LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My progress...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 01:55 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Milon
Loving the look of this car!!!
I love you for loving my car! <3

Originally Posted by jayhoang
I said it on IG - but you are gangster for riding static that low. lol
Man, I'm frightened of speed bumps now...already had a few encounters with some, and because this car is so long, it hits right in the middle of the car, haha! I need to try to re-do the cut-out pipes since they are hanging pretty down low and have been getting a beating lately

Also, funny story of when I had my G...I was trying to go over one of those mountain sized speed bumps and ended up getting the car stuck right in the middle of it with all 4 tires off the ground xD I went out and took a pic of it and then had to call AAA to come get me off of it!! Good times... I'm use to the low life!

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Instagram is where it is at...tons of photos..we got a huge LS460/600 IG crew..awesome! Ol Hubrings needs to post some of those updated pics without the greasy iphone camera lens lmaoooo
When you have fat fingers like me, it's hard to keep that thang clean LOL

My friend with the e36 m3 is a photographer so I'll get on his azz to get some quality shots soon!
Old 03-05-13, 08:28 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is looking great! What's next for it?
Old 03-05-13, 09:35 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
I love you for loving my car! <3

Man, I'm frightened of speed bumps now...already had a few encounters with some, and because this car is so long, it hits right in the middle of the car, haha! I need to try to re-do the cut-out pipes since they are hanging pretty down low and have been getting a beating lately

Also, funny story of when I had my G...I was trying to go over one of those mountain sized speed bumps and ended up getting the car stuck right in the middle of it with all 4 tires off the ground xD I went out and took a pic of it and then had to call AAA to come get me off of it!! Good times... I'm use to the low life!

When you have fat fingers like me, it's hard to keep that thang clean LOL

My friend with the e36 m3 is a photographer so I'll get on his azz to get some quality shots soon!
LOL same thing happened to me and my friend in his Benz in a McDonald parking lot in hollywood. Huge speed bump with three people in a slammed Benz. ( his car was dumped) The thing literally tetter tottered . He ended up making us get out and he floored it and got the car off the bump. Crazy !!
Old 03-05-13, 12:15 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Car is looking great! What's next for it?
Thanks! I want to do either UAS of platinum vip's cup kit in the future, but I don't have the budget to do that now though. I think the only thing I want to do to this car is overhaul the stereo system. Maybe a front lip too, and I'll call it a day for now. (good enough for being my daily) I want to start building another car that I have had in storage for a few months now, even though I still don't have the money to build that either, I still want to drive it xD
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL same thing happened to me and my friend in his Benz in a McDonald parking lot in hollywood. Huge speed bump with three people in a slammed Benz. ( his car was dumped) The thing literally tetter tottered . He ended up making us get out and he floored it and got the car off the bump. Crazy !!
Hahaha, If I had friends I would of rocked it back and forth to bet it off! I still have the cat back for that car in the garage and it always brings back sweet memories when I see it!
Old 03-05-13, 01:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks! I want to do either UAS of platinum vip's cup kit in the future, but I don't have the budget to do that now though. I think the only thing I want to do to this car is overhaul the stereo system. Maybe a front lip too, and I'll call it a day for now. (good enough for being my daily) I want to start building another car that I have had in storage for a few months now, even though I still don't have the money to build that either, I still want to drive it xD

Hahaha, If I had friends I would of rocked it back and forth to bet it off! I still have the cat back for that car in the garage and it always brings back sweet memories when I see it!
haha I still have carbon fiber engine cover from my G35 still hanging in the garage under the Super Street Reader's rides feature it got. I have the same thing with my feature for my GS. Gotta remember the old girls too.
Old 03-05-13, 03:26 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Let me know how it goes with the stereo. I don't have as much trunk space, but I'd like to see how hard it is/ good it sounds if upgraded.
Old 03-05-13, 04:44 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice setup
Old 03-05-13, 07:49 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Let me know how it goes with the stereo. I don't have as much trunk space, but I'd like to see how hard it is/ good it sounds if upgraded.
Wil do ^^ do you have the rear ac box in the back? I don't have any obstructions in the rear...the 600's how ever are super tight in the back!!
Originally Posted by AznRacer
Very nice setup
Thanks^^

So I got the front fenders rolled today, and I also cut out part of the plastic liner in the front to gain more clearence...but The car crapped out on me today... Electrnic brakes stopped working, abs, tcs, etc... Car is at the dealer now...

A shot with Stefan's Supra,( the guy that installed my coilovers, shaved/rolled my fenders, and he fixed some dents and did some paint touch ups as a common curtesy) , huge thanks to him for everything hes done)

Hopfully nothing major is wrong with the car...will report back tomorrow...
Old 03-05-13, 09:52 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

looking good adam hope all is well with the brake controller i just had mine replaced its crazy money !!
Old 03-05-13, 10:21 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
looking good adam hope all is well with the brake controller i just had mine replaced its crazy money !!
I'm hoping it's just the brake pad sensor, but damn you're scaring me with the possibility of it being the controller!
Old 03-06-13, 07:07 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I do have the rear a/c. Your car is still under warranty isn't it, shouldn't cost anything!

Car is looking great! Do you have pictures of the fender liner after cutting it down?
Old 03-06-13, 03:40 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I do have the rear a/c. Your car is still under warranty isn't it, shouldn't cost anything!

Car is looking great! Do you have pictures of the fender liner after cutting it down?
Nope, no warranty. I'm going to lower the front on Friday so when I have the wheels off I'll snap a few pics of the front modifications.

I got my car back today. Turned out that when I changed out the brake pads, something wasn't done correctly...I forgot the exact explanation they gave me...but they bleeded out the brakes and all is good again. Since my car is pretty modded, and now with coilover suspension, even if I had warranty they would still blame it on me for modifying. So I now need to either shell out $4400 bucks for the dealer, or find a different solution....any advice?
Old 03-06-13, 10:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

So sorry to gear about the brake controller drama buddy. Did it just come out of nowhere? Damn ! They can only deny you the warranty work if the modification caused the failure directly. I don't see how coil overs or aftermarket rotors would create an issue like that. I wonder of member Lexusondubs had a modified car as well. I've never heard of this issue before
Old 03-06-13, 10:17 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
So sorry to gear about the brake controller drama buddy. Did it just come out of nowhere? Damn ! They can only deny you the warranty work if the modification caused the failure directly. I don't see how coil overs or aftermarket rotors would create an issue like that. I wonder of member Lexusondubs had a modified car as well. I've never heard of this issue before
So do you think it's worth buying extended warranty? I'm not too knowledgeable about this, but I can still buy warranty even after the factory one is done correct?
Old 03-07-13, 06:41 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you can buy the warranty through Lexus if your factory warranty is already expired, you'll have to go through a 3rd party warranty. What I8ABMR said is true, they have to prove that your aftermarket part is a direct cause of what was broken, and having a good relationship with your local Lexus dealership wouldn't hurt. I think having extended warranty is worth it, because on a expensive car like this, the first time you are in to get it worked on, it kind of pay for itself already.

Quick Reply: My progress...