LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 04:08 PM
07LeLs460L
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Jason,
Maybe we can have a small meet somewhere near Atlanta. It's about a 3.5hr drive for me.
Old 02-22-17, 04:37 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Thank You! I've never heard of Aerolon TechShine, but will tell you that I'm going to give it a try. It appears to be pretty easy to use too.

That's one of the best combinations that you can have in that it's easy to apply and it works..not too mention that it;s priced well too.

Thanks again!
Yeah as a professional detailer I was very skeptical of the claims but believe it or not it works pretty well. I'd never abandon the traditional layers of sealant and wax but to button up a detail I always use it as it will coat and seal all the glass and weather stripping. Basically catches everything as well as add to the final shine of the topcoat. Works like a charm.
Old 02-22-17, 06:27 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Aha, Jason, I see your grand plans for the car, I guess you want to get maximum value for the 2010 LS. If you really want to preserve the car in pristine condition, since everything (work, school) is so close to home, why not just drive golf carts everywhere??
Because my son uses it daily to drive to school. He'd rather not take the Camry i bought him, because the girls like to play bumper cars in the parking lot. And because if i took it to work, there's no direct path on the golf cart and it may take like 45 minutes (not sure).

Leon - I'll check with the locals. But for the next couple few weekeneds, I'm blown away. BMX, dog n pony show for my sister, go get and trailer home (my free) car #6, I've organized an ATV-ETB (ATV Engineering Team Building) event with my coworkers for the last Saturday in March, etc. But I'll send out either a text or email and get something together. Maybe another roll up to Caffeine & Octane.
Old 02-24-17, 01:49 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

NJ is hitting with record high temp today . Decided to take my car to work and took some pictures;

Name:  0224171241_HDR_zpsyzzv4jfv.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  316.1 KB

Name:  0224171242_HDR_zpstrj7mqy7.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  390.2 KB

Name:  0224171246_HDR_zpso1ro4dmo.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  412.6 KB

Name:  0224171245_HDR_zps15sowcey.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  409.3 KB

Name:  0224171242a_HDR_zpsli9lodnk.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  410.9 KB

Last edited by satiger; 02-24-17 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 02:38 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by satiger
NJ is hitting with record high temp today . Decided to take my car to work and took some pictures;

Great looking car! I see someone is going around and locating LS' then paining murals on the hoods! Apparently, you and Dr. Jekyll are the most recent victims!
Old 02-24-17, 02:41 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice pictures and a nice automobile to drive anywhere.
Old 02-25-17, 12:37 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Great looking car! I see someone is going around and locating LS' then paining murals on the hoods! Apparently, you and Dr. Jekyll are the most recent victims!
I noticed the same thing CRowe! The culprit seems to like trees too!
Old 02-25-17, 03:23 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by satiger

Absolutely gorgeous car, satiger!! I love those split-spoke wheels. IMO, they will look even better chromed to match the door and window trim. That's on my list for the next year!
Old 02-25-17, 04:54 PM
zracer31
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Decided to finally post a pic of the big 'ol girl born in 2008 Not a popular color (Golden Almond Metallic), but one which I have really gotten to like - not too light, not too dark, most would call it "an old persons" color for a car. Gets lots of positive comments on the color actually. Interior is cashmere (i think thats what its called). Has the semi aniline leather upgrade, ML sound, heated and cooled rear, reclining rear seats, fancier headliner material, leather door panels. One owner car, they were 82 years old when they traded it on a RX350. Yep, originally driven by a little old lady and old man!
Old 02-25-17, 05:05 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by zracer31
Decided to finally post a pic of the big 'ol girl born in 2008 Not a popular color (Golden Almond Metallic), but one which I have really gotten to like - not too light, not too dark, most would call it "an old persons" color for a car. Gets lots of positive comments on the color actually. Interior is cashmere (i think thats what its called). Has the semi aniline leather upgrade, ML sound, heated and cooled rear, reclining rear seats, fancier headliner material, leather door panels. One owner car, they were 82 years old when they traded it on a RX350. Yep, originally driven by a little old lady and old man!
Beautiful car, zracer. How many miles on it when you bought it (last year)? You definitely found a rare keeper car. Did you have an inside track on the car? Looks like it is fully loaded. AWD? I love the chrome wheels. Please post some pics of the interior also!
Old 02-25-17, 05:52 PM
zracer31
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for compliments comotiger. Bought it March 2016 and it had 77K miles on it and not AWD, glad as I didnt want AWD - got 4wd Z71 Chevy for bad weather. Funny you ask if I had an inside connection - as the old saying goes "better to be lucky than good" applies here. Looked for about 8 months at every website on the old interweb and was getting a bit disappointed because everything decent was like 1000 miles away. Decided to look at Lexus of Peoria website on a Monday and said "new listing", no pictures posted yet. Called them, asked salesperson to walk around car while on phone and drilled him for every detail and question I could come up with. Told him I was unable to get there (4 hours away) until Saturday and asked him if he would hold it. To my surprise he said yes........but he called me everyday that week asking if I was still coming as there were 5 other people that had put down money to be next in line if the guy ahead of them backed out (thats his story anyway). So, the car was everything it was hyped up to be and I paid cash and drove it home. I believe I paid close to top dollar - $23K, BUT it is a true cream puff with all service records up-to-date and I knew this was the one I had been searching for! I can post up some interior pics, but honestly, It looks BRAND SPANKING new inside.

Crazy to thing the original owners paid almost $2,500 upgrade for those Telious wheels - but hey, I like them too!
Old 02-25-17, 06:25 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Zracer31 - nice ride and great deal (always nice to get that one owner especially one that is a 2008, I'll bet it is pristine on the inside). Enjoy!
Old 02-25-17, 06:27 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Lol! Yeah that Hawaii sunshine on Dr Jekyll brings out that deep black! Beautiful car. Don't you just love the LS. My wife just took mine out for the first time today and loved our new LS.
Old 02-25-17, 08:36 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Natelw
Lol! Yeah that Hawaii sunshine on Dr Jekyll brings out that deep black! Beautiful car. Don't you just love the LS. My wife just took mine out for the first time today and loved our new LS.
Indeed that HI Sun is something else! And a huge congrats to you and your wife regarding your new purchase, that's awesome!!!
You won't hear me disagreeing with you regarding admiration for the LS, as I think the vehicle is bar-none a remarkable car!
​​​​​​​You and the wife enjoy the LS and congrats once again!
The following users liked this post:
Natelw (02-25-17)
Old 02-26-17, 05:28 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Absolutely gorgeous car, satiger!! I love those split-spoke wheels. IMO, they will look even better chromed to match the door and window trim. That's on my list for the next year!
Thanks AC. Mine came with 5 spoke wheel but I replaced that with split seven spoke wheel mainly for bit of sportier look and more importantly it was constructed as noise cancelling wheel. First introduced in 600s and then became an option for 2013+ models. You may find more about these noise cancelling wheels at
http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf and http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...ry+quality.htm.

"NOISE-REDUCTION WHEELS The LS is the first Lexus to feature noise-reduction wheels, which force resonant noise into an opening where the sympathetic vibrations cancel each other out and significantly reduce road noise. This means that instead of being distracted by unwanted sounds, you get to hear the things you actually want to hear, like the precisely tuned engine note or the pristine clarity of the audio system. "

I too prefer bit of chrome touch to match door and trim. However would prefer tone between hyper silver (this wheel color) and chrome. When doing chrome plating on wheels, can the color tone be controlled?.

Quick Reply: Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!