LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ivic-5d on ls460l 2009 without self parking

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-12, 07:44 PM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ivic-5d on ls460l 2009 without self parking

I am thinking of adding the ivic-5d to my ls and I found out that since my car don't have the self parking I will lose the backup camera (which I don't want to loose) and want to see if anyone did that already and know how to make it work any way.
Please help.....
Old 12-28-12, 12:33 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

i just bought an LS460 today and i am buying the ivic unit asap! i know how to get around that! dont panic when i do mine ill take pics and hook you up!, the ivic has an av input, all that needs to be done is tap into the factory camera and wire a male rca connector onto the oem wiring for the oem camera and add a relay to the reverse wire and when the var goes into revrse you will have to manually switch to camera input, thats all! once i do mine ill also figure out how to wire it to self switch to camera mode, dont panic.
Old 12-31-12, 06:26 AM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by linus73
i just bought an LS460 today and i am buying the ivic unit asap! i know how to get around that! dont panic when i do mine ill take pics and hook you up!, the ivic has an av input, all that needs to be done is tap into the factory camera and wire a male rca connector onto the oem wiring for the oem camera and add a relay to the reverse wire and when the var goes into revrse you will have to manually switch to camera input, thats all! once i do mine ill also figure out how to wire it to self switch to camera mode, dont panic.
ok grate i can't wait.
do you already know how to tup in the oem wires for the camera or you will figer it out when you will do it. this is the only thing that stopin me from doing it, i already know about the av1 and av2 but i don't know how to tup in to the factory wires for the camera to power the camera and convert the oem wires to rca so i can install it to the ivic-5.

for a minet i was thinking to change the camera to an after market.

thanks. i can't wait till you post it .
Old 01-01-13, 08:07 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ls460shy
ok grate i can't wait.
do you already know how to tup in the oem wires for the camera or you will figer it out when you will do it. this is the only thing that stopin me from doing it, i already know about the av1 and av2 but i don't know how to tup in to the factory wires for the camera to power the camera and convert the oem wires to rca so i can install it to the ivic-5.

for a minet i was thinking to change the camera to an after market.

thanks. i can't wait till you post it .
it will be a breeze to just wire in the oem cam to the ivic 5, i just need to find the back up camera wires on the plug behind the radio, then tap onto them with an rca cable, then add a switch to turn on the ivic 5 camera mode. i really dont even care about the camera feature at all, but i did it on my last install of the IS 250 which had oem nav and oem back up cam, i found the wires and did it with thr=e flyaudio unit i installed, so this wont be to hard at all, i am waiting on my unit now, because they had to build it specifically
Old 01-07-13, 06:47 AM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

it will be a breeze to just wire in the oem cam to the ivic 5, i just need to find the back up camera wires on the plug behind the radio, then tap onto them with an rca cable, then add a switch to turn on the ivic 5 camera mode. i really dont even care about the camera feature at all, but i did it on my last install of the IS 250 which had oem nav and oem back up cam, i found the wires and did it with thr=e flyaudio unit i installed, so this wont be to hard at all, i am waiting on my unit now, because they had to build it specifically
ok grat let me know when you get it.

thanks
Old 03-11-13, 09:12 PM
lexusTex
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 LS 460 w/o self park, with VAIStech IVIC, needing instructions

Hello Linus73, I too have LS 460 (2007) w/o self park. Did you get it to work with ivic-5d-a? How about the OEM backup camera wiring instructions. Sorry to bother you.

Do you also mean everything you put on reverse you have to manual press something for the backup camera to come on?

I actually want to match it with iPhone 5, with lightning-to-HDMI adapter from Apple. I haven't seen any update from VAIStech for iPhone 5 support.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-13, 11:21 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusTex

I actually want to match it with iPhone 5, with lightning-to-HDMI adapter from Apple. I haven't seen any update from VAIStech for iPhone 5 support.

Many thanks in advance.
It has been done by member Whitetooth, he posted instructions in the Audio forum
Old 03-12-13, 11:25 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
It has been done by member Whitetooth, he posted instructions in the Audio forum
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...d-screens.html
Old 03-17-13, 02:55 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT FIX... and the price is super cheap right now $449.00... anyone know if i can keep my ML+(for ipod only) or can i have my ipod hooked up while my GS3 is plugged in...
Old 03-17-13, 04:37 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT FIX... and the price is super cheap right now $449.00... anyone know if i can keep my ML+(for ipod only) or can i have my ipod hooked up while my GS3 is plugged in...
I didn't try but it should work. However, it is about iVIC-5D and not ML+
Audio connection of iPod via USB plug, connection of GS3 via HDMI (mirror+audio) and Bluetooth (touch steering).
Old 03-18-13, 02:42 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
I didn't try but it should work. However, it is about iVIC-5D and not ML+
Audio connection of iPod via USB plug, connection of GS3 via HDMI (mirror+audio) and Bluetooth (touch steering).
understood..i guess i should clarify when you get a chance can you chk to see if an ipod AND an android phone can be connected at the same time an function as separate sources ie: can you use the GS3's navigation while listening to ipod audio thru the IVIC 5D??? or can i keep my ML+ to have the ipod as a separate source while the GS3's nav shows on the oem screen..

basically am i keeping the ML+ or is it fleabay bound (because the ML+ could actually fund the IVIC 5D or at least some of it)