LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 08:01 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a sideways thumb? IMO, it depends on the car color ...
Old 05-23-12, 09:26 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Well, he asked for our opinions and a thumbs up or thumbs down response...so folks are going to respond, simple as that. In fact, I think folks probably went easy on him..you know folks have strong opinions on here and will provide strong opinions..whether asked or not
Uncle Jitty ......... Thanks for saying what NEEDED to be said @

Period !

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 05-23-12, 11:46 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Not sure why everyone is jumping down this guy's throat about his wheels.

The wheels he picked aren't particularly my preference, but neither are any of the Vossen wheels. Seems like everyone has some sort of obligation to tell others what to purchase, I say let the man enjoy his own.
He requested our opinions...it comes with the territory.
Old 05-24-12, 03:40 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Not my style but to each is own.....
Old 05-24-12, 05:03 AM
ehaze
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you are lil wayne, yes.

otherwise
Old 05-24-12, 05:04 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Take your time until you find what you really want, since you asked I have to give this wheel a.....
Attached Thumbnails Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?-thumbs-down.jpg  
Old 05-24-12, 05:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bleek300
I've had my factory wheels powder coated for some time, and looking at getting something that will REALLY STAND OUT! I'm kind of undecided on what kind to get. I dont want to get Vossen like everyone else seems to have on this forum. I like the Vossen wheels, but too many people have them.

What I want to know is what does everyone think about these wheels? Im not going to spend 7K on a set of wheels that people think are terrible.

AND,,, I CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK SO DON'T ASK!!!
If you want people to stare at your wheels, go for it.
They won't see you or your car.
Old 05-24-12, 05:48 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Trexus
Vossen contributes heavily here on Club Lexus. Vossen has sponsored many Club Lexus meets such as the Pursuit in Irwindale, CA, BOS in northern CA and many on the east coast as well. Just recently Vossen sponsored Bimmerfest in Pasadena, CA last sunday. Vossen is a great company. I agree with CJITTY, as a moderator making negative comments of a CL vendor might seem unappreciative with all the contributions Vossen makes to this website...
It's freedom of speech right? There's nothing really wrong with Vossen as I've had a set. The thing is, most can see thru the bull alot of members are trying to push here when it comes to Vossen. Again, it goes back to cost. Vossen is an entry level rim that looks good, so for most, it's the best of both worlds. I say if money wasn't an issue for most of the Vossen owners, they would have purchased something else, especially a multi-piece wheel.

The OP did ask for opinions, but most of the opinions are not unbiased and that's an issue as well. I'd hate to get advise from most of you here. Then we get back to what's better. Asanti rims are definitely better than Vossen, hands down. The only issue here is the particular style. You can definitely find better Asanti rims any day of the week compared to Vossen. Come on, let's stop the madness.

OP, if you like the rim, get it. All this mess about the rims will cheapin the car is ridiculous. What cheapens a car more, a costly rim, or a budget rim?
Old 05-24-12, 06:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Guys, let's get the discussion back on the OP's wheels. To put to rest the other topic:

Vossen is an absolutely stellar and active supporter of Club Lexus and is also very gracious with helping our members out not only with information but with prizes for meets, giveaways, etc.

However we never have and never will ask our moderator team to promote or mute their personal opinion about a company or product or concern, vendor or not. Moderators are all volunteers here, and part of the reason they are valuable to our members is that they share their opinion as experienced members themselves.

Those opinions may be positive, neutral, or less then favorable of products or services sold by our CL vendors or elsewhere. As long as their opinion is discussed maturely and politely, they are welcome to share it - same as all our members. For example, if we have a post about a product that is potentially dangerous or sub-par in quality, or even suspicious in nature I'm all for having our moderators post to urge caution whether the product is from a CL vendor or not (absolutely not the case with the vendor being discussed here, but just to give an illustrative example).

As mentioned we do expect the discussion to be polite and mature, but CL is all about sharing our personal opinions, style and tastes regardless if you agree or disagree with someone else or if you like the same things that others do. It isn't going to be the same for everybody (as evidenced by this thread) and its up to you to decide what to do with the feedback.
Old 05-24-12, 06:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

To the OP, if you like the wheels that's what is most important.

I personally would look for other alternatives. They're definitely attention grabbing but I can't look at them without thinking of the style I see on a lot of modern pickup trucks. Looks good on them, but not on a LS

Old 05-24-12, 10:39 AM
bleek300
Driver School Candidate

First of all, I seen these rims on a bentley and they looked good and not like they are "Bedazzled". The rims are nicknamed "watch band" and they dont look cheap as to down grade a car or the whole donk look.

Yes I asked for people opinions because I wanted to know what folks would think about my car if I spend 7K on a set of wheels. No matter how much people say they don’t care about others opinions, nobody is going to spend close to 10K (after taxes, tires, mount, etc.) on some wheels if everyone hates the look, unless you got it like that! And I'm an Air Traffic Controller so I'm definitely not hurting for money, yet I don’t have money to blow on something that would be considered BS.

For the record I can take constructive criticism but throwing jabs with the throwing up icons, the dave chappel picture, etc. is being extra as hell. And,, I can throw shots back as well (enough said)!

