LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 11:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I think Toyota/Lexus is worrying too much about long term reliability on the engines, because that's what make it well known. But with all the tech now, turbo engine can be just as reliable as NA engine, or at least last much longer. It seems it IS the way to go ( performance/fuel economy wise ) with strict CAFE standard. Lexus cannot just depends on hybrid technology thinking it will win today's competitions.
Less to do with reliabilty than it has to do with cost. Adding on turbos add to cost and design. Toyota has had turbos before and they will upcoming. Turbos are the new "thing" as Hyundai, Ford, and GM have them, so guess Toyota WILL have them, first application will be Corolla/Rav4 and Lexus IS-Fsport and LS-Fsport will get them around 2015MY.
Old 08-02-12, 12:19 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's 2015MY, it would be perfect timing since my warranty will be up on my 7 and then it's shopping time.
Old 08-02-12, 12:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SBlexus
No matter what these car makers come out with there is always someone who thinks it should have been done a different way. This is the reason that someone came up with the term customizing, if Lexus would have put 22's on this " Refresh" believe me you someone would have not been pleased and change those to something of their liking. I love everyone's opinion on club Lexus but we gotta look at it like this if Lexus put everything on the car that we wanted, and believe me we wanted a lot Lol. The car would be so over price half of us probably couldn't afford the new "Refresh".
well said. though i think options are always great, allowing customers to choose. that's what luxury is all about.

and given the car is on the same chassis / suspension, that's why it's a refresh, a very major one though
Old 08-02-12, 12:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Well that's debatable my friend.....

Define: LED Light Bulbs in General

But, I think you knew what I was describing regardless of semantics.

Joe Z
LOL. LED - Light Emitting Diode. Otherwise it's LEDLB by that definition.

Last edited by flipside909; 08-02-12 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-02-12, 12:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Toyota WILL have them, first application will be Corolla/Rav4 and Lexus IS-Fsport and LS-Fsport will get them around 2015MY.
Is this a fact or 3rd party speculative news? Sounds like the latter.
Old 08-02-12, 12:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The cool new LED illumination on the front and rear of the LS 460 AWD F Sport:

Old 08-02-12, 01:00 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

LED Illumination for the LS 600hL:

Old 08-02-12, 06:21 AM
LexFather

Ryan wow, thanks for the pics.

We get shafted again!!!
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/08/0...red-in-europe/

2013 Lexus LS 600h F SPORT to be Offered in Europe
Posted by krew on August 2nd, 2012

The 2013 Lexus LS 600h will be offered with the F SPORT package in Europe, though with some changes compared to the LS 460 F SPORT:

Both the LS 460 F SPORT & LS 600h F SPORT will be lowered by 10mm compared to the standard model, with Brembo front brakes and paddle shifters.
The RWD LS 460 F SPORT will be equipped with a Torsen limited slip differential, an Active Stabilizer System, and the paddle shifters will incorporate automatic throttle blipping on downshifts.
The LS 460 F SPORT will also have an intake sound creator installed, which will feed engine sound into the cabin.
The LS 600h F SPORT will not have the Torsen LSD — only the Active Stabilizer System will be equipped.
The purpose of the Torsen LSD is to distribute torque between the rear wheels — not exactly an important feature when the LS 600h is only available in All Wheel Drive and weighs over 400 lbs. more than the LS 460.

Also released by Lexus Europe are some new photos, including two images of the black leather interior — one with Bamboo trim and the other with Ebony Bird’s-Eye Maple trim:
Old 08-02-12, 07:00 AM
John_R
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love everyone's opinion on club Lexus but we gotta look at it like this if Lexus put everything on the car that we wanted, and believe me we wanted a lot Lol. The car would be so over price half of us probably couldn't afford the new "Refresh".
Not really, by now you should know the "Ingenuity" of the Club Lexus members.

It's just a matter of time before we have someone here that has the courage to become the 1st guinea pig and does his own 2013 refresh of his 2007-12 LS, and orders the headlight & tail light assemblies, both front fenders, hood, trunk lid, and bumpers front and rear, and transform his Lexus into a 2013.

Only to be outdone by the 2nd Guinea pig who does the same and goes one step further and swaps his interior door panels, headliner switches, center console, dash and steering wheel for the 2013 look and feel.

Then the rest of us wait for the guinea pigs to do the DIY pic and video write ups for the rest of us to follow into their footsteps. You just saved yourself the price of a new Lexus.

Sometimes i think Lexus does this on purpose to make more money of the sales of their new 2013 refresh cars,as well as of the parts for those who do a conversion of their 2007-12 into a 2013. Its a win win for Lexus.

That is until Lexus does a major restyle of the whole car new chassis and all then we're screwed and have no choice but to trade up, but by then we would have saved up for the new model.
Old 08-02-12, 07:29 AM
Ys88q7
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter what these car makers come out with there is always someone who thinks it should have been done a different way. This is the reason that someone came up with the term customizing, if Lexus would have put 22's on this " Refresh" believe me you someone would have not been pleased and change those to something of their liking. I love everyone's opinion on club Lexus but we gotta look at it like this if Lexus put everything on the car that we wanted, and believe me we wanted a lot Lol. The car would be so over price half of us probably couldn't afford the new "Refresh".
You might as well slam the mic cause I don't think anything else can be said!!!!!!lol
Old 08-02-12, 07:36 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by John_R
Not really, by now you should know the "Ingenuity" of the Club Lexus members.

It's just a matter of time before we have someone here that has the courage to become the 1st guinea pig and does his own 2013 refresh of his 2007-12 LS, and orders the headlight & tail light assemblies, both front fenders, hood, trunk lid, and bumpers front and rear, and transform his Lexus into a 2013.

Only to be outdone by the 2nd Guinea pig who does the same and goes one step further and swaps his interior door panels, headliner switches, center console, dash and steering wheel for the 2013 look and feel.

Then the rest of us wait for the guinea pigs to do the DIY pic and video write ups for the rest of us to follow into their footsteps. You just saved yourself the price of a new Lexus.

Sometimes i think Lexus does this on purpose to make more money of the sales of their new 2013 refresh cars,as well as of the parts for those who do a conversion of their 2007-12 into a 2013. Its a win win for Lexus.

That is until Lexus does a major restyle of the whole car new chassis and all then we're screwed and have no choice but to trade up, but by then we would have saved up for the new model.
The members of clublexus are great and the best part is enthusiasm of the game. If your rich enough u can go to Lexus factory a build your Ls with custom spec and it would be too expensive that's what I'm trying to say. I respect what these members are doing with their vehicles, I am a die hard Lexus fan and I love what they are doing. The name of the game is making it your own "you bought it". It's all about give and take.
Old 08-02-12, 07:37 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
well said. though i think options are always great, allowing customers to choose. that's what luxury is all about.

and given the car is on the same chassis / suspension, that's why it's a refresh, a very major one though
Thanks man I respect that!!!!
Old 08-02-12, 07:39 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LexPaul
Amen to that...
Back at u Paul!!!!
Old 08-02-12, 07:41 AM
Euphoria83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ryan wow, thanks for the pics.

We get shafted again!!!
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/08/0...red-in-europe/
Yes!

Definitely gonna have one now.
Old 08-02-12, 07:59 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Exactly! I see so many **** talkers out there leaving negative comments on other reviews and I don't think they could even afford the car. You can not buy a better overall car than the Lexus LS. You will never please everybody. Most people don't care about how well a car is engineered. The best are when they say the LS is a redesigned Avalon.

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread