LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 10:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. The S-Class AMG is a perfect example of why sport can work with LWB.
well lwb is worse for sport driving - why exactly would someone get F-Sport LWB anyway? Just because they want it lwb? It doesnt make much sense to me but maybe I am not understanding?

I mean if you get LWB, it is because you are being driven in the LS... and if you are being driven, then you want more comfortable model and not F-Sport, right?
Old 08-03-12, 10:14 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just thinking from a detailing perspective how big of a pain in the *** it is going to be to clean bugs out of that grille. lol
Old 08-03-12, 10:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
well lwb is worse for sport driving - why exactly would someone get F-Sport LWB anyway? Just because they want it lwb? It doesnt make much sense to me but maybe I am not understanding?

I mean if you get LWB, it is because you are being driven in the LS... and if you are being driven, then you want more comfortable model and not F-Sport, right?
just about as pointless as doing "sport" in a car like ls? the ls is already a big and pretty heavy car. having some fun in it is fine. but that extra 5 inches is not going do wonders or kill anything. i am all for fsport in the lwb as well. let people choose. before you even try, 07-09 lexus ls460l touring package with larger wheels, bigger brakes, and better sways, it's on lwb ONLY. and yes, that car handled better than swb
Old 08-03-12, 11:09 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. The S-Class AMG is a perfect example of why sport can work with LWB.
Yeah, it's all preference. I like the qualities of a SWB luxury sport sedan like the B7 Alpina. S 65 AMG is a king...but at that point, it really becomes an image thing, not so much the essence of "Sport" or agility. I like the B7 Alpina and the Porsche Panamera Turbo equally, but because the Panamera isn't the most pleasing to look at, the B7 Alpina would get my vote.
Old 08-03-12, 11:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The 19" are carryover from last year's Sport wheel. Look really cool but a paint to clean off the brembo brake dust. I guess that's why they decided to go with the inner spokes as gray and left some of the spokes the regular brushed aluminum finish.

Old 08-03-12, 11:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I guess Lexus didn't find the need to add the LFA-esque aluminum trim to the F SPORT's steering wheel:

Old 08-03-12, 12:04 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realize that Nav and Remote Touch were standard now....not that I can imagine anyone buying one of these cars without those features.
Old 08-03-12, 12:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I didn't realize that Nav and Remote Touch were standard now....not that I can imagine anyone buying one of these cars without those features.
Yeah lets hope theres no non-Nav version of the LS. That would be wrong.
Old 08-03-12, 12:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
just about as pointless as doing "sport" in a car like ls? the ls is already a big and pretty heavy car. having some fun in it is fine. but that extra 5 inches is not going do wonders or kill anything. i am all for fsport in the lwb as well. let people choose. before you even try, 07-09 lexus ls460l touring package with larger wheels, bigger brakes, and better sways, it's on lwb ONLY. and yes, that car handled better than swb
once again why? just because? 5 extra inches in wheelbase is not going to help the handling thats for sure...

I just dont get why - you are buying it for yourself, who is going to be in the back that needs extra inches of space if you are driving the car?

Is it one of those things - people want maxed out not matter how little sense it makes?
Old 08-03-12, 12:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I see LS460Ls, LWD 7's, S classes all the time, people aren't being driven. I personally wouldn't buy a LWB LS, but people surely do...just look at the LS owning members here, plenty of LS460L's...none with people being driven.

I like most of the changes to the new LS, I think its a little too sporty in a couple areas, I for instance dislike 3 spoke wheels on cars like the LS...but all in all I like it.
Old 08-03-12, 01:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

once again why? just because? 5 extra inches in wheelbase is not going to help the handling thats for sure...

I just dont get why - you are buying it for yourself, who is going to be in the back that needs extra inches of space if you are driving the car?

Is it one of those things - people want maxed out not matter how little sense it makes?
who said people don't carry others in their cars? i don't have people sitting in the backseats every day, but every time when there are more than 2 people they all crave to ask me to drive my s550 because they love how spacious it is. THAT says something about the extra inches.

it's just plain silly if you are to think that's the reason why something is not "needed". yes one can argue it's all preference, but at the same time i would say it's silly for you to even be talking about luxury brands, because it's all (mostly) about the extras. that extra air vents, that extra chrome trim, that extra inch in space, that extra piece of insulation.

just because? that's like saying no one should really get anything more than a corolla, because it's light, it's great on gas, it accelerates and handles just fine, and it's cheap. keep in mind i am not even trying to get into why need the rear 2 doors

i never said the extra inches will help on handling, but it's safe to say it's not going to make that much of a difference. i know because i have driven most ls460, lwb vs swb, touring, sport, etc... before anyone starts to blame on the length of the car, i will simply state first that hardly anyone even come close to utilize the handling capabilities of these cars, even on lwb (let alone swb)

talking about "making sense" in buying luxury car is a very funny combination, especially when you get into flagship cars that cost north of 70k easily here in the US. at that level, it's more about choices, not sense

Last edited by rominl; 08-03-12 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-03-12, 02:22 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What if I like the body kit of the F-Sport, but like the smoother handling and space of a LWB model. What do I do then?
Old 08-03-12, 02:33 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

who said people don't carry others in their cars? i don't have people sitting in the backseats every day, but every time when there are more than 2 people they all crave to ask me to drive my s550 because they love how spacious it is. THAT says something about the extra inches.

it's just plain silly if you are to think that's the reason why something is not "needed". yes one can argue it's all preference, but at the same time i would say it's silly for you to even be talking about luxury brands, because it's all (mostly) about the extras. that extra air vents, that extra chrome trim, that extra inch in space, that extra piece of insulation.

just because? that's like saying no one should really get anything more than a corolla, because it's light, it's great on gas, it accelerates and handles just fine, and it's cheap. keep in mind i am not even trying to get into why need the rear 2 doors

i never said the extra inches will help on handling, but it's safe to say it's not going to make that much of a difference. i know because i have driven most ls460, lwb vs swb, touring, sport, etc... before anyone starts to blame on the length of the car, i will simply state first that hardly anyone even come close to utilize the handling capabilities of these cars, even on lwb (let alone swb)

talking about "making sense" in buying luxury car is a very funny combination, especially when you get into flagship cars that cost north of 70k easily here in the US. at that level, it's more about choices, not sense
Well said, couldn't agree more.

Fo me, any cars cost more than $50k here in the US is NOT sensible at all. It is all about choices, the WANTS versus the needs and sense.
Old 08-03-12, 04:22 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

so it is just because then... thanks for letting me understand it :P
Old 08-03-12, 04:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

What if I like the body kit of the F-Sport, but like the smoother handling and space of a LWB model. What do I do then?
you are lucky then you live in the states and you can change that body kit for peanuts :P

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread