LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 10:46 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

MY 13 looks like a good improvement on the current LS, but I guess I was under the impression it was suppose to be an all new model, not just a refresh. With that being said, I like the look of the F-Sport (minus the wheels). I hope that Lexus offers the black wood interior trim for the F-Sport and not just the aluminum. A car of this class should have multiple options across the board. I was also hoping the new model would have diamond pattern (quilted) leather. Mercedes, Audi (of course Bentey) use this design and I think it looks so much more luxurious.
Old 08-01-12, 10:49 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
To Ap1_Alan:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7384862-post407.html

Hate to bust your bubble but the LS F Sport is sitting in it's standard ride height, 10cm lower than a regular LS.

This picture doesn't mean anything, it's a Lexus car used for the debut, not a production car (much like the 4gs shown in the pic below, and we know the GS doesn't sit that low). 0.4" isn't that much of a drop.

Old 08-01-12, 10:54 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The front end looks better from the videos, I will have to see it in person to make a final judgement. The interior I am not a huge fan of. It looks too much like the GS and a little too spartan in the center, I was expecting something more dramatic but it is more of a major refresh then a new model. I think the current LS interior pulls off the big luxury sedan look better even if it is conservative, it is my favorite Lexus interior in the lineup. I don't think the new F sport interior looks good on a big luxury sedan. Most probably don't agree but I think the hybrid with all the light colored wood(bamboo grass) is the best looking iteration by far, it is the one iteration I really like. I still think the Audi A8 has the nicest interior in this class but I like the previous generation more, the S class interior does not impress me, the new 7 series interior looks pretty good but it is too close to the 5, the Equus front dash is really cheap/dated looking, Panamera interior is nice, Jag XJ interior is interesting but feels like it is missing something.

That metro reveal was very weird and totally wrong for a car like the Lexus LS.
Old 08-01-12, 10:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by modernx
great video. great job lexus!!! car looks great.

it's quite a change to see an LS portrayed as growling, and driven aggressively!
Old 08-01-12, 11:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
This picture doesn't mean anything, it's a Lexus car used for the debut, not a production car (much like the 4gs shown in the pic below, and we know the GS doesn't sit that low). 0.4" isn't that much of a drop.
The air suspension in the LS can be programmed to sit lower. You can alter in the aftermarket side, or have someone with a techstream manually/electronically lower it. F SPORT is 10mm lower than stock. 10mm, 1cm, .4 inches may not be much, but at least it's lowered from stock and it is officially stated in the specs. It's better than nothing.
Old 08-01-12, 11:09 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
I am just as skeptical as you, while 0.4" is a noticeable drop, I too don't think the production unit would sit that low.

It might be real though, as typically when Lexus fake the show stance, it is slammed with wheels spacers, this LS F-Sport is not slammed and don't have any spacers, so it could be real.
Old 08-01-12, 11:13 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Factory air suspension ftw. No aftermarket springs/coils needed!!! lol
Old 08-01-12, 11:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's a major refresh
Old 08-01-12, 11:24 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel like the new interior of the GS should be in the IS and the new LS should be for the GS, am I wrong? The LS dash just doesn't look like a fullsize luxury sedan no more inside and out. I think this looks like what should be a new GS. But I could be wrong when I see it in person i'll see.
Old 08-01-12, 11:47 AM
Blastphemy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuang
Am I the only one who is very dispointed by the interior and exterior? I think the design is what a Lexus GS should be, but not for Lexus flagship. I hope sun is not setting on Lexus after seem recent GS, ES and now the LS. . I will still keep an open mind and go see the LS in person this Oct.
I love the exterior of the new LS, but I think the inside is boring and plain. After owning an Infiniti M, no other interior really compares. The LS doesn't even have all the cool screens like the Cadillac XTS C.U.E. system or the Tesla Model S giant iPad-thingy. The interior of the LS still feels like early 80s to me. But that's just my opinion.
Old 08-01-12, 11:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Here are some of the LIVE photos I posted on the Club Lexus Facebook Page during the event:

Theme of the evening #LexusAttracts

Lexus LF-LC:

Lexus LFA:

#LexusAttracts:

The man in charge of Lexus, Kiyotaka Ise:

Specs on the new 2013 Lexus LS F SPORT:

Miss Universe 2007 - Riyo Mori:

LS F SPORT w/LED Headlamps & Fogs:

LS F SPORT in Starfire Pearl:

LS F SPORT's Lexus Badged Brembo BBK:

Flush mounted headlamp washers:

LF F SPORT's new interior:

LED Headlamps & Turnsignals, new on 2013 LS:

LED Taillamps & Back Up Lamps:

Cool Neon Circle L & LS

Center Stage & City View Metreon San Francisco:

Gazoo Racing Driver Takayuki Kino$ita was also there but I missed the opportunity to take a pic of him.

Last edited by flipside909; 08-01-12 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-01-12, 12:01 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Factory air suspension ftw. No aftermarket springs/coils needed!!! lol
FTW until you have to replace it at 50k miles and find out they are $1000+ each and you need 4 of them

Then you would love cheap aftermarket springs/coils again........lol
Old 08-01-12, 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
FTW until you have to replace it at 50k miles and find out they are $1000+ each and you need 4 of them

Then you would love cheap aftermarket springs/coils again........lol
gotta pay to play? same to be said for most luxury items
Old 08-01-12, 12:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I feel like the new interior of the GS should be in the IS and the new LS should be for the GS, am I wrong? The LS dash just doesn't look like a fullsize luxury sedan no more inside and out. I think this looks like what should be a new GS. But I could be wrong when I see it in person i'll see.
why? They have more leather in the interior than their competition BMW/MB/Audi, both new GS and LS. I am not so sure how they could put that interior in $46k GS, when GS already blows competition out of the water with its interior.
Old 08-01-12, 12:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

great pics ryan, thanks!

anyone else notice the lexus logo on the front of the f-sport ls at least seems very faint? guess they want it less noticeable on the mesh grill?

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread