LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone has extreme dimensions wald looking front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-12, 01:39 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

:
Originally Posted by CJITTY
That is beyond ridiculous smh..you must been pissed off to the highest of pisstivity
I'm gonna try that word here is Cali..."pisstivity"
Old 06-16-12, 01:43 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I too have a REAL Wald kit and the fitment is dead on perfect. This kit looks like it was made in Mexichina.
Old 06-16-12, 03:00 AM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions

If you used the search button for more then just reading the OP and moving on to the next, you would see that we are also "notorious" for helping our customers out. We understand mistakes happen and when its our fault, the customer will never be responsible. If the part is defective in anyway they can always return it hassle free.
i can understand how you could feel like one just 'reads the op and moves on to the next' but that is not the case with me. i am referencing complaints from a broad spectrum of communities (honda, nissan, chevy, dodge.) i wont go into that, however. i wasnt trying to slander your company. and im glad your customer service is supposedly so great and that you chose to stand up for your company.

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not true. I've bought Extreme Dimensions stuff 3 times and it fit right out of the box every time. Telling people its a knock0off is true, no problem with that.

Telling people it's poor quality is not true. Don't boost yourself up with lies.

Even 10K kits need prepping to be installed. But if prepping won't make it work, that's when you have a problem. Maybe I've been lucky. I'm not saying their kits are perfect. I'm just saying I have not had any problems that were exclusive to ED kits.

I'll say it again, the JDM kit I had needed so much work to install the techs jacked up the price for labor. I have not had those same concerns with the ED stuff.
i am not 'boosting myself up with lies.' i take no pleasure in being negative nor spreading negativity.

i also disagree that 'even 10k kits need prepping.' there are many kits that are DIRECT bolt on, with no prepping. however, there are many more kits that do need work and that are junk.

im also glad that you spoke up about your positive experience with ED. that will show everyone that reads this that they are not complete garbage.
Old 06-16-12, 05:01 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to bash them either. As I said in an earlier post. Things can be improved upon. The kits maybe better now. I just believe one kit can be given to a customer to boost cred. Not, "Let me hold your car so we can put it on for you". Document the experience and if it's good, it can only do good things for Extreme Dimensions.
Old 06-16-12, 07:06 AM
SupraTT10
Driver School Candidate

where can i get the wald kit??
Old 06-16-12, 07:58 AM
OSU
Pole Position

VIP Auto salon has them. You can also Google it too. It's expensive though, get ready.
Old 06-16-12, 08:22 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
the above photos show that it's poor quality...
I didn't see those pics before I posted. That sucks. How can it be off by that much??? Aren't these these things made with a mold?
Old 06-16-12, 09:25 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
I'm not trying to bash them either. As I said in an earlier post. Things can be improved upon. The kits maybe better now. I just believe one kit can be given to a customer to boost cred. Not, "Let me hold your car so we can put it on for you". Document the experience and if it's good, it can only do good things for Extreme Dimensions.
^ stories WITH PHOTOS like yours are what have discredited ED in my mind. and like i said, ive seen threads in regards multiple to the same thing.

I didn't see those pics before I posted. That sucks. How can it be off by that much??? Aren't these these things made with a mold?
^yes, they use a mold as do other companies. you would think a mold would be spot on, but as it turns out, there are better and worse molds.

Last edited by Dawa; 06-16-12 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-16-12, 11:29 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

molds also have a shelf life -- if you pull too many impressions they start to wear. you can also cause fitment issues by not storing the pieces correctly -- fiberglass can warp
Old 06-18-12, 05:56 AM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
I guess no matter where we turn in this world, people are always going to want things for free. Even if you do drive a $80,000+ car. I can understand what you are saying and how it would be good for marketing purposes, but I can just as easily go get a rental LS and do the fitment here. It's just that we don't have time for it, maybe once SEMA passes.
Kinda funny cause you are advertizing a free kit on the website :
http://extremedimensions.com/free_giveway.php
Old 06-20-12, 12:02 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
molds also have a shelf life -- if you pull too many impressions they start to wear. you can also cause fitment issues by not storing the pieces correctly -- fiberglass can warp
better places use molds a few times then make a new one... the guy i know who builds custom kits will only do 10 out of a mold then destroy it...