LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ouch !!!! My new Michelins !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-13, 12:07 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Ok, check this out. Got the screw taken out and patched and 48 hours later the tire was down 4 psi so I took it back and they patched it again. 48 hours later same thing. The repaired tire is about 4 psi down . I go back and the manager says he will just order me a new $530 rear tire. I take her back to get the new tire on and they call me a hour later to tell me there were scratches on the wheel. I told th I would stop by since I was in the area having lunch . I got there to inspect the wheel I found scuffs all the way around the lip and one little dent in the face of the lip. They tired to act like they had no idea what was up but I didn't let it go. I got the manager involved and told him that there is no way in hell I put those scratches on the wheels and for them to look at the other three to compare . I told him that the car had been in there three times in 5 days to have the tire patched and that they must have done it. The manager accepted responsibility without even hesitating and told me they will have a repair guy look at it on Wednesday but that its probably not going to be perfect so he will most likely just order me another new wheel. So to take out a screw and patch it for free discount tire is now buying me a new $530 tire and a $750 wheel. Ouch !!!

Gotta give it to them. What other shop would do all that to make a customer happy ?????

Last edited by I8ABMR; 09-03-13 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-03-13, 07:45 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Ok, check this out. Got the screw taken out and patched and 48 hours later the tire was down 4 psi so I took it back and they patched it again. 48 hours later same thing. The repaired tire is about 4 psi down . I go back and the manager says he will just order me a new $530 rear tire. I take her back to get the new tire on and they call me a hour later to tell me there were scratches on the wheel. I told th I would stop by since I was in the area having lunch . I got there to inspect the wheel I found scuffs all the way around the lip and one little dent in the face of the lip. They tired to act like they had no idea what was up but I didn't let it go. I got the manager involved and told him that there is no way in hell I put those scratches on the wheels and for them to look at the other three to compare . I told him that the car had been in there three times in 5 days to have the tire patched and that they must have done it. The manager accepted responsibility without even hesitating and told me they will have a repair guy look at it on Wednesday but that its probably not going to be perfect so he will most likely just order me another new wheel. So to take out a screw and patch it for free discount tire is now buying me a new $530 tire and a $750 wheel. Ouch !!!

Gotta give it to them. What other shop would do all that to make a customer happy ?????
I am betting they dropped the wheel on its face...i have seen this at tires shops many times. It doesn't take much to scratch that stainless lip. Keep the wheel as a spare for sure!! Sucks, but having a spare wheel isn't a bad deal