LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My progress...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 10:34 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
Not bouncy at all?
Haha, it's pretty bouncy after the halfway mark and up, but not as bad as I expected. Still don't have that much seat time and playing around with it to give credible feedback honestly. I'll definitely give some more feedback when I have more experience with it though.
Old 03-03-13, 11:51 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were you thinking about putting bags on or maybe a phantom cup? Looks good adam
Old 03-04-13, 12:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

DONE.... RIGHT....!!!
Old 03-04-13, 05:18 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks awesome!!!!
Old 03-04-13, 07:30 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nicely done. Just try and not have the rear height lower or too lower than front bec when you have people in the back the car might look like the shocks are blown. This is def a hot LS.
Old 03-04-13, 08:39 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! What size and offset are the rears?
Old 03-04-13, 08:44 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Hubrings...it's looking really nice man! Time for some nice bright overcast day shots with some grease on tires!!
Old 03-04-13, 08:54 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Hubrings...it's looking really nice man! Time for some nice bright overcast day shots with some grease on tires!!
that's funny!!! Car looks good sitting on those wheels!!!
Old 03-04-13, 09:13 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Sam, too bad Adam lives in Jax..otherwise I would of sent him over to your spot for a really good detail with some extra grease on dem dare tires
Old 03-04-13, 09:59 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sam, too bad Adam lives in Jax..otherwise I would of sent him over to your spot for a really good detail with some extra grease on dem dare tires
that's what I'm talking about!!!!
Old 03-04-13, 10:50 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
Thanks fellas^^*

I have the rears in the middle setting and the fronts 5 clicks down from the hardest setting for now. On the stock wheels with all coils set to the medium setting it rides nicely...just a little fim in the rear. Once I set the fronts to my desired hieght, I will start slowly lowering it a few clicks at a time until I'm happy with the feel. Iv'e rode with a friend with the same coils and spring rates turned to the softest setting and it rides quite nice, even lowered quite a bit.

Thanks Tammer. Tristan @ CircuitMS is a great guy to deal with and will definitly hook you up! I ordered the BC racing BR-series coilovers with the extreme drop kit, which basically has 2in shorter shock bodies all around, and 12/10kg spring rates. I believe I am the 1st person to order the exteeme drop kit for the ls460. Quality is great! Best thing is that there's no additional charge to order it like that! Ride on the softest setting,( which I havn't tried yet), is really nice.

Also, keep in mind that with this stiffer suspension, the braking is MUCH better, the handling in unvelievebly better, the acceleration and throttle response and shifting all seem much faster as well. I love it!! Such a huge difference! You will fall in love with your car again, and driving!

The benefiets explain themselves^^^

The rear extenders are awesome, too. My installer hid them in the car seat hook area, where the little plastic cover is, and is completely hidden and easily accesible for adjustment. I'll snap a pic of that if you'd like.

Thanks so much for the response. The car looks amazing. Are you running a 265 up front ?? What did you need to do to get it to clear?It look wide as hell. Could be the offset. Those wheels are badass . BTW I love you garage. I just painted mine that pale beach sand color, put in exspresso brown cabinets and had the floors epoxied to match the walls and cabinets. I love feeling like I am parking the car in the house as opposed to parking in the garage
Old 03-04-13, 12:56 PM
Milon
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Loving the look of this car!!!
Old 03-04-13, 01:10 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
Were you thinking about putting bags on or maybe a phantom cup? Looks good adam
Thank you sir^^ Maybe in a few months or so, I'll jump on something. Wish I had the budget to do it right now though
Originally Posted by rominl
DONE.... RIGHT....!!!
Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Looks awesome!!!!
Thank you gentlemen^^
Originally Posted by TriniGS
Nicely done. Just try and not have the rear height lower or too lower than front bec when you have people in the back the car might look like the shocks are blown. This is def a hot LS.
Thank you^^ It's just like that right now until I modify the front fenders to be able to match it up in the rear. Hopefully by the end of this week.

Thanks man, It's all coming together!! Lol, my friends felt bad after they helped me adjust the coilovers, (when I took all these pics), so before they left they all teamed up and wiped down my car xD I still need to poilish thish bishhh up though!!

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Thanks man! ^^

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Looks great! What size and offset are the rears?
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks so much for the response. The car looks amazing. Are you running a 265 up front ?? What did you need to do to get it to clear?It look wide as hell. Could be the offset. Those wheels are badass . BTW I love you garage. I just painted mine that pale beach sand color, put in exspresso brown cabinets and had the floors epoxied to match the walls and cabinets. I love feeling like I am parking the car in the house as opposed to parking in the garage
I posted up all my wheel specs when I was still on the springs in Cjitty's wheel & tire stikied thread here... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-thread-2.html

Since the offsets are more aggressive you can run a wider tire without risking contact with the upper control arm. I'm running 255's however and the fronts are 9.5 as opposed to 9 like my old wheels. Depending on what offsets your front vossens are, you can probably run a 265 if it's 32mm (don't take me up on that), but if you've seen Cjitty's build thread lately, he has added small spacers to make more room for a wider tire and get the wheel more flush with the fender. Thanks for the comments about the garage. It's truly a blessing to have all this space to work in! This is my dad's garage though, (my condo has a tiny 1 car), and when we were designing the house, me made sure we had , excellent lighting, excellent surround sound in the ceiling and a LOT of space to do whatever we desire in it.
Old 03-04-13, 01:17 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I said it on IG - but you are gangster for riding static that low. lol
Old 03-04-13, 01:30 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jayhoang
I said it on IG - but you are gangster for riding static that low. lol
Instagram is where it is at...tons of photos..we got a huge LS460/600 IG crew..awesome! Ol Hubrings needs to post some of those updated pics without the greasy iphone camera lens lmaoooo

Quick Reply: My progress...