LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Where is this filter located?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 10:29 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Where is this filter located?

I ordered two A/C filters for my LS460 from Park Place Lexus Plano online. When I received them, I found them different from what I have on my car.

They're twice as big as the one installed inside the glovebox and they're white and feel like they're made of cotton. The product description says "hvac, controls, auxiliary heater & ac, cabin air filter LS460, LS460L".

I emailed the company to which they responded that what I ordered was "for the rear ac housing". I don't know what that means. I know the L version has a separate A/C compressor and separate filter in the rear seat whereas the base model has only one compressor and filter, but the description clearly says it's for both the base and L versions.

I attached a pic of what I received. Can any one recognize it and tell me what it is?

Thanks.

Edit:
One more question, how many spark plugs are there in the engine?
Attached Thumbnails Where is this filter located?-photo.jpg  

Last edited by JFNash; 05-14-12 at 10:32 AM. Reason: One more question
Old 05-14-12, 11:44 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JFNash
I ordered two A/C filters for my LS460 from Park Place Lexus Plano online. When I received them, I found them different from what I have on my car.

They're twice as big as the one installed inside the glovebox and they're white and feel like they're made of cotton. The product description says "hvac, controls, auxiliary heater & ac, cabin air filter LS460, LS460L".

I emailed the company to which they responded that what I ordered was "for the rear ac housing". I don't know what that means. I know the L version has a separate A/C compressor and separate filter in the rear seat whereas the base model has only one compressor and filter, but the description clearly says it's for both the base and L versions.

I attached a pic of what I received. Can any one recognize it and tell me what it is?

Thanks.

Edit:
One more question, how many spark plugs are there in the engine?
Per the Search engine ...........

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...460-60k-2.html

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 05-14-12, 12:17 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Charcoal Filter part number is: 87139-50060
Filter goes inside the glove compartment.
See owner's manual for how to install
Make sure A/C is set to recirculate before installing
Old 05-15-12, 07:00 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Mikey for the link. I searched before posting and that thread came as the first hit but I couldn't find a sure answer to this question. Can anyone confirm if 8 spark plugs is all what I need?

Also can anyone tell me what is that filter? Is it useful in any way in my SWB LS460?

The problem is when you order the part they don't show the part number. It's just the product description you base your whole decision on. So I emailed the company back raising this issue where the gentleman replied saying "Anytime they use the term auxiliary that means the rear. I’ve been doing this almost 20 years and that still gets me time to time."

That didn't convince me very much. I used their search engine to search for the product and narrowed down the results to the SWB-compatible parts, and the description says it's compatible with the LS460. So where is this "rear ac housing"?

Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 08:03 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JFNash
Thanks Mikey for the link. I searched before posting and that thread came as the first hit but I couldn't find a sure answer to this question. Can anyone confirm if 8 spark plugs is all what I need?

Thanks
I apologize. I now quote, however, from the thread I listed:

Originally Posted by XCLSVELS
Go with what the manual says, I bought the spark plugs from my mechanic at his price $14 bucks each (NY Price) original lexus parts. And its 8 plugs you need to buy. I had the same issues like the ones your mentioning with starting a little late and a tad slower at around 65K, after they were installed now is kicking better *** and a little better on MPG!! :-)
It's amazing how well the "Search box engine" functions.

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 05-15-12, 01:11 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Rear A/C Filter housing is in the trunk on the wall behind rear seat a little left of center.