-29-12, 05:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Oh..you know what time it is now...time to update your setup here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...34#post7181134
updated
Old 04-29-12, 06:18 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
updated
Yessurr...thanks man!!
Old 04-29-12, 09:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

As much as I like the CV1 I think the CV4 is going to blow people away. Also with no lip its going to look larger like the CV3 does. I also think the CV2 would look amazing in 22" on a white LS
Old 04-30-12, 12:15 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. I picked up my car finally got the wheels put on today. I am so impressed with the way these wheels look. I think the concave design is stunning, especially in person. I also like the way the shine on the face of the wheel works well with the white paint and compliments the brightness of the car. Everyone at the shop said they thought the CV1s look much nicer than the VVS082. I like them both, but I feel like the concave design makes the wheels and the car look a little more unique, fresh, and modern imho. I used to be a hardcore lipped wheel only kind of guy but these concave wheels are awesome. I love the way the spokes on the wheels look faceted. It makes the wheel look more expensive and classy. I got gas after I let the shop and got 2 compliments on the wheels in the 5 minutes I was there. These wheels are eye catching and I know they will look awesome as they spin that beautiful concave face

I also wanted to take the time out to tell the the members on Club Lexus how much I appreciated the help and the amazing customer service that I received from Vossen wheels. I had a problem with one of my VVS082s. Since Vossen didn't have the 082s in stock they agreed to take back all of the wheels, send me a new set of the CV1s , AND went so far as to communicate directly with the manager at the discount tire and even paid for the mounting and balancing ( Im sure this is decided on a case by case basis.) Vossen is truly a top notch wheel company that stands behind its products and has bent over backwards to make me happy , and a long time customer. In the past I have had issues with Asanti, TSW, and Sevas wheels. Its refreshing and unique to find a company that not only offers amazing products, industry leading warranty, fresh designs and styles, but also offers amazing customer service and are truly passionate about their products AND their customers. I wanted to thank Leo, Jav, and Mike at Vossen wheels for all of your help ( especially Leo who has been trying to help me since November) for taking great care of me.

PS sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics. I will try to post better pics later.

Your LS looks fantastic Glad we could be of service and thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by ehaze
will vossen powder coat wheels before shipping?
Sorry, we offer our standard colors and don't offer color painting. Many customers have painted our wheels from their local paint shop.
Old 04-30-12, 07:25 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks magnifico
Old 04-30-12, 10:16 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, cv-1s look killer on a white LS!!! Congrats and welcome to the club once again Really looks good even without a drop!!
Old 05-01-12, 02:34 PM
SC2GS2LS
Driver School Candidate

Car looks amazing w/ the CV1's on white! That would have been my first choice as well since I've always been a white car guy but can't go wrong w/ any of the monotone colors...white just looks cleaner longer! I've actually considered getting repainted but its so astronomical in price I'll likely just keep the black and wait to get into white again for the next car.

As for the lowering, you really can't tell too much on the LS but it would likely finish off the look when and if you're ready. I like my coils, but w/ out air, it's kind of a pain to get the rears dialed in perfectly the way you want it. I've removed my front fender plastic trim inserts to get just a lil more clearance for driveways and it helps a ton, so if you go the lowering route, that may be something to look into (just gotta get some touch up paint for covering the off-white plastic screw mounts).

Congrats on the wheels!!
Old 05-03-12, 11:35 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks fantastic and thanks for your patience and support!
Old 05-04-12, 04:46 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks real good. Welcome to the Vossen and CV1 family. I've been tempted to change my CV1s but Im afraid to get something that just wont look right. I keep hearing the "I didnt know factory wheels came so big" from people. That makes me want to keep them more.
Old 05-04-12, 05:12 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

As much as I like the CV1 I think the CV4 is going to blow people away. Also with no lip its going to look larger like the CV3 does. I also think the CV2 would look amazing in 22" on a white LS
I was fortunate enough to swing by Vossen here in Miami and had them put the CV4s on my car to test. They do indeed look great and I might end up with a set instead of going 24s but the only thing I'd overheard them saying and Mike might want to correct me on this is that theyre doing the fronts 5MM with more offset. The way it looked sitting was good but as far as lowered or slammed, it might be an issue.
Old 05-04-12, 12:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Looks real good. Welcome to the Vossen and CV1 family. I've been tempted to change my CV1s but Im afraid to get something that just wont look right. I keep hearing the "I didnt know factory wheels came so big" from people. That makes me want to keep them more.
Thanks buddy. I love the way they look. I was concerned not having a lipped wheel but these look so fresh and stylish. I love the way they kind of look oem. They are beautiful wheels.
Old 05-04-12, 07:36 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
I was fortunate enough to swing by Vossen here in Miami and had them put the CV4s on my car to test. They do indeed look great and I might end up with a set instead of going 24s but the only thing I'd overheard them saying and Mike might want to correct me on this is that theyre doing the fronts 5MM with more offset. The way it looked sitting was good but as far as lowered or slammed, it might be an issue.
I was rubbing very slightly on the inside control arm and fender edge with 265/30/22 on Tanabes..so I dropped down to 245s and no issue at all on 35mm front offset 22x9 CV1s. ..I'm sure 255s will work too. A 30mm offset will take care of the control arm clearance but not sure how the 30mm will do for inner fender. I do know that Shibumi1 had the 22" CV3 with a 2.5" drop and no rubbing from what I heard during the video shoot..I think 32 or 33mm would be perfect. If you look at the Shibumi1 CV3 video and.pics, I believe it is 30mm offset on the new 22" Vossen wheels because it def sits more toward the outside than mine
Old 05-04-12, 10:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I feel like the CV1 seems to fill the wheels well a little nicer than the VVS082. I cant wait to see the CV4!!

Quick Reply: I8ABMR's new 22" Vossen CV1s and a BIG thank you to Vossen wheels