LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

R.I.P. to Sapphire (LS460)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-13, 08:29 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

glad you're safe.
Old 04-08-13, 09:10 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Glad to know the car did its job and you're safe. And glad she was caught and at east she had insurance. All taken care of.

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
damn sorry to see this ... my friend just totaled his gtr 2 days ago i hope this isnt a trend or curse
What did your buddy's GTR look like? My buddy totaled his Friday night as well. Triple black on forgiatos.
Old 04-08-13, 09:22 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see you got out okay! Damage doesn't look too terrible, are you sure it's totaled?
Old 04-08-13, 10:09 AM
LexFather

Friday, Chris called, I was "out"...he tells me the news and he's worried sick b/c no one could reach Tee. I called and got through and he sounded dazed but was in care so the info was relayed. My wife deals with this stuff by profession so she was in contact with him as well. To hear he went through the guardrail was scary but I've totaled a GS 400 myself and firmly believe in the safety of Lexus vehicles. Our mini group was happy to hear that Tee was relatively okay after the accident.

I felt it was my duty to let the LS community know that Tee came with TriniGS to a Lexus meet we planned just a few hours after his accident.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...-11-4pm-2.html

It didn't really hit me until Sunday as I was recapping to myself and I thought "holy crap, Tee came to the meet". To me this speaks volumes about his character and his enthusiasm for the Lexus community and for his friends. The guy could have easily been in bed sulking and missed the meet but he came and supported it. That is character and we need more mods like Tee. He came sore, drugged up bruised but his mood was awesome and as my wife stated "Tee it was great to see you". We ate some bar-b-que after and hung at our home and chatted it up.

Tee we are all happy you made it out okay and you will be back on your feet better than ever just like the last time. And yes don't ****ing drive on April 5th ever again
Old 04-08-13, 10:38 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He'll be alright. I'm sure he's on Auto-trader right now looking at his next LS with the extra button on the center console and rear armrest lol.
Old 04-08-13, 10:43 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Glad you are ok.
Pretty scary situation. Sorry to hear about the car, life certainly brings challenges.
Old 04-08-13, 10:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

my god i am so sorry to hear this, tee. but i am so glad that you are ok. definitely make sure you are ok and checked out if needed. you can always replace a car, not your body
Old 04-08-13, 01:59 PM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I'm just glad that you was able to walk away with only minor injuries and nothing to serious. I hate the fact that your car has been destroyed beyond repair by someone's stupidity on the road.However the BIG MAN up stairs was looking out for you, I wish u you best on your recovery and the best of luck on your search for another LS.
Old 04-08-13, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Damn !!! So sorry to hear that bro. Im glad you are ok and happy to see that the LS is a tank. She must have hit you pretty hard. I hope they give that stupid chick some time for her stupidity. Do you think you may get another LS460??
Old 04-08-13, 02:39 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Thank you all for the well wishes, I really appreciate it! To my ATL friends that really showed support some who are apart of CL BIG thanks as well!

Here is a little update now that I have the police report of the driver who left the scene…

-She did not own the vehicle
-There were three kids in the car ages 6, 10 and 11 who were related to the owner of the car.
-Her side curtain airbag did deploy as she raced down the hwy.
-I was wrong she was driving a black Toyota Camry not Impala.
-She was not impaired.
-She was charged with failure to maintain lane, reckless driving and hit & run.

How she was not charged with child endangerment I have no idea after reading the report. Funny thing the cop who wrote up the report states my car has moderated damage, good thing he not the adjuster huh?! As fornow still waiting for the adjuster should hear from him/her Tues or Wed hopefully. I’m just ready to get all this over with and move on, I hate the entire process but I know it is necessary.
Old 04-08-13, 05:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Wow...to have that happen to you twice on April 5th, not sure whether somebody is watching out for you or is out to get you!

Glad to hear you're okay. Like others have said, cars can be replaced.
Old 04-08-13, 10:25 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the nerve of that girl amazes me. Just sideswiped someone and put them through the maridian and into the ditch, and my airbag went off, but now on second thought i dont think i hit him. wow. Glad youre safe man.the LS is one hell of a car!
Old 04-08-13, 11:06 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A few years ago I witnessed a hit and run. 2 young guys hit a car driven by a mother who also had a small child in a child seat.

One of the young guys got out of the car and picked up the pieces that were torn off his car, such as headlight assy etc. I got out and checked on the mother and child who fortunately were fine.

Unbelievable, the 2 young guys got in their car and took off. I got in my car and followed them staying about 1000 feet behind them while on the phone with 911. They stopped once in an alley and waved for me to come up to them. Not a chance. This is Florida where anyone can legally carry a handgun in their car. Even though I'm always armed it's not my place to play cop.

They then took off again. 911 dispatcher patched me through at least 6 city police, County Sheriff dispatchers as we drive through different areas.

They then pulled onto the Florida Turnpike. Waiting in the median about 1 mile from the entrance was a trooper who pulled out and pulled them over. I stopped to give the trooper my info. They were arrested for felony hit and run.

I got a nice letter from the young Mom thanking me.

Next time I'll tell you about the time i was in the bank and a guy robbed the teller next to me. The Bank manager locked the door after the robber left and would not let me leave the bank to follow the robber. Before you ask, I don't carry when I go to the bank, I leave my gun in the car.

JR
Old 04-09-13, 02:22 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still remember you totaled the 430. sorry for the loss again.
Old 04-09-13, 06:34 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tee
Thank you all for the well wishes, I really appreciate it! To my ATL friends that really showed support some who are apart of CL BIG thanks as well!

Here is a little update now that I have the police report of the driver who left the scene…

-She did not own the vehicle
-There were three kids in the car ages 6, 10 and 11 who were related to the owner of the car.
-Her side curtain airbag did deploy as she raced down the hwy.
-I was wrong she was driving a black Toyota Camry not Impala.
-She was not impaired.
-She was charged with failure to maintain lane, reckless driving and hit & run.

How she was not charged with child endangerment I have no idea after reading the report. Funny thing the cop who wrote up the report states my car has moderated damage, good thing he not the adjuster huh?! As fornow still waiting for the adjuster should hear from him/her Tues or Wed hopefully. I’m just ready to get all this over with and move on, I hate the entire process but I know it is necessary.
I'm am ex Dallas Cop and they didn't put child endangerment on there because A. a judge will often throw out too many charges in a report/ticket if excessive B. harder to prove.

She will have plenty to contend with, not to mention the car not being hers or those being her kids. So she has you, the police, and the car owner to contend with. Believe me when I say she is in a world of hurt. Not to mention the insurance ramifications.

It's bad it happened as Lord knows how many bad drivers there are on the road. Some cops are better at damage assessment than others too. But their report will have little bearing on the cars official damage rating with insurance. Only how the accident happened and who was at fault.

You will have many civil options at your disposal legally now. So be sure you keep an eye out if you have any bodily injuries that don't heal up and take care. Maybe you can swing a '13 F Sport LS? Post pics when you do.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. to Sapphire (LS460)