LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 04:35 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Henry got it explained 100%. I got my 7 in LWB, my wife love to sit in the back with my boy in the car seat. My car also has sport package, and all the handling options, I think it's really cool to have everything in one package. Plus the LWB sure looks sexier and got more "wow" factor.

I am all for F sport in LWB.
Old 08-03-12, 04:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
so it is just because then... thanks for letting me understand it :P
i don't know if you are trying to be funny or what, but i would think you should put "just because" in most of the topics here when talking about anything "luxury", otherwise you are just simply off the very wrong base
Old 08-03-12, 05:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know if you are trying to be funny or what, but i would think you should put "just because" in most of the topics here when talking about anything "luxury", otherwise you are just simply off the very wrong base
what I am trying to say is that you want it because you want it and doesnt really matter if it is something thats useful or not, you want it, end of story.

As you know, Japanese dont think that way... but they are improving. Otherwise, 5 inches is the difference between GS and LS so yes, it does matter. But again, to you it doesnt - you want to have LWB regardless how much sense it makes. I can imagine Japanese having hard time understanding that :-).

In the end, if we look at the options LS430 had and the options 2013 LS has, there is no denial that there are a LOT more options. Lets hope for 2016 they add more of them.
Old 08-03-12, 08:30 PM
Mind18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving the more agressive design. One thing i did notice, on the pics on lexus.com, they only show 2 of the 3 projectors lit up now. I wonder why the change.

Last edited by Mind18; 08-03-12 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-03-12, 08:35 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

the third beam is a high beam
Old 08-03-12, 10:39 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RX_330
I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. The S-Class AMG is a perfect example of why sport can work with LWB.
Originally Posted by spwolf
well lwb is worse for sport driving - why exactly would someone get F-Sport LWB anyway? Just because they want it lwb? It doesnt make much sense to me but maybe I am not understanding?

I mean if you get LWB, it is because you are being driven in the LS... and if you are being driven, then you want more comfortable model and not F-Sport, right?
RX_330, romini, blacksc400, GoHuskers and a few other guys make a good point regarding this.

The S65 AMG is a superb example of that (especially since it is EXCLUSIVELY offered in LWB version only; no SWB for that)

Also, in another example:
The Jaguar XJ offers their Supersport version (5.0 liter Supercharged V8) not only in SWB but also in LWB.

So spwolf, to answer your question/point. if you ask me:
I too would prefer say a Lexus LS-F-sport in LWB form. =)

Heck
If Lexus will do an LS-F (for the 5th generation) in LWB, then I say bring it on

It's about preference after all so why deny preference. There are those out there who want sport/performance along with a long-wheel base. There is nothing wrong with denying them their preference.............since after all, any added expense for such an option/choice would be made up since they would buy your vehicle because it caters to their wants and desires.........and not necessarily to their needs

Point here is:
This premium vehicle segment is less on needs and what makes sense.........and more on wants, desires and more importantly, WANTON EXCESS

Old 08-04-12, 06:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
RX_330, romini, blacksc400, GoHuskers and a few other guys make a good point regarding this.

The S65 AMG is a superb example of that (especially since it is EXCLUSIVELY offered in LWB version only; no SWB for that)

Also, in another example:
The Jaguar XJ offers their Supersport version (5.0 liter Supercharged V8) not only in SWB but also in LWB.

So spwolf, to answer your question/point. if you ask me:
I too would prefer say a Lexus LS-F-sport in LWB form. =)

Heck
If Lexus will do an LS-F (for the 5th generation) in LWB, then I say bring it on

It's about preference after all so why deny preference. There are those out there who want sport/performance along with a long-wheel base. There is nothing wrong with denying them their preference.............since after all, any added expense for such an option/choice would be made up since they would buy your vehicle because it caters to their wants and desires.........and not necessarily to their needs

Point here is:
This premium vehicle segment is less on needs and what makes sense.........and more on wants, desires and more importantly, WANTON EXCESS

absolutely... i was just pointing out that it will actually handle worse, but i guess it is not handling that matters but ability to have everything possible, especially if you cant have it.

Here top LS600h already costs $220k, and while in Rav4 I would get only the top equipment, I would definitely pick and chose with LS :-). I was looking at GS450h recently and i seriously wondered why I cant get 18 way seats with BASE model .-). So it might be cultural (cough*hightaxes*cough) thing :P.

It is similar in Germany too, it is hard to get fully loaded BMW/MB (used), it is usually pretty base sprinkled with few options to make it look (and feel) good.
Old 08-04-12, 08:09 AM
GoingHaam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just seeing this.... so is this a new generation or not??? definitely seems like a refresh, looks like lexus got lazy and got alot stuff from the old parts bin, Also will there be an LSF-L or just F in standard length?

Regardless i like the new look.
Old 08-04-12, 08:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GoingHaam
im just seeing this.... so is this a new generation or not??? definitely seems like a refresh, looks like lexus got lazy and got alot stuff from the old parts bin, Also will there be an LSF-L or just F in standard length?

Regardless i like the new look.
USV40 chassis.

F SPORT is only available in SWB.
Old 08-04-12, 08:59 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
F SPORT is only available in SWB.
A minor bummer

Hehe maybe I should talk to the Lexus engineers if they can create an F-SPORT LWB

Old 08-04-12, 09:49 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
the third beam is a high beam
I wonder why they couldn't make high beam to work on the same principle of bi-xenon. That way all three projectors could light up and when you need high beam shutter moves and there is your high beam
Old 08-04-12, 12:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
A minor bummer

Hehe maybe I should talk to the Lexus engineers if they can create an F-SPORT LWB

apparently many want it... i should talk to my govt to lower the taxes
Old 08-04-12, 01:23 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Default What about Heads-up Display?

It's been a while since I posted on Club Lexus. I love the new look of the 2013 LS. I am planing to sell my 2008 LS 460L and most likely order the new LS SWB with basically all the available options. I have one question that I don't believe has been answered yet. On the specs, I have not seen that the Heads-up Display is available on the new LS. Is this just an oversight by Lexus and it is indeed available? I can't imagine why it would not be. After all, I believe even the new ES has it. I am asking since I really like this option on my wife's RX 450h.
Old 08-04-12, 01:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
It's been a while since I posted on Club Lexus. I love the new look of the 2013 LS. I am planing to sell my 2008 LS 460L and most likely order the new LS SWB with basically all the available options. I have one question that I don't believe has been answered yet. On the specs, I have not seen that the Heads-up Display is available on the new LS. Is this just an oversight by Lexus and it is indeed available? I can't imagine why it would not be. After all, I believe even the new ES has it. I am asking since I really like this option on my wife's RX 450h.
unfortunately I dont think it is in... and thats too bad, i love heads up... it is so simple and yet so useful.
Old 08-04-12, 02:56 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 461 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I wonder why they couldn't make high beam to work on the same principle of bi-xenon. That way all three projectors could light up and when you need high beam shutter moves and there is your high beam
Rather than lighting up almost instantly, xenons take a fraction of a second to light up.
Also, when xenons first light up, they are not at maximum brightness; it takes so many seconds to reach their maximum brightness.

High beams must flash almost instantly to indicate.
Thus, high beams are usually use either conventional warm tint halogen bulbs, or cool tint LED emitters...

Last edited by peteharvey; 08-04-12 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread