LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS460L Navigation Out of Whack

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 11:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

disconnecting a plug in the back of the nav screen will restart / reload the nav. you can also do it by disconnecting / reconnecting your battery i believe. worth a try, though the system is supposed to update itself every now and then.
Old 07-26-12, 01:38 PM
jmcraney

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

The GPS antenna is located in the dash, above the display screen, and unlikely to be affected by window tinting on any windows except the front windshield.

The Compass Display screen provides an indication of receipt of the GPS signal. On the Compass Display screen, in the upper left quadrant, there is box that displays "GPS" when the GPS signal is being received from the satellites and it will be blank when no satellite signals are being received. It is normal to not receive the signals when the antenna is in the "RF shade" such as in tunnels.
Old 07-26-12, 02:09 PM
jmcraney

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
Mine is nuts aswell !!! It will say I am going north when I am going south , and east when I am going west. The arrow goes backwards and not forwards. My buddy is the head mechanic at Lexus ,and he cant figure it out. I did a firmware update ,and still nothing. Calibration hasnt done anything either.
Sounds like you may have your display in the "North Up" mode instead of the more conventional "Heading Up" mode.

Here is a link to an explanation that I did a while back that might be helpful: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6994435-post6.html
Old 07-26-12, 03:26 PM
freedom88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
Mine is nuts aswell !!! It will say I am going north when I am going south , and east when I am going west. The arrow goes backwards and not forwards. My buddy is the head mechanic at Lexus ,and he cant figure it out. I did a firmware update ,and still nothing. Calibration hasnt done anything either.
Maybe close to December 21, 2012 global warming... south-pole becomes north-pole
Old 07-27-12, 06:43 AM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Sounds like you may have your display in the "North Up" mode instead of the more conventional "Heading Up" mode.

Here is a link to an explanation that I did a while back that might be helpful: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6994435-post6.html

Oh Brother!!!!! I wish I saw this yesterday I just bought the update for 159$ ,and my buddy is gonna install it for me on Sunday. I sure hope this update works , if not I will try your tutorial
Old 07-27-12, 08:26 AM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney

Thanks this helps getting off north up to heads up, but I did noticed that their is not GPS label on mine it say nothing.
Old 07-27-12, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by vicsis250
Thanks this helps getting off north up to heads up, but I did noticed that their is not GPS label on mine it say nothing.
you don't have the GPS wording underneath the scale? if so, that sounds like your antenna is not connected
Old 07-27-12, 09:22 AM
jmcraney

Originally Posted by rominl
you don't have the GPS wording underneath the scale? if so, that sounds like your antenna is not connected
I think "rominl" is right-on in advising you to considering the antenna connection. However, now that you understand that you are not receiving the GPS signal there are some other things that you need to think about too.

Now that you understand where to look to see if the GPS signal is being received (the compass display mode) you should set your display to that mode and then observe the signal indicator to see if it comes on when you change locations. It is possible to have a localized interfering signal or some sort of shading. If it seems to be very sensitive to shading or position then that might indicate an antenna or antenna connection problem. The signal margin for the GPS is very large and causing a problem by placing something on the dash is vey remote, but it is possible to block the signal by placing something like a folded up sun shade over the antenna.
Old 07-29-12, 05:24 AM
highroler
Driver School Candidate

Had this very same issue! Dealership could not duplicate after multiple visits. So...next time it happened I took out my iphone and video-ed the problem doing 70 mph showing that the passing interstate signs didnt match what was on display. Sent video file to dealership and that finally got their attention.

Net result...Dealership replaced screen and NAV cpu's...about a $6-7K warranty repair. Took several weeks to get parts and Lexus approval. They said there was a low voltage output signal that was causing intermittent issue.

Works great now and made me feel better about purchase of an extended warranty for future issues