LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008 ls 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 03:26 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008 ls 460

i installed my vais ivic d5 in my 2008 ls 460, i am having the issue of the unit switching on and off. my phone keeps saying hdmi connected and disconnected and the ivic unit keeps making switching sounds as if it is turning off and on, which is is because i her and see the led indicators.

anyone else experience these issues. when i first hooked it up it was not like that. i figure it is a bad hdmi cable, phone port, or the mhl adapter. vais says they do not know what the issue is as of now. so i will have to experiment till i find the problem. any help?
Old 01-15-13, 07:49 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I would get a hold of their customer service and ask them. I hear they are good with troubleshooting. When you resolve your issue it would be nice if you did a detailed write up on the install and functionality
Old 01-16-13, 11:15 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lbintab
I would get a hold of their customer service and ask them. I hear they are good with troubleshooting. When you resolve your issue it would be nice if you did a detailed write up on the install and functionality
i alrady talked to someone at vais, they said the are not sure why the problemis happening an that others are eperiening same thing. no way to resolve the issue at this time. so i hae it in and it is connected corectly, know this because it was not shuting of when i first hooked it uptheprobem happened after a fewhours of using it and trying to se the device up.
Old 01-16-13, 01:39 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Well..guess one less thing I need to buy for now..I hope they figure this out..I need this in my life
Old 01-16-13, 03:42 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks! Hope they resolve the issue soon. It's a super cool mod for android users!
Old 01-17-13, 11:38 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

yeh i have a very expensive unit i cant use! for now anyway....ill be patient cause im sure they will figure it out.
Old 01-17-13, 09:10 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

it seems that the ivic d5 unit keeps switching to cd changer mode by itself, and this makes the ivic unit completely unstable......for me at least. im trying to contact vais and get this sorted out. once it is completely stable it will be so enjoyable to use and have in the car.
Old 01-18-13, 03:49 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

ok everyone, i finlly have te ivic d5 unit working properly. thanks to ben and eugene at vais. after a few hours of troubleshooting and updating and oing through the settings, i now have a fully functional unit. this unit is amazing and the possibilities of using all of my pps in my phone is stunning i must say. i will do a full in depth review and pst to youtube and create a post here on the LS460 forum for all who wish to know what it exactly does and how it operates.thanks for the help from everyone, espically BEN @ VAIS
Old 01-19-13, 11:10 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by linus73
ok everyone, i finlly have te ivic d5 unit working properly. thanks to ben and eugene at vais. after a few hours of troubleshooting and updating and oing through the settings, i now have a fully functional unit. this unit is amazing and the possibilities of using all of my pps in my phone is stunning i must say. i will do a full in depth review and pst to youtube and create a post here on the LS460 forum for all who wish to know what it exactly does and how it operates.thanks for the help from everyone, espically BEN @ VAIS
I installed the iVIC 5D as well. The good news is that it is also working in a 2008 LS600 and Android phones with higher video resolution such as 1080i on European Samsung Galaxy III.

Can you please post what settings it is about?

Vaistech iVIC is worth every cent. It is fun to open your newest apps just by pushing on the Lexus nav screen. With the right reader apps you can listen to incoming transmissions and switch it off when getting orders from your wife

I recommend a rotation locker or set the build-in auto rotate accordingly:

Last edited by whitetooth; 01-19-13 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-19-13, 07:21 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

^ nice! i loaded a video in my phone today and played it while driving. the picture was nice and the sound is pretty close to the actual recording. i am definitely satified 100% and will recomend this unit to anyone who has not bought and installed it yet. at first it is a bit tricky to do the settings, at least for me it was. but after the initial set up it is worth the $$ and time. you will enjoy the ivic-d5 unit. if you get an ivic d5 unit you wont even have to do a dvd overide because you can load the videos in the phone and display through the ivic unit. i went ahead anyway and ordered a prestigious society dvd/nav bypass, so i can get full use out of everything my car has to offer.
Old 01-19-13, 08:26 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ooooooooooooh i guess this on the list.
Old 01-20-13, 12:01 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

^ nice! i loaded a video in my phone today and played it while driving. the picture was nice and the sound is pretty close to the actual recording. i am definitely satified 100% and will recomend this unit to anyone who has not bought and installed it yet. at first it is a bit tricky to do the settings, at least for me it was. but after the initial set up it is worth the $$ and time. you will enjoy the ivic-d5 unit. if you get an ivic d5 unit you wont even have to do a dvd overide because you can load the videos in the phone and display through the ivic unit. i went ahead anyway and ordered a prestigious society dvd/nav bypass, so i can get full use out of everything my car has to offer.
Well, settings are described in the manual in detail. Choose the right smartphone, establish a bluetooth connection and adjust the screen is all I had to do. Mostly the default settings are working. Key is rebooting the phone.

I'm happy with the Vaistech products since I installed the audio only player which is recognized as a native 2nd DVD changer. The cristal clear sound is simply amazing! It plays high resolution audio files and all LS owners as of 2004 LS430 can enjoy the sound. Last but not least you can bypass the "I agree" button. I would buy a Vaistech MML if it only would have this function and this means listen to the music from any digital mass storage is for free. The video adapter includes this audio player and you can either listen to the music from USB stick or from your phone. Last but not least I connected a TV tuner to the iVIC and can watch TV while driving.

Believe it or not, the Vaistech adapter iVIC-5D (or 6D for sixth navigation generation 2010-2012) is a must have for all Lexus LS owners with an Android based phone. The name says it all: In Vehicle Infotainment Center (iVIC).
Old 01-20-13, 04:53 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Well, settings are described in the manual in detail. Choose the right smartphone, establish a bluetooth connection and adjust the screen is all I had to do. Mostly the default settings are working. Key is rebooting the phone.

I'm happy with the Vaistech products since I installed the audio only player which is recognized as a native 2nd DVD changer. The cristal clear sound is simply amazing! It plays high resolution audio files and all LS owners as of 2004 LS430 can enjoy the sound. Last but not least you can bypass the "I agree" button. I would buy a Vaistech MML if it only would have this function and this means listen to the music from any digital mass storage is for free. The video adapter includes this audio player and you can either listen to the music from USB stick or from your phone. Last but not least I connected a TV tuner to the iVIC and can watch TV while driving.

Believe it or not, the Vaistech adapter iVIC-5D (or 6D for sixth navigation generation 2010-2012) is a must have for all Lexus LS owners with an Android based phone. The name says it all: In Vehicle Infotainment Center (iVIC).
well said! ill have to get ahold of vais and order a connector so i can connect a digital tv tuner as well. is the reception good while driving? it has been a while since i last installed a tv tuner in a car, not many of the customers who come through my shop request it. but im gonna do it just because it can be done, and the fact that it will go nicely with the iviv unit and be an awsome thing to demo to all of the customers of mine. thanks for the input.
Old 01-21-13, 12:02 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

is the reception good while driving?
...be an awsome thing to demo to all of the customers of mine. thanks for the input.
Reception depends on how many TV antenna you installed in the car, whether the position/orientation is perfect and last but not least the transmitter power plays a role. The faster you drive the more problems you get. Installing hidden antennae is not very easy and you need at least two of them, one front, one rear, four would be better.

My TV installation is for demo as well because:

Old 01-26-13, 01:40 PM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

is your ls460 have the self parking option?
if not did you lose the rear view camera?

i have a 2009 ls460l with out self parking and i want to install the ivic d5 badly but in vais the told me that i will lose my rear view camera since my lexus is not self parking.

help me...

Quick Reply: ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008 ls 460