LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lowering the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-12, 01:44 PM
jsingh13
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowering the car

hello members, So far my car is all stock and I, thinking about lowering the car. Please give me suggestions and also what kind of kit do i need to but and the links would be highly appreciated.

Also if i buy the kit, from where can i get it installed.
thank you so much advance..
Old 07-05-12, 04:00 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a 460 or 460L?

As for kits...check "Offical 4LS Modification Thread". You should start there.

As for the install...try a local shop in your area.
Old 07-05-12, 04:18 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

There are tons of posts about this and you will learn a ton by searching the forum here..wealth of info I promise you
Old 07-05-12, 09:39 PM
jsingh13
Driver School Candidate

Got it bud!!!!
This is a great website. Wow def impressed
Old 07-05-12, 09:42 PM
jsingh13
Driver School Candidate

I have Ls 460 and I dont know who to trust here to get my car lowered. Im scared to go to some random shop . I was thinking about going to lexus and they can do it but im guessing that would be really expensive.
Please let me know where i can get it done little cheaper. I think at lexus its 1600 to lower the car.

Originally Posted by Nat
Do you have a 460 or 460L?

As for kits...check "Offical 4LS Modification Thread". You should start there.

As for the install...try a local shop in your area.
Old 07-06-12, 04:04 AM
ehaze
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsingh13
I have Ls 460 and I dont know who to trust here to get my car lowered. Im scared to go to some random shop . I was thinking about going to lexus and they can do it but im guessing that would be really expensive.
Please let me know where i can get it done little cheaper. I think at lexus its 1600 to lower the car.

i'd start here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/loc...al-forums-156/

or ask your friends if they know a shop that can handle it. the price above is nothing short of full-retard.
Old 07-06-12, 04:57 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Amen on what ehaze said. Example, as stated in my Tanabe install thread (a search will find it), I was quoted over $1k by Lexus to install the springs. Some places $750 and more.. LOL..uhh what? They go by book which calls for serious labor hours. A friend mine and fellow CLer advised me his local mechanic had done work on LS460 suspensions a few times. Since the shop was in Orlando, I drove down from Atlanta (6 hrs) and his mechanic installed them in under 3 hours and charged me $250. You can't beat that unless you do it yourself. I had rear seat power recline so I had the back seat partially removed to gain access to rear strut bolts behind back seats. Actually I was in Orlando already due to unfortunate circumstances but when I had some free time I drove across town to get them installed.

If anyone is in Central Florida or willing to drive to Orlando..I got.the hookup for you if you want coil springs or coilovers installed! PM me for details.

OP..homework is the key. Many folks on here do not search or do any thread reviews and end up kicking themselves later. When it comes to modding cars..you have to put in work to maximize your savings. More disposable cash = more mods lol...Don't be ripped off!!!! An educated CL member is a winning CL member
Old 07-06-12, 10:09 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Amen on what ehaze said. Example, as stated in my Tanabe install thread (a search will find it), I was quoted over $1k by Lexus to install the springs. Some places $750 and more.. LOL..uhh what? They go by book which calls for serious labor hours. A friend mine and fellow CLer advised me his local mechanic had done work on LS460 suspensions a few times. Since the shop was in Orlando, I drove down from Atlanta (6 hrs) and his mechanic installed them in under 3 hours and charged me $250. You can't beat that unless you do it yourself. I had rear seat power recline so I had the back seat partially removed to gain access to rear strut bolts behind back seats. Actually I was in Orlando already due to unfortunate circumstances but when I had some free time I drove across town to get them installed.

If anyone is in Central Florida or willing to drive to Orlando..I got.the hookup for you if you want coil springs or coilovers installed! PM me for details.

OP..homework is the key. Many folks on here do not search or do any thread reviews and end up kicking themselves later. When it comes to modding cars..you have to put in work to maximize your savings. More disposable cash = more mods lol...Don't be ripped off!!!! An educated CL member is a winning CL member
amen brother!!