LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pet Peeve

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 04:48 PM
Nospinzone

Received 420 Likes on 324 Posts
Default Pet Peeve

OK, I have to get this off my chest.

I belong to a couple car forums like this one. One thing that aggravates the hell out of me is people who join the forum to make one post and then never return. Some come on to ask a question about a problem they are having with their car. OK, that's a fair thing to do, and I understand that they might not want to be a regular contributor. However, once people take their time to help that person, they never have the common courtesy to either thank those who helped them, or to report back with the results of their problem.

Another is the one time posters who throw out Molotov cocktails (e.g. LS Is No Longer a Luxury Car) and then disappear into their hole never to be heard from again. I for one vow to never respond to these threads ever again.

I will respond to the first time question again because I don't want to become cynical with every first time member, but if they aren't back in a reasonable time period, I'm not adding any more to that thread.

OK, rant over, please resume the regularly scheduled program!
Old 08-20-13, 06:10 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you; every once in a while we must vent.
Old 08-20-13, 07:08 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

It is frustrating but I blame it on the playstation generation new brand of kids out here who don't appreciate jackshiz. I have received alot of thanks for my writeups which is nice..but every once in a while a newb will do a drive by for answers but never contribute back. I write my novel posts to really explain things as best I can because I wasn't able to find those type of details when I was researching. But..I do it because I like to help..but when folks give me static about searching. .it tells me they have no interest in doing any research and they want to be spoon fed. So your post is spot on and well stated.

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 08-20-13, 09:08 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

ehhhh... i am an one-time single or double poster in multiple forums on the information superhighway.

I am usually asking a question about a friend's car I am trying to fix, etc.. quite understandable if the person does not own the car themselves..

check out my posts on suzuki and kia forums.. haha
Old 08-20-13, 09:33 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

My peeve is none of the noobs want to READ to get the answer to the questions they have or research and start new threads that litter the first page with drive by threads. The car has been around for a while so you have to know you are not the first to have the issue nor asked the question, we live in a society of instant gratification, a must have it right now (info/material) and it must be FAST! I don't mind helping out my fellow owners/potential future owners but at least try to put forth the effort to help yourself! This forum is full of info on every topic dealing with everything one could think of, it is rare something new will arise and in most cases it's an isolated one. One thing is to remember some people will not tell the entire story about the cars background when issues come up, especially when asked about it.
Old 08-20-13, 10:44 AM
krzyd
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of us low-volume contributors do appreciate those of you who take the time. Thanks man!
Old 08-20-13, 07:35 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I concur with the OP.

I have this posted as the first entry in a FAQ sticky on a car forum I moderate.

Old 08-20-13, 10:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Gotta agree. It is frustrating. I wonder they would even bother to join in the first place if they don't want to contribute. It is frustrating whe you do a write up and get no response or thanks. People don't realize that these write ups, reviews, etc take time and we are ALL busy people.