LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

5X114 to 5x120 Adapter for Wheels. Is anyone using them? Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-12, 04:14 PM
Pushkar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5X114 to 5x120 Adapter for Wheels. Is anyone using them? Where to buy?

Fellas,

I'm located in Miami, Florida and see many wheels available for purchase on Craigslist. I have undeniably fallen in love with the wheel below, and for the price it is selling (see below). I have not had an opportunity to view the rims. However, for the price asked $2500, i find it hard to pass up. THAT BEING SAID ... it is off a Maserati and would require some adapters. Has anyone used them in the past? and currently using them? Is there a recommendation on same? In addition, comments/concerns?

Old 10-04-12, 05:45 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

The adapters usually lower the offset, so you need to make sure it will clear your outer fenders. If you get some high quality adapters and torque properly with frequent inspection, you may be ok
Old 10-04-12, 07:21 PM
Pushkar
Rookie

UPDATE

I followed up with the seller. He checked and re-checked to see if he could find the offset. The only way i will know is if i try em on. Anyone know where to get some hi-quality adapters?

Yes, I have done google searches.

Thanks,
Old 10-05-12, 07:21 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

the offset information is not stamped on the back of the spokes? should say et## or +## something to that effect. Sometimes high end wheel companies are too cool to stamp offsets smh
Old 10-05-12, 07:31 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pushkar
UPDATE

Yes, I have done google searches.

Thanks,
Found this by searching google for about 15 seconds...

http://prowheeladapters.com/wheel-ad...-adapters.html
Old 10-05-12, 09:35 AM
Pushkar
Rookie

I thought this over last night. Im still stuck on if this is a good idea. Say i order the adapters ... then I still have to try the fitment on the car w/ offsets, etc. #whattodowhattodo

Yea, apparently they were too cool to put stamp it on the back of the wheel!
Old 10-05-12, 10:35 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

I thought this over last night. Im still stuck on if this is a good idea. Say i order the adapters ... then I still have to try the fitment on the car w/ offsets, etc. #whattodowhattodo

Yea, apparently they were too cool to put stamp it on the back of the wheel!
There is a method to determine offset, but its a little involved. I've done it before and got a very accurate measurement. Or, maybe test fit one on the front and back. If it sticks out way past the fenders just looking down, could be a problem. Then, make sure you get a ruler or something to test the gap between the inner wheel lip and the upper control arm...then turn wheel side to side to make sure it clears up front...on the rear, same deal except turning. You have much more room in the back.

This explains how to measure both backspace and how to calculate your offset, I read an article a long time ago saying the same thing and its pretty accurate...but again, test fit is usually your best bet
Old 10-05-12, 12:01 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if they dont fit you are have get new lips if your lucky there 2 piece instead of 3 and you can get new barrels the plus side to 2 piece is there is no seals to worry about when you change lips. been there done that what a headache. you can get custom ones just do a google search they should pop up, there in vegas but they are great and there price are not bad. you can get some that will be hubcentric to the 460 as well as the wheels which is what u want so there arent any vibrations. im just worried about the adapters pushing the wheels out too far since the smallest you can probably go is about 20mm which is almost an inch. 25.4mm= 1". let us know i know some spots for new lips. 40 holes.
Old 10-05-12, 01:22 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You're looking at 1" adapters. Depending on the car and the offset of those wheels im not sure if it'll work. if for example you went from a wheel off of a ls460 and wanted them on a 7 series then a 1 inch spacer will probably work. But we all don't know how aggressive those wheels are.
Old 10-05-12, 02:15 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

only two solutions i could think of were:

(i) measure the width of the wheel, the subsequently measure its offset; or
(ii) ask the owner which maserati these wheels came off of (unless you know it already) and see if that fitment is even plausible for our cars.
Old 10-05-12, 08:30 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

On another note aren't these the same wheels someone else on here wanted for their ls460?
Old 10-06-12, 09:37 AM
Pushkar
Rookie

Originally Posted by lbintab
On another note aren't these the same wheels someone else on here wanted for their ls460?
That was me!!! Either way, after taking the advise of many (including club lexus) I will not buy the wheels. Its simpler and less headache to buy something that just fits.

Rather than get an adapter and hope the offset is right. Ill just wait for a better deal to come around.
Old 10-06-12, 01:20 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was me!!! Either way, after taking the advise of many (including club lexus) I will not buy the wheels. Its simpler and less headache to buy something that just fits.

Rather than get an adapter and hope the offset is right. Ill just wait for a better deal to come around.
I feel you man, good choice! there is just too much headaches involved with offsets if they are not right.
Old 10-06-12, 02:10 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Good choice by not buying the wheels, because it might be a pain to get those to fit and you don't want to be stuck with a set of wheels that you can't use.