Originally Posted by CJITTY
My impression is you are not a Vossen fan based on your two Vossen mentions in this thread..that's your right, but isn't Vossen a vendor on CL? If so, I wonder if they will appreciate your comments?..especially since you are moderator.
If you read my comment right I never said that I didn’t like the Vossen wheels, I just said that too many people have them.

Thanks for all of the opinions, I appreciate it!
Old 05-24-12, 11:32 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, let's get the discussion back on the OP's wheels. To put to rest the other topic:

Vossen is an absolutely stellar and active supporter of Club Lexus and is also very gracious with helping our members out not only with information but with prizes for meets, giveaways, etc.

However we never have and never will ask our moderator team to promote or mute their personal opinion about a company or product or concern, vendor or not. Moderators are all volunteers here, and part of the reason they are valuable to our members is that they share their opinion as experienced members themselves.

Those opinions may be positive, neutral, or less then favorable of products or services sold by our CL vendors or elsewhere. As long as their opinion is discussed maturely and politely, they are welcome to share it - same as all our members. For example, if we have a post about a product that is potentially dangerous or sub-par in quality, or even suspicious in nature I'm all for having our moderators post to urge caution whether the product is from a CL vendor or not (absolutely not the case with the vendor being discussed here, but just to give an illustrative example).

As mentioned we do expect the discussion to be polite and mature, but CL is all about sharing our personal opinions, style and tastes regardless if you agree or disagree with someone else or if you like the same things that others do. It isn't going to be the same for everybody (as evidenced by this thread) and its up to you to decide what to do with the feedback.
Dave ........ like with Uncle Jitty ...... Once again .... Thanks for some COMMON SENSE remarks.

Personally, by now .... NOW .... just for laughs ....... It seems as though unless you are a machochist, the LAST thing ya wanna do on C.L. is to ask for opinions. LOL. Peeps got LOTS of those. Kinda like Hemmoroids.

All of this herein nonsense makes FISHING for largemouth bass for 6 hours ... and then coming up empty ... seem to be far more worthwhile in the long run. LOL.

I'm goin' outside and sharpen Honda lawnmower blades - knowing finally I am gonna accomplish sumptin' important today.

Thanks for all of the SALIENT (go ahead ...... Google THAT word !) points you made, Dave. Finally ... some COMMON SENSE.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On the banks of Lake Oconee, with empty fish coolers.
Old 05-24-12, 01:15 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Thanks again to CJITTY and all the Vossen enthusiasts here.

I guess I'm in a very unique position here having paved the way for these 80 or so new moderators here on Club Lexus. Not surprised at all which is why so many people continue to discuss concerns of the forum so thanks for the commentary good or bad.

We will continue to work hard for our Vossen Enthusiasts and continue to support the Lexus community not just online but at meets, shows, events etc.

I've been online a long time and my advice to the O.P and everyone else when you ask for an opinion online, you will get it especially if you post pics.

Good luck to the O.P and his choice of wheels. Now excuse me as I have to check CV4, CV5, CV7 inventory and see where to put these new machines Cause you know everyone has those

Mike

Last edited by Brian@Vossen; 05-24-12 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 01:33 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by bleek300
First of all, I seen these rims on a bentley and they looked good and not like they are "Bedazzled". The rims are nicknamed "watch band" and they dont look cheap as to down grade a car or the whole donk look.

Yes I asked for people opinions because I wanted to know what folks would think about my car if I spend 7K on a set of wheels. No matter how much people say they don’t care about others opinions, nobody is going to spend close to 10K (after taxes, tires, mount, etc.) on some wheels if everyone hates the look, unless you got it like that! And I'm an Air Traffic Controller so I'm definitely not hurting for money, yet I don’t have money to blow on something that would be considered BS.

For the record I can take constructive criticism but throwing jabs with the throwing up icons, the dave chappel picture, etc. is being extra as hell. And,, I can throw shots back as well (enough said)!

If you read my comment right I never said that I didn’t like the Vossen wheels, I just said that too many people have them.

Thanks for all of the opinions, I appreciate it!
Cmon son! I am not the only one who posted up "extra as hell" pics and my commentary about Vossen wasn't even directed at you..but it's all good..I took my lumps when I had my 20s and I deal with the Vossen haters as well, but I roll with it..if you are going to ask for opinions on this forum and post pics, you better be able to take "extra-ness" type of replies because that's just how it is..all in good fun, don't get all tight my brotha. Nobody mad here...the Chappelle deal was over the top perhaps, but cmon son.. when you are talkin about thumbs up or thumbs down, that was the perfect reference..cmon son..right? right? LIke I said man, do what you like..don't worry about us and what we think..it's your car #doWutYaLike
Old 05-24-12, 03:41 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Classic thread! CJ, this thread took a funny turn once you found me that emotion.

But honestly if you pay 10k for rims, there is something wrong with you IMO. Why not go HRE or iforged then. I guess everyone has there preferences though. Asanti just has never done it for me, too blingy and the quality does not compare, to other high end 3pc wheels, I guess they don't have that cleeeeeean look.

Quick Reply: Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?