LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Automatic folding side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 07:14 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Automatic folding side mirror

Sup everyone, new member here. Just picked up a CPO '08 LS460. I had a question about the folding side mirrors.

Before I get flamed I tried searching for "automatic folding mirror, folding mirror, side mirrors" and didn't turn up with anything. Also checked my owners manual and its not answering my question.

I have my folding mirror set a neutral, but when I lock/unlock or start/stop my engine, it doesn't automatically fold.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-12, 07:19 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Flip the switch to the right
Old 08-23-12, 07:24 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lbintab
Flip the switch to the right
I'm trying to figure out how to set it so it folds and extends automatically. Won't keeping the button the right just keep them folded?
Old 08-23-12, 07:40 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

then flip left..
Old 08-23-12, 07:41 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Damnit you made me get off the couch and go out to the car! Ok sorry for the rant. Keep the switch in the middle. Right folds in. Left keeps them folded out and middle is auto
Old 08-23-12, 08:04 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup switch in middle should have them fold in when you lock doors and unfold when you open.
Old 08-23-12, 08:05 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

When you say neutral is that switch in the middle?
Old 08-23-12, 08:22 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Yes. Neutral is when the switch is in the middle. Yet my mirrors don't automatically fold. They fold normally if I switch it left/right but not when its in the middle. Do you need to lock/unlock with the key fob? Because I lock it with the button and unlock by hands.
Old 08-23-12, 08:22 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They only fold in when you push lock on your key fob and fold out when you push unlock on your key fob, or if u grab ur door handle to open they unfold or push lock button on ur door handle they fold. Starting or shut off your engine does nothing to the mirrors as far as folding or unfolding them.
Old 08-23-12, 08:26 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
They only fold in when you push lock on your key fob and fold out when you push unlock on your key fob, or if u grab ur door handle to open they unfold or push lock button on ur door handle they fold. Starting or shut off your engine does nothing to the mirrors as far as folding or unfolding them.
AH! Thank you for that information. I drove my sisters IS and got used to never taking the key fob out of my pockets. Never knew it was only by key fob only.
Old 08-23-12, 08:30 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Grouchy
AH! Thank you for that information. I drove my sisters IS and got used to never taking the key fob out of my pockets. Never knew it was only by key fob only.
I said the outside door handle will make the fold and unfold too. Your welcome!!!
Old 08-23-12, 08:35 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

I said the outside door handle will make the fold and unfold too. Your welcome!!!
Sorry I misread your reply. I'm lost once again. Because that's what I've been doing. I've been locking it with the door handle and unlocking with the handle. And they still don't fold automatically.
Old 08-23-12, 08:48 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Sorry I misread your reply. I'm lost once again. Because that's what I've been doing. I've been locking it with the door handle and unlocking with the handle. And they still don't fold automatically.
Ok turn on the car push the switch all the way to the right were it shows the full mirror indicator,then turn the car off get out the car close the door and push the black lock button on the handle. The mirrors should fold in. Make sure you are working the right switch, it's the one with the outline of a mirror and a full mirror on it. It's on the left side of the steering wheel.
Old 08-23-12, 09:04 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Ok turn on the car push the switch all the way to the right were it shows the full mirror indicator,then turn the car off get out the car close the door and push the black lock button on the handle. The mirrors should fold in. Make sure you are working the right switch, it's the one with the outline of a mirror and a full mirror on it. It's on the left side of the steering wheel.
I went down to the garage, played around with it and it seemed to work. Not sure what I was doing wrong the first time. But thanks again.
Old 08-24-12, 07:48 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Mine fold and unfold with keyfob and soft buttons on handles..switch is in middle auto position with light.. pretty straight forward..its a CPO car..when in doubt go to dealer..sounds like you are good to go now

Quick Reply: Automatic folding side mirror