LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Part number for map pocket on back of passenger seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 07:38 PM
skablaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Part number for map pocket on back of passenger seat?

Hello all! I am mere hours from purchasing what looks to be a very loved 2007 LS460 L. The absolutely singular condition issue that I have noticed is a spot on the map pocket on the back of the passenger seat where someone's shoe obviously made an indelible mark. If I have to live with it, then so be it, but if possible I'd like to find out what the part number is and perhaps swap it out myself later on. The interior is black. Thanks so much for the help and I really look forward to getting to know this community!

-Stephen
Old 04-16-13, 08:15 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If its leather it can be leather dyed. If its plastic it can be painted to match. Most dealers have access to leather refinishers.

JR
Old 04-16-13, 10:59 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skablaw
...where someone's shoe obviously made an indelible mark.
There are few marks that are truly indelible. Ask some detailers what they use. Mine has had success at some really nasty plastic "interactions" using abrasives of varying types and degrees. I have found myself that the white eraser provided on some ballpoint pens works a treat on soft automotive plastics. Once the offending mark is removed, some level of surface restoration is usually needed and is generally doable with good results. Good luck.
Old 04-17-13, 04:27 AM
skablaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the impression from these replies that a replacement part may not be as simple to procure as I was hoping... Perhaps a leather restorer can work magic beyond my understanding, but this is a real gouge. Maybe not torn through, but substantially different to the touch as well as to the eye.
Old 04-17-13, 08:28 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Perhaps a leather restorer can work magic beyond my understanding, but this is a real gouge. Maybe not torn through, but substantially different to the touch as well as to the eye.
A good detailer is a kind of magician who knows all about plastics, leather, paint, metal, rubber, etc. Suggest you consult one.
Old 04-17-13, 12:16 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm getting the impression from these replies that a replacement part may not be as simple to procure as I was hoping... Perhaps a leather restorer can work magic beyond my understanding, but this is a real gouge. Maybe not torn through, but substantially different to the touch as well as to the eye.
I don't know where you are located but here is a typical leather repair service with before and after pictures. Some look pretty drastic damage. http://www.fibrenew.com/lincoln/

JR