LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vibration Issues on LS460l

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 08:20 PM
adeas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration Issues on LS460l

Hello everyone-

I just purchased a 2009 LS460l and noticed a really deep vibration coming from the rear of the vehicle. The vibrations occur when I am at a complete stop and attempt to accelerate the vehicle turning to the left or right. Initially, I thought the tires were rubbing (18inch wheels), but after taking it to my local Lexus dealership they seemed confident the vibrations were occurring because my center differential needed to be flushed a refilled with 3 quarts of new fluid (they claimed the fluid was filthy) which is ~$150/quart. The purchase isn't major, but I wanted to get others opinion that may have experienced the same issue prior to jumping the gun. Thanks and I look forward to hearing you feedback!

FYI: the car has brand new tires and all of which were just balanced/aligned.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 10-07-13, 04:06 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by adeas
Hello everyone-

I just purchased a 2009 LS460l and noticed a really deep vibration coming from the rear of the vehicle. The vibrations occur when I am at a complete stop and attempt to accelerate the vehicle turning to the left or right. Initially, I thought the tires were rubbing (18inch wheels), but after taking it to my local Lexus dealership they seemed confident the vibrations were occurring because my center differential needed to be flushed a refilled with 3 quarts of new fluid (they claimed the fluid was filthy) which is ~$150/quart. The purchase isn't major, but I wanted to get others opinion that may have experienced the same issue prior to jumping the gun. Thanks and I look forward to hearing you feedback!

FYI: the car has brand new tires and all of which were just balanced/aligned.

Thanks,
Adam
Interesting considering the trans fluid is completely sealed. I say do a road force tire balance before doing anything else

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 10-07-13, 05:27 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this an AWD or RWD LS460L? If your car is AWD then there is a TSIB that might apply here.
Old 10-07-13, 08:30 PM
adeas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an All Wheel Drive.

What exactly is a TSIB and do you have a link that could reference the TSIB that may be corresponding to my vibration issues?

Also, regardless of whether or not the fluid is "dirty", do either of you feel this could potentially be the cause of my vibration issues. I am just curious because the Lexus mechanic seemed as though it could be nothing else. Sorry, but when it comes to mechanics, I am not very knowledgeable. Thanks guys for guiding me with your knowledge thus far!

Thanks
Adam D.
Old 10-08-13, 03:47 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by adeas
It is an All Wheel Drive.

What exactly is a TSIB and do you have a link that could reference the TSIB that may be corresponding to my vibration issues?

Also, regardless of whether or not the fluid is "dirty", do either of you feel this could potentially be the cause of my vibration issues. I am just curious because the Lexus mechanic seemed as though it could be nothing else. Sorry, but when it comes to mechanics, I am not very knowledgeable. Thanks guys for guiding me with your knowledge thus far!

Thanks
Adam D.
Please review the FAQ Sticky located at the top of the thread list

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App