LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vossen Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 12:18 PM
hotwillz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vossen Warranty

Quick question for the forum........purchased 2008 LS460 with 22" Vossen wheels December 2011 and the rear wheel has a leak. I know that its not the tires and there isn't any visible rim damage so I'm wondering what my options are( warranty wise)?
Old 04-16-13, 01:14 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the warranty transfer over if you're the 2nd owner? Anyway, theres a member from Vossen on here. Can give him a PM. His name is Mike@Vossen.
Old 04-16-13, 03:41 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Is it your tire bead? May not be a wheel issue at all..be sure to verify that first
Old 04-16-13, 06:00 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

its gotta be the bead, chrome???? just take it to tire shop they will fix it not a warranty issue.
Old 04-16-13, 08:52 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

New valve stem?
Old 04-16-13, 08:53 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely let us know if it is an issue with the wheel! Like CJITTY said, check your tire, and if that's not it, feel free to contact us; we will do what we can to help remedy the situation!
Old 04-16-13, 09:37 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

OP..also get a little spray bottle with soapy water and spray around the tire bead and valve stem to see where air is getting loose from
Old 04-17-13, 07:39 AM
silver305
Pole Position

to be honest with you, i have not really been impressed by their warranty. They will always try to steer away from replacing it by trying to find a "way out" as to why it was your fault and not the manufacturer.
I put in a claim regarding my wheel finish. They were only 5 days old, $3000.00 later and when i told them that the machine finish got chipped off by my lug nut key falling on it from a KNEELING DISTANCE, they beat around the bush and said that they couldnt do it because it was my fault lol.. yeap buddy.. i am waiting to see if the rest of the wheel will continue to peel from that particular "chip" to see if they decide to do something about it. That is why i dont believe in any warranty as far as automotive things are concerned. They always find a way to NOT HONOR their "great" warranty.
Old 04-17-13, 10:31 AM
hotwillz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Is it your tire bead? May not be a wheel issue at all..be sure to verify that first
Tires are new...have less than 500 miles on them. The car is parked since I'm out of state on a project. I will check the bead when I return for a few days in May.

Thanks for all of the help!!!!
Old 04-17-13, 11:14 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
to be honest with you, i have not really been impressed by their warranty. They will always try to steer away from replacing it by trying to find a "way out" as to why it was your fault and not the manufacturer.
I put in a claim regarding my wheel finish. They were only 5 days old, $3000.00 later and when i told them that the machine finish got chipped off by my lug nut key falling on it from a KNEELING DISTANCE, they beat around the bush and said that they couldnt do it because it was my fault lol.. yeap buddy.. i am waiting to see if the rest of the wheel will continue to peel from that particular "chip" to see if they decide to do something about it. That is why i dont believe in any warranty as far as automotive things are concerned. They always find a way to NOT HONOR their "great" warranty.
One reason why I buy things and never look back at a "warranty" issue unless its obvious.
The paint chipped when you dropped the lug on it - your fault, shouldnt have dropped the lug
The finish on the wheel got dull after 2 years - your fault because you used the wrong wash
The wheel wobbles and cant balance correctly - your fault, shouldnt have ran over the pot holes

I work in a field that determines whats "preventable" or "not preventable" for a company and short of you leaving your house in the morning, everything is preventable.
Old 04-17-13, 12:02 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
I put in a claim regarding my wheel finish. They were only 5 days old, $3000.00 later and when i told them that the machine finish got chipped off by my lug nut key falling on it from a KNEELING DISTANCE, they beat around the bush and said that they couldnt do it because it was my fault lol.....They always find a way to NOT HONOR their "great" warranty.
YOU caused the damage by accidentally dropping a tool on the finish. How is that a Manufacturing defect? Coatings and finishes are not designed to withstand damage from failing hard objects. It was accidental damage, not a Manufacture Defect. If any claim should be filed it should be under your car insurance.

JR
Old 04-17-13, 12:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Definitely let us know if it is an issue with the wheel! Like CJITTY said, check your tire, and if that's not it, feel free to contact us; we will do what we can to help remedy the situation!

VOSSEN treated me like royalty when I had my wheel issue under warranty. This is why I will stick with them in the future when I change up my wheels. I bought Asantis for $5200 that had 3 of the 4 out of round and they refused to take them back. I returned through discount tire and they ate the 4K on the wheels. It says a lot these days when a company stands behind their products like VOSSEN

Thanks again to the crew at VOSSEN who helped me ( Leo, big Mike, and Jav) during my issue
Old 04-17-13, 01:41 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 305Busa
One reason why I buy things and never look back at a "warranty" issue unless its obvious.
The paint chipped when you dropped the lug on it - your fault, shouldnt have dropped the lug
The finish on the wheel got dull after 2 years - your fault because you used the wrong wash
The wheel wobbles and cant balance correctly - your fault, shouldnt have ran over the pot holes

I work in a field that determines whats "preventable" or "not preventable" for a company and short of you leaving your house in the morning, everything is preventable.
I didn't say it was NOT my fault for it falling on it. however, if rocks hit your front bumper creating the paint to start flaking off when you have only had the car for one week, and it is a brand new vehicle, NOT USED, what would you do????? hmmm.. you would start to wonder, did i get a lemon? because my last 1975 toyota didnt really have the paint come off when i did off roading with it.
My point isnt about whether it was my fault or not. My point is that if i buy something and it is sooo damn delicate that anything will make it chip, break, blow up, etc then i dont think i will be buying that item again. I totally understand the circumstances that i presented here, but my PERSONAL experience with other wheels hasn't been the same. Of course, if i decided to run over the median and ask vossen to replace my front wheels because they are both bent, then that is certainly a stupid request. I am simply bummed out that 3,000 dollar wheels can chip so damn easily SPECIALLY in parts where there is no color or apparent paint.
Old 04-17-13, 01:43 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FLYCT
YOU caused the damage by accidentally dropping a tool on the finish. How is that a Manufacturing defect? Coatings and finishes are not designed to withstand damage from failing hard objects. It was accidental damage, not a Manufacture Defect. If any claim should be filed it should be under your car insurance.

JR
YES, I DID drop a lug nut key on it from a KNEELING DISTANCE. Manufacturing defects or poor materials would be due to the fact that i dont see how the METAL finish flakes off.. Can it get scratched? sure, i can roll with that, but chipped off? really??
Old 04-17-13, 02:29 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwillz33
Quick question for the forum........purchased 2008 LS460 with 22" Vossen wheels December 2011 and the rear wheel has a leak. I know that its not the tires and there isn't any visible rim damage so I'm wondering what my options are( warranty wise)?
PM Sent! Give us a call for any questions or concerns regarding any issue.

Quick Reply: Vossen Warranty