LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Buying used ls460... How do I know ODO not tampered with

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 01:26 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
You took the words right out of my mouth. The OP had a valid question.
Sorry, don't think it was too valid in my opinion for an enthusist forum but as I said, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Why is it when someone post what you call a negative comment, everybody gets up in arms, but when someone posts a car that many of you call "Ghetto", no one calls that out as being childish? If you can do it for those posts, I should have the freedom to do it on other posts. Now who's being the Hippocratic?
Old 09-16-12, 05:04 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
Not trying to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else here. This is suppose to be an enthusiast site but a lot of the post aren't enthusiastic at all. If you don't like my post, ignore them just as you said. There's nothing enthusiastic about questioning odometer roll backs. What happened to the good post? I'm far from childish so keep your insults to your self. These along with many of the other topics really aren't enthusiast posts. And by the way, I have a modded out 2008 LS 460 so don't question me in that regards either.

I think I'm being very civil in comparison on what I could be saying.
Sir, this a forum. On the home page it says "Clublexus Forums".
Under the LS model link it says "Discussion topics related to the current flagship models"
Definition of a forum? From wikipedia: An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Where in any of that do you read that a person has to post with "enthusiasm" or has to be an "enthusiast"?

This forum is a great resource for current Lexus owners to share a wealth of information and ask questions concerning their vehicles. It is also a "forum" for potential future Lexus owners to post and ask questions concerning a model that they are particularly interested in. Which is exactly what the OP was doing.

You may want to tailor your expectations of what this forum is supposed to be, or go start your own "enthusiast" forum and you can be as "enthusiastic" as you'd like to be.

And i don't have time to beef with a herb over the internet, but i'm just saying. I've also read your previous posts and it seems like you post just to get a "rise" out of folks. But hey, i could be wrong.
Old 09-16-12, 06:00 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Old 09-16-12, 06:37 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Yes we should and I apologize if i came off a little bit harsh. But that OSU guy has been unnecessarily attacking and belittling innocent posters with honest questions recently. What he's doing is uncalled for.
Old 09-16-12, 06:37 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah before we find someone dead in the pool.
Old 09-16-12, 06:39 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Oh damn..not the pool #StillToEarly
Old 09-16-12, 06:41 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by milellie11
Sir, this a forum. On the home page it says "Clublexus Forums".
Under the LS model link it says "Discussion topics related to the current flagship models"
Definition of a forum? From wikipedia: An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Where in any of that do you read that a person has to post with "enthusiasm" or has to be an "enthusiast"?

This forum is a great resource for current Lexus owners to share a wealth of information and ask questions concerning their vehicles. It is also a "forum" for potential future Lexus owners to post and ask questions concerning a model that they are particularly interested in. Which is exactly what the OP was doing.

You may want to tailor your expectations of what this forum is supposed to be, or go start your own "enthusiast" forum and you can be as "enthusiastic" as you'd like to be.

And i don't have time to beef with a herb over the internet, but i'm just saying. I've also read your previous posts and it seems like you post just to get a "rise" out of folks. But hey, i could be wrong.
Okay, you got the first insult but now you use herb. Hmm, thanks for your definition but it's not needed. Now, I'm allowed to voice my option and that is what I did. I suggest you keep your lame comments to yourself. As for herb, we can take this off line since you live in Maryland and we can talk about it further, "Internet Gangsta"!

Now, moving on. My opinion still stands. Most of the post have been repeated or are pointless in nature. By no means am I trying to moderate this forum as it has been helpful to me as well, but if people can comment on what they don't like, then I can do the same. So what part of Maryland are you in?
Old 09-16-12, 06:42 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Cjitty, we good. No worries here. Ain't nobody got time for that, Lol!
Old 09-16-12, 06:43 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by milellie11
Yes we should and I apologize if i came off a little bit harsh. But that OSU guy has been unnecessarily attacking and belittling innocent posters with honest questions recently. What he's doing is uncalled for.
I'm not attacking anybody, guy. I'm stating my opinion. Watch your mouth.
Old 09-16-12, 06:44 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

My badd
Old 09-16-12, 06:46 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
I'm not attacking anybody, guy. I'm stating my opinion. Watch your mouth.
Y'all need to hug it out.
Old 09-16-12, 06:48 PM
OSU
Pole Position

We should move this thread along. My buddy (Milellie11) and I can talk about this later since we both live in Maryland, Next!
Old 09-16-12, 06:49 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Y'all need to hug it out.
Lol, everything's good. Internet gangsterism is the latest craze.
Old 09-16-12, 07:11 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OSU
Okay, you got the first insult but now you use herb. Hmm, thanks for your definition but it's not needed. Now, I'm allowed to voice my option and that is what I did. I suggest you keep your lame comments to yourself. As for herb, we can take this off line since you live in Maryland and we can talk about it further, "Internet Gangsta"!

Now, moving on. My opinion still stands. Most of the post have been repeated or are pointless in nature. By no means am I trying to moderate this forum as it has been helpful to me as well, but if people can comment on what they don't like, then I can do the same. So what part of Maryland are you in?
Sorry to disappoint, but i'm not a "gangsta". I don't fight. Rather, i'm a business man in a suit and tie who use to own a GS430 but now drives an Audi A8.
And with a full time job, family and other responsibilities, i doubt if i'd have the time to meet up with some random guy from the internet in Maryland who supposedly drives a $70,000 LS460, but wants to "take it to the streets" by meeting up in person over a meaningless internet forum disagreement.

Stay Classy
Old 09-16-12, 07:14 PM
OSU
Pole Position

True, true, I too am just like you buddy and there's no supposed about it so let's agree to disagree and move on from this.

Quick Reply: Buying used ls460... How do I know ODO not tampered with