LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2014 LS460-Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 08:47 PM
napolpaisa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 LS460-Good price?

I just order new 2014 LS460 Base Model Starfire Pearl
MSRP $ 76986+ custom tint and factory chromes wheel $1668
Total $78654
Discount $7272 (For December To Remember)
Total Selling Price $71382
I am new for this forums, would you guy please tell me i got a good price
thank you for all your comment
Napol
Old 12-03-13, 07:31 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the LS family!!!! I dont think that you over paid for your car; IMHO the main thing that is important is that you are satisfied with the deal that was made, seeing how you got what you wanted with options under the MSRP, seems great to me.
Old 12-03-13, 08:59 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Did you use truecar.com? Based on that you are paying about what everyone else is so at least it appears you didn't over pay..I would of gone for a other $1k or $2k lol...but hard to do that on a hot car that's not having issues selling. We bought a brand new 2013 closeout fully loaded Dodge Durango about 2 months ago and took off about $13k from msrp lol..ended up paying the same price as what used ones at auction were going for..

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-05-13 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-03-13, 02:34 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good deal on a 2014. Anywhere between 9-14 percent off a new model year is a good deal. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 12-04-13, 06:57 PM
cerbum
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. My local dealer can't seem to keep LS460's in stock, so I can't imagine they are doing a lot of negotiating on them.
Old 12-05-13, 05:12 AM
14LSSport
Driver

I ordered what i wanted for $1,000.00 over invoice. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 12-05-13, 06:05 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
I ordered what i wanted for $1,000.00 over invoice. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Invoice..lol. you'll never know the real price. Dealers never show their hand that much so don't get all cozy with the term invoice. I have been lucky using manheim to get current year auction pricing and work up from there

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 12-05-13, 11:07 AM
harleybob
Driver School Candidate

I order a LS 460 yesterday $800.00 over invoice. Now for the bad news factory order he says 60 to 90 day delivery
Old 12-05-13, 01:22 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Invoice..lol. you'll never know the real price. Dealers never show their hand that much so don't get all cozy with the term invoice. I have been lucky using manheim to get current year auction pricing and work up from there

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
I concur. What the dealer shows you is a fake made up invoice. Dealers also use a tactic of doing the research for you and steer you to believe your are an educated consumer. If you have given them an offer and the sales manager is willing to work with you then you have over paid.

I cant get a deal anymore because dealers changed their tactics and customers have become more gullible. As long as you are happy with the car and the dealership treats you like royalty you should be content with no regrets.

Last edited by Devh; 12-05-13 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-05-13, 03:05 PM
14LSSport
Driver

I got the Lexus confidential invoice sheet pricing (has MSRP and Dealer Invoice pricing)? Is Car and Driver invoice pricing right, cause it matched pretty close to the Confidential dealer invoice sheet?
Old 12-05-13, 03:26 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
I got the Lexus confidential invoice sheet pricing (has MSRP and Dealer Invoice pricing)? Is Car and Driver invoice pricing right, cause it matched pretty close to the Confidential dealer invoice sheet?
I worked at a dealership in the past. The sales men and women are just intermediaries and are not shown the real purchase prices. Usually the general manager of the dealership or general sales manager knows the actual purchase price. I exchanged cars at the time and it was common knowledge when you are on the inside. I did get to see what our dealership was paying for cars from the manufacture and my jaw dropped to the floor. the purchase order looks nothing like the fake invoice they print up. I have talked to other sales men about this many years later and they are still pulling the same old scam and often I hear from friends that they bought their car at the invoice price which I never said anything because I didn't want to ruin their day.

Many of the online websites that are used for advice on how to purchase a car are not exactly independent and are usually industry created.

The most important thing to take from this is to pay for what the industry deems what you should pay at he lower limit,. It's still not a great deal but at least your not a bigger sucker.
Old 12-06-13, 07:14 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
I concur. What the dealer shows you is a fake made up invoice. Dealers also use a tactic of doing the research for you and steer you to believe your are an educated consumer. If you have given them an offer and the sales manager is willing to work with you then you have over paid.

I cant get a deal anymore because dealers changed their tactics and customers have become more gullible. As long as you are happy with the car and the dealership treats you like royalty you should be content with no regrets.
Sure invoice is not the true invoice dealers pay because they get a percentage holdback (dealers do have to make money you know) but it is a great starting point and for a low volume car like the LS, I think anywhere from $500-$1,000 over "invoice" is a good deal. I use Edmunds (which is accurate) and price out the options to figure out what "invoice" is and go from there. There are also incentive where manufacturers will give dealer cash incentives to dealers which you can then get cars below dealers true invoice. There are some dealers that will sell their cars for a true loss and make it up in financing and service but not most Lexus dealers unless it is a high volume model which the LS isn't. A friend of mine was a GSM for an Acura dealer and they used to sell cars at a true loss since the #1 and #2 Acura dealers in the country were right next to each other but that is not the norm.

As for Manheim, that is good for used cars but typically not new cars although they do sell new cars from time to time. I have an account I use to check the prices of used cars but you have to add in money for the auction fee and at least $1k in fixing up the car as many are not up to my standards and are pretty beat up. You can see in the post sales results which ones were in better shape as they will command more money.
Old 12-06-13, 08:38 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
Sure invoice is not the true invoice dealers pay because they get a percentage holdback (dealers do have to make money you know) but it is a great starting point and for a low volume car like the LS, I think anywhere from $500-$1,000 over "invoice" is a good deal. I use Edmunds (which is accurate) and price out the options to figure out what "invoice" is and go from there. There are also incentive where manufacturers will give dealer cash incentives to dealers which you can then get cars below dealers true invoice. There are some dealers that will sell their cars for a true loss and make it up in financing and service but not most Lexus dealers unless it is a high volume model which the LS isn't. A friend of mine was a GSM for an Acura dealer and they used to sell cars at a true loss since the #1 and #2 Acura dealers in the country were right next to each other but that is not the norm.

As for Manheim, that is good for used cars but typically not new cars although they do sell new cars from time to time. I have an account I use to check the prices of used cars but you have to add in money for the auction fee and at least $1k in fixing up the car as many are not up to my standards and are pretty beat up. You can see in the post sales results which ones were in better shape as they will command more money.
I agree but I would like to point out that there are different levels of being a sucker. Year end clearance and if a car with an unappealing color or interior can get you a great deal because they have to move the car off the lot. My tactic is to remove all of the other incentives, financing, out the door price and all the gimmicks they use and just shame them on the bottom line price. What I mean by that is if you work with hard numbers of how much they are willing to take off the asking price it makes them seem unreasonable if they refuse the offer. Cash rebates, processing fees, wheel locks are all parlor tricks so they can keep their margins. When buying a used car sometimes you can beat the system because they do not have the time to sort though added features and the overall condition of the vehicle, you may end up with a better car then they assessed.
Old 12-06-13, 08:43 AM
14LSSport
Driver

I agree with you guys. The GM of this dealership is the Uncle of the person selling me the LS. The person selling me the LS I have known for years and is the brother-in-law of a very good friend of mine. So, I got the best deal I could, I know all dealers get a hold back. I have ordered several vehicles on the x-plan from my local Ford dealer and you get to to see the invoice and what the dealer pays is about 2 K under invoice.

I called several other dealers and they said 2-3% off MSRP for a new 14 LS 460. My dealer let me order one for 1 K over invoice, so that wasn't a bad deal.