LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Air suspension reliability, LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-19, 04:11 PM
TRIUMPHT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
has that area been worked on before? By them? If so you can make that argument with corporate
No this is my first time dealing with this dealer with this car. I am still going back and forth with corporate i just had them escalate it. The Dealer has no problem doing the work they are worried about getting paid for the work. I spoke to the manager today. So its the compressor that has water in it. They said they have never seen that before which to me is even more of a reason they should know its a faulty part. They are trying to say its a outside issue which is not covered by warranty.

I spoke to Arnott and they said the compressor is a closed unit water cannot get into unless its being pushed in from another part of the system that has a fault. I told the dealer you need to check the system and they are saying if it was an issue somewhere else there would be more codes showing.

The person i spoke to in corporate is just like well the dealer is saying its not able to be covered under warranty so its not covered under warranty because we follow their judgement.

I plan to see what they say tomorrow then depending on whats the outcome just take my car back and find an indy shop. My issue with fixing this part out of pocket is it happening again then they want to look into it at that point I've already spent the money.

Part of me wants to ask them what would they give me for the car and go else where. As much crap as people give BMW when i had them and it was under warranty they never even questioned anything just fixed it. I left for reasons of my last one consistently having a new problem but not one problem did i have to go above the dealer to get something fixed.

Last edited by TRIUMPHT; 04-16-19 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-16-19, 04:19 PM
TRIUMPHT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
At 106K miles on 2013 LS. I think I hear a metallic clunk once or twice while slowly going over a speed bump. Wondering if mine is starting to show symptoms. Yes, torrential rainy day fund set aside.

I wasn't aware there is such a sensor and indicator for the air suspension.

Old 04-17-19, 01:51 AM
Kee318
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My Ls460 F sport air struts went out at 70k. Found a use set for 1,000 from a seller on Ebay. He took all 4 of them out at 10k and installed air runner on his 2015 f sport. Installing the back air struts was difficult. The back seats had to come out to get to it.
Old 04-17-19, 03:31 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIUMPHT
No this is my first time dealing with this dealer with this car. I am still going back and forth with corporate i just had them escalate it. The Dealer has no problem doing the work they are worried about getting paid for the work. I spoke to the manager today. So its the compressor that has water in it. They said they have never seen that before which to me is even more of a reason they should know its a faulty part. They are trying to say its a outside issue which is not covered by warranty.

I spoke to Arnott and they said the compressor is a closed unit water cannot get into unless its being pushed in from another part of the system that has a fault. I told the dealer you need to check the system and they are saying if it was an issue somewhere else there would be more codes showing.

The person i spoke to in corporate is just like well the dealer is saying its not able to be covered under warranty so its not covered under warranty because we follow their judgement.

I plan to see what they say tomorrow then depending on whats the outcome just take my car back and find an indy shop. My issue with fixing this part out of pocket is it happening again then they want to look into it at that point I've already spent the money.

Part of me wants to ask them what would they give me for the car and go else where. As much crap as people give BMW when i had them and it was under warranty they never even questioned anything just fixed it. I left for reasons of my last one consistently having a new problem but not one problem did i have to go above the dealer to get something fixed.
indy shop used parts that come with warranty if it comes to that
Old 04-17-19, 10:56 AM
TRIUMPHT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdanielca
indy shop used parts that come with warranty if it comes to that
That is on the table or DIY.

Originally Posted by FunFact
Sounds like it's time to have a lawyer's office write them a nice letter. Or just file in small claims court, that'll make them change tunes when they get a summons for court where they know they will likely lose.

Look into something like this: https://www.forthepeople.com/breach-...ranty-lawyers/
Thank you for that information i will look into this as another step. As of now i am taking my car back and bringing it to the dealer that i purchased it from. So i will see what they come back with and if it is unsatisfactory to me i will go from there.

Last edited by TRIUMPHT; 04-17-19 at 11:24 AM.