LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How long did it take to install Air Runner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-13, 10:32 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lbintab
Yeah the cups aren't intended to be used while driving. Only to get over things and you'd only want to clear things if you're driving low which is what you dont want to do. Maybe you can have the shop work on your car multiple times and spread out your install. That'll give them a weekend at a time to work on it. I say go buy a beater civic for the month for the install then sell it after. You might actually make some money in the process. Or hell they're only asking $200 for expidited install. That's not bad
Yeah. Now would be the best time to get it done. My pops just went on vacation so I could probably borrow his car for a few days. Its just that I don't have $8000 laying around.

Last edited by Grouchy; 04-10-13 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-09-13, 10:38 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Samson (Rev-01) and Justin is right. It depends on your set up. Since you are gong with AR and Accuair, it does take longer. Mine was in the shop for almost 2 weeks. Replacing the strut is the easy part, my installer (Impact Performance in SF) removed the carpet to run all the air line, the switches are in the mid console. He made sure there are no leaks and he calibrate and test drove to make sure the setting are good. Shin is a stand up guy...meet him several time.

Cup kit or Air Runner? I paid more for the Air Runner OTG kit and have no regret...comfort is superb.
Old 04-10-13, 10:07 AM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nat
Samson (Rev-01) and Justin is right. It depends on your set up. Since you are gong with AR and Accuair, it does take longer. Mine was in the shop for almost 2 weeks. Replacing the strut is the easy part, my installer (Impact Performance in SF) removed the carpet to run all the air line, the switches are in the mid console. He made sure there are no leaks and he calibrate and test drove to make sure the setting are good. Shin is a stand up guy...meet him several time.

Cup kit or Air Runner? I paid more for the Air Runner OTG kit and have no regret...comfort is superb.
I would love to get the otg kit but 10k is a bit too much for me. Thinking about keeping it stock til I saved up some money for air runner. Wanted to put it on my cc but they tax me extra for that too. Think it might look weird though with rims and stock height.
Old 04-10-13, 10:23 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grouchy
I would love to get the otg kit but 10k is a bit too much for me. Thinking about keeping it stock til I saved up some money for air runner. Wanted to put it on my cc but they tax me extra for that too. Think it might look weird though with rims and stock height.
This is my plan as well. I'm going to keep the stock air with the controller for a while until I save up for the OTG kit. Also, I can tell you that my car looks dumb with wheels and stock (high height) height. Some (my wife) would consider it a donk.

Also, try to keep things away from credit cards! haha
Old 04-10-13, 10:42 AM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
This is my plan as well. I'm going to keep the stock air with the controller for a while until I save up for the OTG kit. Also, I can tell you that my car looks dumb with wheels and stock (high height) height. Some (my wife) would consider it a donk.

Also, try to keep things away from credit cards! haha
Yeah I figured it might look a little weird on stock height. I might just get coilvers for now and not drop it too much. Then sell them after I get bags. Sounds like my best option for now.

I agree credit cards are evil. I just paid off all my debt too. Not sure if I want to add it again.
Old 04-10-13, 06:34 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Haha I just went to Air runner in Anaheim to order the kit too. Drove with basic one and it can drive low and ride was very smooth so I chose basic kit. I can't really slam and drive anyways cuz I live in so.cal... (pot holes, etc...) Quoted me $6500 ish for basic + e-level, water trap kit, valve switches, upgraded tank, extra compressor, and dakota digital gauges. And $500 tax and $1500 installation fee because of dakota digital gauges so it was $8500! Ouch... He cut me a break on tax because I was paying cash so total was 8k even. I know it takes time but when I got there, they were working on few cars already and seems like they take their time to inspect everything. I know 2 weeks installation time is long but I think it's worth it. Dooo it!
Old 04-10-13, 07:47 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Haha I just went to Air runner in Anaheim to order the kit too. Drove with basic one and it can drive low and ride was very smooth so I chose basic kit. I can't really slam and drive anyways cuz I live in so.cal... (pot holes, etc...) Quoted me $6500 ish for basic + e-level, water trap kit, valve switches, upgraded tank, extra compressor, and dakota digital gauges. And $500 tax and $1500 installation fee because of dakota digital gauges so it was $8500! Ouch... He cut me a break on tax because I was paying cash so total was 8k even. I know it takes time but when I got there, they were working on few cars already and seems like they take their time to inspect everything. I know 2 weeks installation time is long but I think it's worth it. Dooo it!
Gave you a better deal. I got quoted 7800+ for the basic kit, e-level, tax, rush installation and 3% if I paid with a card. Decided I will just wait until I have enough money to throw down cash. I have some VIP Modular rims coming in so that already took a chunk out of my bank account. I'm picking up a set of Megan Street LP coilovers for 500 so I'm just going to get that installed until I can afford Air Runners.
Old 04-11-13, 09:04 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the E-Level really necessary? or is it just an added accessory? I have the OTG kit without E-Level and I'm fine with it. Looking at the gauge/PSI is good enough for me.
Old 04-11-13, 09:25 AM
richie3888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two weeks is fast. running lines correctly could take a day or two.
Old 04-11-13, 10:11 AM
AznRacer
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Air installation takes times if its done correctly. On my previous car it took me 2 days to stall the height sensors correctly, another 2 days to run air lines and electrial wires correctly and all hidden. Then a few more days to calibrate and to test for leaks and etc.
Old 04-11-13, 11:56 AM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nat
Is the E-Level really necessary? or is it just an added accessory? I have the OTG kit without E-Level and I'm fine with it. Looking at the gauge/PSI is good enough for me.
Prob necessary for lazy people, like me. From what my understanding of E-Level, is that it will keep your car leveled automatically at all times. I deliver a lot of merchandise in my car so I would imagine it would fluctuate my car a lot. I would be too lazy to keep checking the gauges to make sure my car is level. Also, what I like the best about is the presets. Where I work has smoother roads so I figure I can drive low but when I head back home I can raise it up to my preset "home" height.

I decided to just hold off on it for a year until I have some money saved up. So I don't get taxed extra for paying on my card. Probably just install some coilovers and barely drop it since I'm too afraid of the all driveways I go through.