LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

iVici AND Prestigioussociety

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by amit1947
Does the IVIC-D connect the audio digitally or does it use the low quality Aux (3.5 mm) analog input?
everything is through the mhl connector (for both ivic). for ivic-i i am pretty sure it's digital audio, i believe that's the case for ivic-d as well but not 100%. for sure neither is using the aux port
Old 01-23-14, 01:55 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by amit1947
Does the IVIC-D connect the audio digitally or does it use the low quality Aux (3.5 mm) analog input?
Def not low quality. All of the sound from the phone transfers via the HDMI cable into the Car Audio System..no 3.5mm plugs happening with the IVIC...sound is amazing, even when streaming iHeart Radio or Netflix
Old 01-23-14, 06:05 PM
sarantis
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I'm assuming wrong but with the iVic unit, I know it all runs through the Apple AV connector, but for movies with 5.1 digital sound will that transfer through to the car's speakers? Or is there no 5.1 processing with the ML system?

Signed,

Too lazy to look at the manual for this one.
Old 01-24-14, 06:41 PM
amit1947
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there much difference in listening to Pandora through IVIC versus though the Aux (3.5mm)?
Old 02-03-14, 05:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

installed the ivic-i this past weekend and here's my review and tips

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...vic-d-too.html
Old 02-03-14, 06:15 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
installed the ivic-i this past weekend and here's my review and tips

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...vic-d-too.html
Well done romini! Well done.....
Old 02-03-14, 08:47 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

I also did a video review on my ivic if you would like to see another review as well
Old 02-04-14, 07:29 PM
JYinKY
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I just really got started on here (need to do a welcome post & introduce myself), but with my 09 LS460L i'm quickly discovering the limitations with the old 3.5mm port vs. usb/bluetooth. From what i've read thus far - this ivic & ps upgrade is just what I need - however, i'm not prepared to try & install on my own. So dumb this down for me... Can I 1) use these upgrades with my audio port limitation 2) if so, am I understanding that best buy could install it all for me and 3) is there a best place to purchase everything they'd need to do the install? Just trying to understand it all for us non techy folk.

Thanks so much - look forward to getting more involved on CL!

Jyinky
Old 02-04-14, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JYinKY
Guys, I just really got started on here (need to do a welcome post & introduce myself), but with my 09 LS460L i'm quickly discovering the limitations with the old 3.5mm port vs. usb/bluetooth. From what i've read thus far - this ivic & ps upgrade is just what I need - however, i'm not prepared to try & install on my own. So dumb this down for me... Can I 1) use these upgrades with my audio port limitation 2) if so, am I understanding that best buy could install it all for me and 3) is there a best place to purchase everything they'd need to do the install? Just trying to understand it all for us non techy folk.

Thanks so much - look forward to getting more involved on CL!

Jyinky
welcome to clublexus, i just replied to your other post too

1) your setup is just fine. the ivic-i basically ADDS an additional mode to your system to play from your iphone, you won't lose anything and your current aux port is not affected. most important thing is to make sure your car has the self park feature. if you don't, then you will have a conflict with the rear view camera

2) best buy? errrr, personally i would choose some other high end reputable audio shop. i won't trust the work by best buy (let alone the money they charge)

3) you can purchase the ps unit from prestigious society, you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for details. for the ivic-i, you can contact vaistech directly to purchase one

keep in mind, you don't necessarily need the ps unit if all you care is iphone integration. the ps unit gives you extra freedom to use the nav when driving as well, though. and it also enables dvd video if you have mark levinson
Old 02-05-14, 05:08 AM
philj
Driver

you can purchase the ps unit from prestigious society, you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for details. for the ivic-i, you can contact vaistech directly to purchase one

keep in mind, you don't necessarily need the ps unit if all you care is iphone integration. the ps unit gives you extra freedom to use the nav when driving as well, though. and it also enables dvd video if you have mark levinson
If I can make 3 points that might help you:

1. I bought from prestigious society and they sent me DYI instructions on how to take the dash apart so that I could install the unit. The owner also helped me on the phone and could not have been nicer. It is possible that iVici also sends instructions.

I did it myself and I am not a engineer. The car is easy to take apart and easy to put back together if you take your time.

2. i wrote to iVici and asked if they have a unit to work with my 2013. They said to wait a month.

3. If I install anything in my new car I will pay someone. I think I could do it again but I would rather not.
Old 02-05-14, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

very good point. ps sends out instruction on how to take apart the dash. ivic-i comes with instruction but only on the connection part, meaning which harness to access. but it does not give you any details on how to take panels off, etc...

yes, ivic-i for latest 2013+ vehicles will be out in a month or so, currently it's only for gen5 and gen6 nav (up to 2012)

the 2013 LS is actually pretty straight forward to work with too, some of the panels are pretty similar to 07-09. but of course, i can totally see the pressure when trying to pull anything out from a brand new 80k car
Old 02-05-14, 05:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

vaistech just released an official video on the ivic-i

Old 02-05-14, 07:21 PM
JYinKY
Driver School Candidate

1st off, thanks for your responses! Already feeling a sense of Lexus Lover Brotherhood here! The info is much appreciated. I loved the BB comment! Funny thing is, in a former life I used to actually install car stereos for myself and friends, but that was in the early 90's and i'm quite sure the old standard wiring harnessess look a bit different today. Here in KY, there is raelly only one high end car audio place left (at least in my area of Lexington), but Autosound has been around for prob 30yrs and no one knows more than they about intergration, etc of after market equipment, etc in high end cars such as our lovely LS's...except if you know that one of their best nstallers left and now works at best buy . Hence the reference...
Old 02-05-14, 07:52 PM
JYinKY
Driver School Candidate

And just to clarify Rominl, my 09 LS has the 5th generation nav, so the ivic-i will work?
Old 02-05-14, 08:43 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

welcome to clublexus, i just replied to your other post too

1) your setup is just fine. the ivic-i basically ADDS an additional mode to your system to play from your iphone, you won't lose anything and your current aux port is not affected. most important thing is to make sure your car has the self park feature. if you don't, then you will have a conflict with the rear view camera

2) best buy? errrr, personally i would choose some other high end reputable audio shop. i won't trust the work by best buy (let alone the money they charge)

3) you can purchase the ps unit from prestigious society, you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for details. for the ivic-i, you can contact vaistech directly to purchase one

Yes..Best Buy. It just calls for removal of nav and radio enough to just plug n play the ivic and it's done. Plus if they messed something up, it's on them. This isn't more than a 30 min job so let's not get all caught up with reputable shops and this and that for a simple job like this...many months later my car and ivic are just fine..just sayin. And $60 is too much?? Compared to the $200 I was quoted at one of ATLs "highly reputable" shops, Best Buy had the absolute best price hands down and even let me hang out in the install bay to show me how to remove everything so I could do it myself next time. I got no complaints about my particular experience there

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-05-14 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: iVici AND Prestigioussociety