LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 11:38 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not really feeling those wheels either, if you want to stand out, go get some nice wheels and have them dipped in 24k gold
Old 05-23-12, 12:04 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll share a little (Southern) advice with ya: When you are looking for Nirvana, once you find it, you'll be EXCITED ! And NOTHING else will matter !
The fact you felt the need to ask others should now tell you about this decision, and your question herein.

The above fact is true about decisions involving homes, cars, paint colors, aftermarket wheels, Brides, etc.

I personally wish you great Success in finding/choosing your own Nirvana, what ever this may be.

Want more ? OK .............
A lot of horses die on the edge of the river bank, because having been led to water to drink, they are too dumb to reach down and Drink !

That's all for today. Sincere Best Wishes to all ..........

Mikey Lulejian - Fishing on stocked, professional bass pond, OFF Lake Oconee, GA
Old 05-23-12, 02:37 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If there was the available emotion of the little guy throwing up I would post that!
Old 05-23-12, 02:59 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
If there was the available emotion of the little guy throwing up I would post that!
Here ya go..take your pick, sorry OP..this was just one of those opportunities

or

or
Old 05-23-12, 03:45 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Here ya go..take your pick, sorry OP..this was just one of those opportunities

or

or
Lmao, yeah I was looking for that first one!
Old 05-23-12, 03:57 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure why everyone is jumping down this guy's throat about his wheels.

The wheels he picked aren't particularly my preference, but neither are any of the Vossen wheels. Seems like everyone has some sort of obligation to tell others what to purchase, I say let the man enjoy his own.
Old 05-23-12, 04:09 PM
09LS460
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally agree Brian, but it's not as if the thread was created letting everyone know what he was buying...........he said that he did care and wanted opinions.....no?
Old 05-23-12, 04:31 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Not sure why everyone is jumping down this guy's throat about his wheels.

The wheels he picked aren't particularly my preference, but neither are any of the Vossen wheels. Seems like everyone has some sort of obligation to tell others what to purchase, I say let the man enjoy his own.
Well, he asked for our opinions and a thumbs up or thumbs down response...so folks are going to respond, simple as that. In fact, I think folks probably went easy on him..you know folks have strong opinions on here and will provide strong opinions..whether asked or not

Last edited by CJITTY; 05-23-12 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-23-12, 04:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

huge no for me
Old 05-23-12, 05:20 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 09LS460
Generally agree Brian, but it's not as if the thread was created letting everyone know what he was buying...........he said that he did care and wanted opinions.....no?
You're right, I hear you on that. I just re-read the initial post and it seems as if he's looking for some criticism, whether it be good/bad.. my mistake.

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I think folks probably went easy on him..you know folks have strong opinions on here and will provide strong opinions..whether asked or not
I don't particularly think people have "strong" opinions, seems to me it's the same people that have the same opinion, repeated and posted over and over again. Quite frankly, it's a bit hackneyed to hear what the next vossen wheel to be released is.
Old 05-23-12, 05:48 PM
Ys88q7
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice lookin wheel probably looks better on a donk, might be too much bling on a 460 maybe if you had it Candycoated and the back seat full of woofers, lol ,nah to each his own ,there really are a whole lot of choices out there even in the asanti line ,VIP modular ,vossen has to three new ones ,savini ,work I'd keep lookin.
Old 05-23-12, 05:48 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're right, I hear you on that. I just re-read the initial post and it seems as if he's looking for some criticism, whether it be good/bad.. my mistake.

I don't particularly think people have "strong" opinions, seems to me it's the same people that have the same opinion, repeated and posted over and over again. Quite frankly, it's a bit hackneyed to hear what the next vossen wheel to be released is.
amen! brutha!!! nothing else needed to be said
Old 05-23-12, 06:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

thumbs way down. I think the spokes look like the band on my Raymond Weil watch. Plus I had a nightmare experience with Asanti when I had my GS. They sent me 3 out of 4 wheels that were out of round and they refused to take them back because they were "custom". Total BS imho. I will never do business with them again. I would recommend to look elsewhere in terms of style and quality
Old 05-23-12, 06:12 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Vossen owners are very heavy on here..no doubt about it. But many of us owners are proud of our wheel choice because it was the look we wanted and we will talk about it in an open forum such as CL. Others promote their wheel of choice and talk about it, while at the same time bash Vossen.. so what's the big deal? My impression is you are not a Vossen fan based on your two Vossen mentions in this thread..that's your right, but isn't Vossen a vendor on CL? If so, I wonder if they will appreciate your comments?..especially since you are moderator.

OP, you pick the wheel you want and be happy with it..when you ask for opinions.. expect opinions whether positive or negative. Don't worry about what others have..if you like it, go for it. I know alot of people have Vossen wheels, but I like tr way they look on my car. And I live in Atlanta and have yet to run into another Vossen wheel LS460..and I go to a lot of Lexus meets..so don't get caught up in all the hype about having a common wheel
Old 05-23-12, 07:49 PM
Trexus

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Vossen contributes heavily here on Club Lexus. Vossen has sponsored many Club Lexus meets such as the Pursuit in Irwindale, CA, BOS in northern CA and many on the east coast as well. Just recently Vossen sponsored Bimmerfest in Pasadena, CA last sunday. Vossen is a great company. I agree with CJITTY, as a moderator making negative comments of a CL vendor might seem unappreciative with all the contributions Vossen makes to this website...

Quick Reply: Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?