LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-12, 12:12 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure you bought from us directly? Because we do send RMA's to send the parts back through our UPS account. You don't have to pay for boxes, you just re-use the ones you received with the product. 2 weeks for a response time means that you purchased the part from a distributor and not us directly. It's a different experience when you buy from us and the pictures are required for a full refund, its not asking a lot. You can even use your camera phone.
Old 06-15-12, 12:24 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was from Michael's Auto Accessories. If they are one of your distributors, they need to be released. If they were selling your items as boot leg, you should sue. The boxes they came in had extreme dimension and the instructions were the same. here are some pics that I had to take.

Here's an excerpt from an email from them;
Sir,
We are not working on processing a refund. We are working on a case to see if there is a problem with the parts. It takes as long as it takes and you will be notified once I get any information.
Thank You!
Holly - Customer Care
Michael's Auto Accessories Customer Service

This is after numerous pics and emails.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00001-20100824-1421.jpg   Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00002-20100824-1421.jpg   Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00004-20100824-1422.jpg   Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00005-20100824-1422.jpg   Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00006-20100824-1423.jpg  

Old 06-15-12, 12:27 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Oh, here's another one of their emails. Again, if they are one of your distributors, you need to sue them.

Management has reviewed this case and we would like to let you know
the edges need to be trimmed to meet up flush with the bumper. This is
minor trimming and is not a defect. This is the type of modification
and prep described in the listing that you bought from. So it was as
described and will fit when you do the trimming. If you do not wish to
do the work as described in the listing, you can return it. There is a
10% restocking fee and shipping costs cannot be refunded, also
described in the listing. Be sure to purchase insurance and pack it
will because depending on the condition it is received in will
determine the refund you receive.
Again our eBay department does not have a customer support number. I'm
not sure who you are calling, but we request that any communication be
through email, also stated in the listing.
Thank You!
Holly - Customer Care
Michael's Auto Accessories Customer Service
www.MichaelsAutoAccessories.com <http://www.michaelsautoaccessories.com/>
Old 06-15-12, 01:06 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Look, that was over a year and a half ago. I do believe things can be approved upon so why don't you give one kit to someone here? It has to be someone that actually is looking for a kit. They shouldn't have to pay for shipping either. I don't think you're going to find someone to let you hold their car so you can put it on. Give someone a kit and let them take it to the body shop of their choice. They should have to pay for the painting and install since they want a kit. The body shop will do a fitment test and everything should be good to go. It's a win win, with the agreement being the person post pics along with their experience with the whole thing. If it's good, you'll probably get takers from this site.
Old 06-15-12, 01:30 PM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
Look, that was over a year and a half ago. I do believe things can be approved upon so why don't you give one kit to someone here? It has to be someone that actually is looking for a kit. They shouldn't have to pay for shipping either. I don't think you're going to find someone to let you hold their car so you can put it on. Give someone a kit and let them take it to the body shop of their choice. They should have to pay for the painting and install since they want a kit. The body shop will do a fitment test and everything should be good to go. It's a win win, with the agreement being the person post pics along with their experience with the whole thing. If it's good, you'll probably get takers from this site.
Thats a very good suggestion, I d make pictures of the entire process, I am even willing to pay shipping of the kit
Old 06-15-12, 02:08 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

OSU, thanks for posting that info. We don't sell parts on eBay, our distributors might. Here is an example, say you go to your local mall and you want to buy an Armani suite from a distributor (Nordstroms/Saks/Barneys), you take it home, only to notice its not tailored, you didn't know it had to be tailored but now you're upset. Do you call Armani and ask them, why isn't this suit hemmed, etc etc?? No, you take it back to the store you purchased it from and tell them "wtf" whats going on, I paid a lot of money for an incomplete suit. There policies aren't the same as if you bought from a Versace store directly. They might charge you a re-stock fee or they might deny the refund, period. It sucks but it happens all the time. This is why I always tell people to buy directly from the manufacturer, us. Would you call Armani now and tell them that you want a suit for free, to fix the problems they've caused you? Probably not.

Either way, I can't give away a kit for free, but I am willing to give great deals to our fellow ClubLexus members. Sorry for the long analogy, but you guys are Lexus LS driver's, I have respect for you ballers. I apologize that I wasn't involved in that process, but if I were it would have been a different outcome.
Old 06-15-12, 04:00 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

amen!! i want a kit but definitely wont deal with bad fitment!! just wish it wasnt arm pulling to get a hookup on other kits lol. i say for promo someone here should get a kit. if vossen can give away wheels then a lip kit shouldnt be far fetched!!
Old 06-15-12, 04:27 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

I guess no matter where we turn in this world, people are always going to want things for free. Even if you do drive a $80,000+ car. I can understand what you are saying and how it would be good for marketing purposes, but I can just as easily go get a rental LS and do the fitment here. It's just that we don't have time for it, maybe once SEMA passes.
Old 06-15-12, 06:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ProperD
+1. as well as extreme dimensions are notorious for their horrible fitment
Not true. I've bought Extreme Dimensions stuff 3 times and it fit right out of the box every time. Telling people its a knock0off is true, no problem with that.

Telling people it's poor quality is not true. Don't boost yourself up with lies.

Even 10K kits need prepping to be installed. But if prepping won't make it work, that's when you have a problem. Maybe I've been lucky. I'm not saying their kits are perfect. I'm just saying I have not had any problems that were exclusive to ED kits.

I'll say it again, the JDM kit I had needed so much work to install the techs jacked up the price for labor. I have not had those same concerns with the ED stuff.

Last edited by Ice350; 06-15-12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-15-12, 06:29 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not true. I've bought Extreme Dimensions stuff 3 times and it fit right out of the box every time. Telling people its a knock0off is true, no problem with that.

Telling people it's poor quality is not true. Don't boost yourself up with lies.
the above photos show that it's poor quality...
Old 06-15-12, 07:52 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

#popcorn , this thread is awesome
Old 06-15-12, 08:58 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350

Even 10K kits need prepping to be installed. But if prepping won't make it work, that's when you have a problem. Maybe I've been lucky. I'm not saying their kits are perfect. I'm just saying I have not had any problems that were exclusive to ED kits.

I'll say it again, the JDM kit I had needed so much work to install the techs jacked up the price for labor. I have not had those same concerns with the ED stuff.
You are wrong my friend. I have the Wald kit on my LS and it fit perfectly. Everything lined up to a tee. No filling, just paint and that's it. If you design it properly, it shouldn't need "minor modification". As another poster said, the pics speak for themselves. There are two pics showing the left and right side of the front lip. They don't even match! Com'on son!
Old 06-15-12, 09:06 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
I guess no matter where we turn in this world, people are always going to want things for free. Even if you do drive a $80,000+ car. I can understand what you are saying and how it would be good for marketing purposes, but I can just as easily go get a rental LS and do the fitment here. It's just that we don't have time for it, maybe once SEMA passes.
Then you should go rent an LS. It's not about trying to get something for free. You want to make money and as you said, this is an $80,000 car and you think we should be eager to put something on our cars that is questionable? Makes no sense. The problem is, makers such as Wald are proven and wanted. In order to get where you want to be, you're going to have to do something that you would deem drastic. You had a post sometime back seeking an ls so you could put the kit on it, what's the difference? Is it because you will no how to get the best out of the kit sense you're the maker? If you were willing to do it for free then, why not now? You wouldn't be paying for materials and it will boost your cred if every thing turns out well. Seems like a no brainer. As I see it right now, the only way this kit will work is if it's molded to the car. That's what it will take to make it work and I do not consider that to be minor modification.
Old 06-15-12, 09:22 PM
OSU
Pole Position

So let's examine this pic; Are you telling me that as a paying customer I'm suppose to expect gouges? Just like the other pics, there are gouges everywhere. That's a whole lot of filling.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?-img00007-20100824-1423.jpg  
Old 06-16-12, 12:37 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
So let's examine this pic; Are you telling me that as a paying customer I'm suppose to expect gouges? Just like the other pics, there are gouges everywhere. That's a whole lot of filling.
That is beyond ridiculous smh..you must been pissed off to the highest of pisstivity

Quick Reply: Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?