LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Are you disappointed with your LS460?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 03:51 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
So what does the BMW do in a situation like this?
The same thing! Who parks their car in neutral?
Old 11-24-12, 04:11 PM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyV
The same thing! Who parks their car in neutral?
Well, I did that last week. Thank goodness I got one of those anoying beeps and I have learned not to ignore them. All those beeps mean something and you should never ignore them.
Old 11-24-12, 08:21 PM
Smoothe1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have to agree with mauricer 100%. I have previously owned a 745 and it was a lot better than MY LS. I tried the jmcraney fix and it helped a lot, but not completely. I have also noticed, that when I have the passenger side window down and I pull up on the window switch for it to close automatically, the window will start to rise and then it will stop and roll itself back down. I am also concerned about my cold start idle rpm. If I start my car in the morning, after it's been sitting overnight. The rpm starts at about 1,500 and then drops to 1,000. I have sat and waited for about 10 minutes, to see if the rpm will drop below 1,000 and it doesnt.

I have taken my LS to a Lexus dealer and a Toyota dealer and the techs have both said "your car just idles high". Well, I dont agree. I am also tired of having to "feather" my brakes. I have actually had my fiance' ask me "why are you pressing the brakes so hard". MY LS, also drives a bit rough, but I may just be spoiled by my Deville. Oh, I almost forgot. My non ML cd changer just died. I'll end this by stating... THIS IS NOT AN LS 460 BASH BY NO MEANS. I have spent hours on this site, reading other members experiences and clearly their are great LS' s out there. My only advice to any prospective buyers, is to take your time test driving the LS and look for all of the known problems.

I want to thank jmcraney again, for the "window fix" and all of his dedication to helping the CL community.
Old 11-24-12, 10:37 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mauricer
I went from a 2004 BMW 745 to a 2009 LS460, and I am very disappointed. The ride, noise, responsiveness, and roominess in the car are not as good as the 2004 bimmer. Also, I found numerous little things that are annoying and inadequate such as:
  • Steering wheel heater warms about 40% on the wheel only, forcing the driver to keep hands in one place . ----
  • There is no light under the hood. No need to look under the hood like a BMW
  • The Nav is inaccessible while driving (major disappointment). There's a bypass for that
  • No pockets or trays in the car for storage. No place to put keys, unless you use the cup holder. Get pants with pockets, or use the arm rest
  • Many buttons are not visible as they are hidden behind steering wheel, such as park control and steering heat. I can easily use them without seeing them
  • engine knocks at idle. It's not a knock, it's the injectors from direct injection
  • not compatible with iPhone. I couldn't download my phone book. My 2004 BMW was compatible with the iPhone. Get a newer one
  • fuse boxes ridiculously inaccessible. You need to be a contortionist to test them or replace fuses - not kidding! Why would you need to replace a fuse?
  • Cornering and handling is generally poor. It's a luxury car, not a Porsche
  • The car beeps a lot to a point that the beeps get ignored, reducing the effectiveness of the warnings. Sometimes I don't know why the car is beeping. Mine only beeps when I walk away from it when it's running and my key is in my pocket
  • if by mistake you shut the car in neutral and leave it, it rolls if on an incline!! One would expect this from a cheap car, but not a 70K luxury vehicle. Shut it off in neutral?
  • I can go and on... Please do, this is fun

Any one of these annoyances alone is not a big deal. But all together, they make me hate the car.

Sounds like you need a 2005 Cadillac Deville!
Old 11-25-12, 12:28 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
Sounds like you need a 2005 Cadillac Deville!
thanx prsuit i was gonna go in but its not worth it, you can get 745 all day for under 20g's you might be able to find a 430 for that... as well as after 100k you might as well give that bimmer back. on to the next.