LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vossen Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 05:18 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Silver, I didn't make that statement to say it was or wasn't your fault. It was made to say that some companies get out of warranty issues by implying that just about anything can be the owners fault.
Old 04-17-13, 07:23 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Bumpers are more forgiving by design and function.

If you did a 24" drop test with a lug nut on the top of bumper it would likely survive undamaged. if you did the same to your hood it would likely chip the paint and/or dent the hood.

Bumper covers are flexible and they are painted with flex additive. They are designed to withstand FOD.

Wheels, in normal usage, would not be subjected to direct impact by hard objects.

JR
Old 04-17-13, 07:49 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You can also witness for yourself the serendipity associated with random gravity events like yours by performing the following experiment:

1. take your shoe and sock off your left foot

2. hold the lug nut in your fingers approx. 12" above your left foot

3. close your eyes and move your hand 6" sideways and then back over your foot (no peeking!)

4. drop the lug nut and note the pain level experienced due to the impact

5. repeat at least 10 times

Did you notice how much MORE pain was felt when the lug nut hit the bones in your toes as compared to the more meaty, possibly hairy, parts of your foot? Can you draw any conclusions about the crappy design of human feet from this exercise? Does it tell you anything about cars? Women? Life?
Old 04-18-13, 03:42 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Had my Vossen CV1s for almost 2 years now. They have wear and tear. Maybe because they are traveling at high speeds and rocks hit them..seems like something I should fully expect and I do. I dropped my lug on the stainless lip and put a slight dimple in it..but I would never call Vossen for that..my fault and metal on metal isnt good in any situation that I am aware of. I had a couple center caps that became loose..I contacted one of the Vossen members and it was promptly replaced. I expect my wheels to not look perfect after a few miles. .they are at ground zero
Old 04-19-13, 04:11 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Had my Vossen CV1s for almost 2 years now. They have wear and tear. Maybe because they are traveling at high speeds and rocks hit them..seems like something I should fully expect and I do. I dropped my lug on the stainless lip and put a slight dimple in it..but I would never call Vossen for that..my fault and metal on metal isnt good in any situation that I am aware of. I had a couple center caps that became loose..I contacted one of the Vossen members and it was promptly replaced. I expect my wheels to not look perfect after a few miles. .they are at ground zero
Funny thing you mentioned the center cap. I lost a cap a couple of days ago but the part that goes in the rim was still in there. It almost looked like the center cap was held in place by 2 sided tape. I went ahead and ordered a new one direct from Vossen anyways. While at a car meet yesterday, I meet Diego@vossen and he says "I see youre missing a cap. I have a some in my car. I'll bring you a couple." Couldnt get any better than that. Then he put it on for me.
Old 04-23-13, 07:44 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Never bought from Vossen, iv bought from work though, and really no matter how much money you spend on anything it will be subjected to normal wear and tear. The first week i had my brand new custom spec'd and finished works they dident look perfect, but hey, they where now second hand, and you gotta understand that when you mod cars. But if anything truley is vossens fault, im sure they will see that it gets taken of properally, iv herd nothing but good things from those guys and gals.
Old 04-24-13, 05:57 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

When I bought my 083s, I bought them brand new. I noticed that my inner part of my wheel was never clear coated. I noticed this because every time I wash my car my wheels get thoroughly cleaned as well. One wheel never got completely clean because of it missing the clear coat. Vossen stopped making the 083s so they weren't able to replace that wheel. I was told that they never heard of that ever happening, so it kind of came off as I was making it up? I did send pictures of the wheel that was cleared and the one that wasn't. I was offered a set of CV1s at a discounted price but what irritated me was that I paid for a brand new set of wheels and I had an issue off the bat. Now either way I have to pay for a new set of wheels to have a perfect set. Some people might not care about this issue but I want my wheels to look shiny clean and new inside and out. Most places if you are having a warranty issue with a product and it is an older model, they typically replace it with a new one.
Old 04-24-13, 10:11 AM
hotwillz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.....I'm going home May 2 so I will have an update either way. Hopefully its just the tire bead didn't seal right.

