LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How much will you pay for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-12, 09:10 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question How much will you pay for wheels?

Summertime is almost here and I'm thinking about buying some new wheels and saying goodbye to Vossens. I've been researching and getting price quotes from various companies such as VIP Modular, Rennen Forged, Luxury Abstract and etc and came to the conclusion that I will have to "pay to play" to be different.

How much am I willing to pay for wheels though? It's a hard decision!

So I am turning to you gentlemen for your thoughts.

What is the most that you'd pay for custom wheels? 4k? 5k? 7k? Holy shhhhhh!

Even making six figures a year I cannot justify paying 7k for wheels but so many who make far less do.

What about you?
Old 05-10-12, 09:40 PM
LEXUS714
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

9k if u ask haha
Old 05-10-12, 10:10 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

this thread is silly. everyone is different. some are fine with stock, some fine with knockoffs, etc etc.

my suggestion to you and anyone who considers spending (or who has already spent) a few grand on wheels is to ensure them. most people think their car insurance will cover their wheels but the majority of the time this is untrue. acquiring renters insurance is the usual route people take. you don't have to be renting anything to acquire renters insurance, it's just a name. it covers all your personal belongings and can be super cheap, as I'm less than fifty a month
Old 05-10-12, 11:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

imho 7k for wheels on a 85k ls460l is ok

but seriously it's all just about you, yourself. how much you make a year means next to nothing about how much you should feel comfortable spending. if you like cars enough, you will be ok with spending more. if you don't, even 100 bucks is too much
Old 05-10-12, 11:17 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

The most ever was 12k for 26's on my denali..
Old 05-11-12, 12:05 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends how in to it you are. Everybody has their own limits. me personally no more than 5k for a car like the LS; it varies for me with different cars.
Old 05-11-12, 05:54 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Franky yes in the car game you do have to pay to play but that goes for anything you are into, I always said there is no such thing as a cheap hobby. Also IMO you have your three levels in any hobby…

-Casual enthusiast- Entry level
-Enthusiast- Mid level
-Purest- High level (Baller status)

None of the above has anything to do with how much paper you make, it’s about how passionate you are, expressing your individuality by adding your own personal touch for the hobby. Your passion will be the driving force behind what level you will live on, it will also depend on what goals you want to achieve building your car. We all have our cut off limits as to what we think is too much b/c it is all subjective, one man’s overkill is another man’s masterpiece. So in the end it comes down to what you feel comfortable spending that will make you happy, and will give your whip that extra something special!

You are ready to step up to buy your girl (LS460) some new red bottom shoes so she can shine, you know they ani’t cheap but she looks great and the necks she breaks will be priceless! Str8 Stuntin on dem…..

BTW I have two hobbies home Audio/Video + Cars = It never ends lol!

Good luck man!

Last edited by Tee; 05-11-12 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-11-12, 05:59 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

depends on the car and if u want to be different!! 5 to 7k for some 2 or 3 piece forged wheels is not really asking much is it.. but thats what people do, i love it. do what makes u feel happy i know cats who change wheels every year!!
Old 05-11-12, 06:25 AM
Pushkar
Rookie

2k - 3k is the most i will pay.
Old 05-11-12, 07:49 AM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bonafyd
The most ever was 12k for 26's on my denali..
DAYUM SON! 12K! Wowzers!
Old 05-11-12, 08:09 AM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tee
Franky yes in the car game you do have to pay to play but that goes for anything you are into, I always said there is no such thing as a cheap hobby. Also IMO you have your three levels in any hobby…

-Casual enthusiast- Entry level
-Enthusiast- Mid level
-Purest- High level (Baller status)

None of the above has anything to do with how much paper you make, it’s about how passionate you are, expressing your individuality by adding your own personal touch for the hobby. Your passion will be the driving force behind what level you will live on, it will also depend on what goals you want to achieve building your car. We all have our cut off limits as to what we think is too much b/c it is all subjective, one man’s overkill is another man’s masterpiece. So in the end it comes down to what you feel comfortable spending that will make you happy, and will give your whip that extra something special!

You are ready to step up to buy your girl (LS460) some new red bottom shoes so she can shine, you know they ani’t cheap but the she looks and the necks she breaks will be priceless! Str8 Stuntin on dem…..

BTW I have two hobbies home Audio/Video + Cars = It never ends lol!

Good luck man!
Tee, I agree with you 100% I guess I'd fall in the "Enthusiast level" LOL.....
Old 05-11-12, 09:03 AM
GregCon
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally.....I would not spend a nickel. I think the stock wheels are just fine.
Old 05-11-12, 09:03 AM
626VIP460
Driver School Candidate

The most I'll pay is 10k. Its a LS what can you say...
Old 05-11-12, 09:11 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Whenever I hear those brands OP named off, I already know that I wouldn't pay more than "x amount" for those wheels. In my mind, I think all those brands OP mentioned have their own ceiling price, and quite frankly, there's just slight degrees of separation between them.

For me, I guess I'm more of a purist in this sense, that when it comes to Japanese cars, I tend to only shop for Japanese parts/wheels, with the exclusion to some European brands because we have a 5x120 bolt pattern now. I guess you have to "pay to play", but on that same note, "it's all about who you know".
Old 05-11-12, 10:36 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's another tip: if you don't want to buy those wald mahora 3pc brand new through jonari for $12k, you know you can always pick them up used for $5k. just gotta have patience and spend some time searching. not too difficult

Quick Reply: How much will you pay for wheels?