LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 03:46 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
Classic thread! CJ, this thread took a funny turn once you found me that emotion.

But honestly if you pay 10k for rims, there is something wrong with you IMO. Why not go HRE or iforged then. I guess everyone has there preferences though. Asanti just has never done it for me, too blingy and the quality does not compare, to other high end 3pc wheels, I guess they don't have that cleeeeeean look.
what's wrong with paying 10k for wheels?
Old 05-24-12, 04:06 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can sure see me rockin those new CV7's
Old 05-24-12, 04:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Classic thread! CJ, this thread took a funny turn once you found me that emotion.

But honestly if you pay 10k for rims, there is something wrong with you IMO. Why not go HRE or iforged then. I guess everyone has there preferences though. Asanti just has never done it for me, too blingy and the quality does not compare, to other high end 3pc wheels, I guess they don't have that cleeeeeean look.
so you are trying to say iforged automatically means they are worth 10k?
Old 05-24-12, 05:23 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

guys retail prices are retail prices!!! being able to get a custom set of wheels will cost!! personally if everybody werent rocking vossen i would have a set!! but we all can rock the same ish! vossen are built proper as well but we all have different taste in wheels some people just feel comfortable with others get to take the guessing and headaches which can occur with unknown set ups with other manufacturers. asanti are flashy wheels but are on another level a proper comparison would lexani which is the maker of both, where talking toyota to lexus..
Old 05-24-12, 05:40 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextrician
guys retail prices are retail prices!!! being able to get a custom set of wheels will cost!! personally if everybody werent rocking vossen i would have a set!! but we all can rock the same ish! vossen are built proper as well but we all have different taste in wheels some people just feel comfortable with others get to take the guessing and headaches which can occur with unknown set ups with other manufacturers. asanti are flashy wheels but are on another level a proper comparison would lexani which is the maker of both, where talking toyota to lexus..
Wow. Maybe ya wanna take a second ..... re-type this and re-post ...... and then maybe we'll finally understand what it is you're trying to say. As it is ........ "Wow !" <???>

My 2 cents worth.
Old 05-24-12, 06:06 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

How did this become a Vossen thread? Searching for Vossen wheel pics I come across this.

Its a thread about a completely different wheel....but all I'm reading is Vossen. Even after Dave's post.
Old 05-24-12, 06:18 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mikey100
Wow. Maybe ya wanna take a second ..... re-type this and re-post ...... and then maybe we'll finally understand what it is you're trying to say. As it is ........ "Wow !" <???>

My 2 cents worth.
lol thats what i get for using my iphone just delete my post im done!!! no more from me.
Old 05-24-12, 07:23 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver10
I can sure see me rockin those new CV7's
uh hum MIKE!!! did u hear that 1... I said it 3months ago......

this whole discussion has gone left.. it boils down personal opinion...if u like a certain set of wheels then get them(bcuz all the people with their opinions dont have to pay for them)... its like the alligator suit... i've seen them worn.. but i sure as hell wont put one on

i been fortunate to own many diff wheels (MOMO, Fittipaldi,Niche,Dub & MHT) to name a few..an i've sold tons more.. i no longer argue w/customers.. they know what they want an theyre happy to pay for it...but its been a LONG while since i've dealt w/a group like Vossen (at 1st my 3rd choice) but talkin to the team seeing their passion not to mention quality an WARRANTY (which others like the rim in question dont even come close to having) i changed my tune..an now support them fully...but to each his own...

back to MIKE i need CV7's in my life!!!!! (i have a set tires looking lonely right NOW!)

an dont worry about the H8R's we eat em for breakfast!!! if Vossen was such tough competition they wouldn't be so worried... (after all look at goliath after david finished w/him)
Old 05-24-12, 07:54 PM
SnowPeas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down
Old 05-24-12, 11:51 PM
djpeak10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
so you are trying to say iforged automatically means they are worth 10k?
No, Im saying I have had Iforged, HRE and Asanti, and Asanti quality did not stand up to HRE and Iforged. The barrels kept bending constantly, and I had to fill up my tires, get a flat then dismount tire get it fixed and then it would happen all over again. Lip sizes were very similar, road conditions were the same. In my opinion Asanti is not nearly as nice of the wheel as the other two.
Old 05-25-12, 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeak10
No, Im saying I have had Iforged, HRE and Asanti, and Asanti quality did not stand up to HRE and Iforged. The barrels kept bending constantly, and I had to fill up my tires, get a flat then dismount tire get it fixed and then it would happen all over again. Lip sizes were very similar, road conditions were the same. In my opinion Asanti is not nearly as nice of the wheel as the other two.
i will have to agree 100% on that. i have yet to know anyone in person who is/was happy with asanti
Old 05-25-12, 02:11 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the factory wheels look better.
Old 05-26-12, 05:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

It really pains me to put down any company but in this case I have to agree. I consider Asanti to be the ghetto of high end wheels. The look of high quality is not apparent for a product of this cost. They just look too blingy....and I usually like some mild bling.

But I won't say they are horrible cause they aren't. They peel a little more than most high end wheels but others peel too.

This sums it up for me....three years ago I was talking to a guy from the hood. He was telling me how Asanti was the wheel everyone he knows aspire to own. I tried to inform him about other brands of equal or less cost but with less bling. He looked at me like I was from Mars. He couldn't understand why I didn't agree that Asanti was not THE top wheel.
I showed him the Work wheels on my car. He thought they were too plain and not in the same class as Asanti. I learned that many hood guys aspire to own Asanti wheels. My young nephew had a set. He hangs around with hood people despite all my advisement. He confirmed to me that Asanti was the wheel of choice for hood dwellers.

So, I have 2 reasons to not like Asanti. The blingy look and the the ghetto stigma.

BUT, if I liked them, nothing anyone else said would keep me from getting them. Except that they were poor quality and they had info to back that up.

To the OP, if you like the wheels, get them.
None of us ride on the same wheels forever. Get what you like. You can always change them later. We need a little diversity around here anyway.
Old 06-05-12, 08:30 AM
Mr_LS460
Driver

Dooooo not destroy that beautifull car by putting those ugly rims on it!! Just my opinion! If you do then u might as well paint it pink and put that funky interior in it like that ugly pink ls460 that we have all seen!! Lol...
Old 06-05-12, 12:02 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

after days in hiding, this thread once again appears!! OP, what did you decide to do..I know some of us gave you hell on here for those, but hey..we all family up in here at the end of the day! You have an LS, so you are already in an elite class!

Quick Reply: Thumbs UP or DOWN on these wheels?