Also Diego from Vossen contacted me as well...that in itself says something about their warranty.

Last edited by hotwillz33; 04-24-13 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-24-13, 10:27 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
When I bought my 083s, I bought them brand new. I noticed that my inner part of my wheel was never clear coated. I noticed this because every time I wash my car my wheels get thoroughly cleaned as well. One wheel never got completely clean because of it missing the clear coat. Vossen stopped making the 083s so they weren't able to replace that wheel. I was told that they never heard of that ever happening, so it kind of came off as I was making it up? I did send pictures of the wheel that was cleared and the one that wasn't. I was offered a set of CV1s at a discounted price but what irritated me was that I paid for a brand new set of wheels and I had an issue off the bat. Now either way I have to pay for a new set of wheels to have a perfect set. Some people might not care about this issue but I want my wheels to look shiny clean and new inside and out. Most places if you are having a warranty issue with a product and it is an older model, they typically replace it with a new one.
EXACTLY.. another person who has the same problem regarding how warranty should be handled. There will always be questions as to how they read in between the lines. You know what is messed up? That all retailers can send their defective stuff back to their manufacturers and get credited. I mean, if a person has had the wheels for days, not years,what is the harm in honoring it? Heck, i would want a customer who spent 3-5 grand in my product to be happy. That is NOT pocket change.

Last edited by silver305; 04-24-13 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-24-13, 10:50 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Originally Posted by silver305
EXACTLY.. another person who has the same problem regarding how warranty should be handled. There will always be questions as to how they read in between the lines. You know what is messed up? That all retailers can send their defective stuff back to their manufacturers and get credited. I mean, if a person has had the wheels for days, not years,what is the harm in honoring it? Heck, i would want a customer who spent 3-5 grand in my product to be happy. That is NOT pocket change.
Right, I shouldn't have to buy another set of wheels to get what I paid for in the 1st place. I was dealing directly with Vosssen.
Old 04-26-13, 12:23 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

instead of starting another thread i figured i'd ask seasoned Vossen wheel owners a question. if i coated my SMP CV4 wheels with wolfs rim shield or opti-coat 2.0... will that void my warranty on my wheels? i don't see why it should but figured i'd ask just to make sure. sent pm's but the Vossen Team is probably hella busy with the VPS wheels, haven't recieved an answer so i figured i'd post my inquiry here. thanx in advance for your help.
Old 04-26-13, 08:15 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
instead of starting another thread i figured i'd ask seasoned Vossen wheel owners a question. if i coated my SMP CV4 wheels with wolfs rim shield or opti-coat 2.0... will that void my warranty on my wheels? i don't see why it should but figured i'd ask just to make sure. sent pm's but the Vossen Team is probably hella busy with the VPS wheels, haven't recieved an answer so i figured i'd post my inquiry here. thanx in advance for your help.
I wouldn't see why, you're helping protecting the finish!
Old 04-26-13, 09:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
I wouldn't see why, you're helping protecting the finish!
thanx PRSUIT460...
Old 04-29-13, 07:54 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing now that wouldn't be covered would be the finish. If you custom painted the wheels and they start to chip or peeling then we would advise you to contact the shop who painted but the structural warranty will always remain.

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 04-29-13 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-29-13, 08:02 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would not hold my breath. I mean, this weekend i took my car in to my mechanic. He lifted the car and spun the front tires to see why my car vibrates at around 70 mph. he noticed that the front rims/tires don't rotate evenly when he spins them. Looks like either the front wheels are not perfectly round or the tires they put on are just defective. I called the shop and they agreed to replace the front tires at no charge. That being said, if the vibration isn't improved (this is after 2 rotations with the road force machine) then the mechanic said it might be the wheels that are not perfectly round which he has seen it happen before and IF that is the case then i am definetely coming after Vossen to replace both of them.

Quick Reply: Vossen Warranty