LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Can I get exactly what I want in a new LS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-13, 06:50 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ls4guy
perhaps it's me but when i look at your well written post, i'm amazed that u would take so much time to ask a level 3 type sales question to us groupies online instead of a dealer. i guess it brings some meaning to getting what u pay for.

the lexus ws is of the jack of all trades variety. not uncommon, mind u. after awhile these libraries can become cumbersome with the complexity and data. lexus has problems with it's ws. dare i say, when one looks at pkgs or accessories, it's a cludge and of very poorly design. u shoulda called the dealer, k so u could've gotten what u wanted, the way u wanted. i did and i can even track the progress of the boat carrying it! the build your own process is complex. lexus uses buying algorithms and sales patterns to stock their dlrs. few special orders are necessary for their flagship but for those who are **** like me, they your dlr can work magic.

i wish u well with your rover. not to pick on u but it's about the worst quality choice one can make in a vehicle these days. it's right down there with jag.
The last time I took our GS in to Lexus for service, I spoke with a sales person. I was first told that no, I could not get the vehicle equipped the way I wanted and that I had to have a bunch of other stuff that brought the msrp up to $109,000. The next day, I was contacted by one of there sales managers that said the sales person was wrong and that I could get "almost" what I wanted. but yet still had to have some other additional option.

I now own two Land Rover products. I bought our (first) 11 Range Rover (the big guy) two years ago. The quality has been stellar. I absolutely love it (which made the decision to go with another Land Rover an easy one) Clearly, you do not own one of these Land Rovers based on your comment. I have two neighbors that own the midsize Range Rover Sport and have had no issues with them. Therefore, I now anticipate great reliability out of our new 13 Range Rover Sport.

We have owned our Lexus for many years now, and love it too. We will be keeping it at our home in Sarasota. My point is that I am not a fan boy of any make. As you can see by my signature, I have vehicles from Japan, USA and the UK. I love each for different reasons and have been just as happy with the quality on our Range Rover as on our GS.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 06-18-13 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-18-13, 06:53 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Is that the new RR Sport or the outgoing model?
We wanted to quickly get in on one of the L320 (outgoing) models. My wife and I don't care for the new look of the 2014 Range Rover Sport compared to the 2013. Our dealer had 16 still remaining in stock and one of them just so happened to be equipped the exact way we wanted. So, we figured if we don't buy it now, we will never have the opportunity again as dealer inventory on the Sport is quickly being depleted (there appears to be several people who think like we do and do not like the 14 Sport as well as the 13 Sport). The 2014 RR Sport does not start hitting dealer lots till late August/early September, although they are all sold out for several months.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 06-18-13 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 01:50 PM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
The last time I took our GS in to Lexus for service, I spoke with a sales person. I was first told that no, I could not get the vehicle equipped the way I wanted and that I had to have a bunch of other stuff that brought the msrp up to $109,000. The next day, I was contacted by one of there sales managers that said the sales person was wrong and that I could get "almost" what I wanted. but yet still had to have some other additional option.

I now own two Land Rover products. I bought our (first) 11 Range Rover (the big guy) two years ago. The quality has been stellar. I absolutely love it (which made the decision to go with another Land Rover an easy one) Clearly, you do not own one of these Land Rovers based on your comment. I have two neighbors that own the midsize Range Rover Sport and have had no issues with them. Therefore, I now anticipate great reliability out of our new 13 Range Rover Sport.

We have owned our Lexus for many years now, and love it too. We will be keeping it at our home in Sarasota. My point is that I am not a fan boy of any make. As you can see by my signature, I have vehicles from Japan, USA and the UK. I love each for different reasons and have been just as happy with the quality on our Range Rover as on our GS.
1st of all, lemme extend my congrats to your lifestyle. now i write that not really knowing but i'm taking the high road here. if it's what u like and can buy while still holding your head high, i say "go-4-it!!" u're correct in as much as i''ve never driven a rover but there are lots of cars i've not driven. after gettin' burned over the yrs with linc & caddy, i've come to respect consumer reports reliability. hell, i have some apr (auto report) issues goin' back to the late 80s and what's consistent are the problem cars. typically, those who can afford these higher end vehicles don't really care and get what they want.

so yes, i guess u can say that i'm am a fan boy (i prefer "guy" though) of the top 3 japanese automakers. since i've rebuilt a couple engines back in the day and have a bit more automotive knowledge than the avg person, i can write that i know what works for me. these days, i have no desire to do anything but oil and brakes. now even though i'm about to get my 3rd newbie (12 ls, 13 gx, 13 ls) in about 9 mos, if and when i decide to pull the plug on this conspicuous consumption, i'd like to have the confidence to know my ride will go the distance. i have that in spades with a toy product.

peace
Old 06-24-13, 02:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
We wanted to quickly get in on one of the L320 (outgoing) models. My wife and I don't care for the new look of the 2014 Range Rover Sport compared to the 2013.
I agree 100%, I don't think the 2014 is nearly as distinctive looking as the previous model.