LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Avest/SpecD LS460 LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 12:04 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
The lights sold as Avest are the same lights that Fizz and other companies sell. If you buy the "Avest" lights, the price will be higher, but the lights are the same since all suppliers buy from the same manufacturer. I don't even think Avest is stamped on the lights they sell, so they're probably no difference at all, except the price.
Correct, there is no difference at all
Avest includes instructions that are in Japanese w/ pics
Old 03-25-14, 12:17 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk
Any comparison shot of the 2014 vs avest tail light on?
Best I could do but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Avest/SpecD LS460 LED Tail Lights-led-tails-1.jpg   Avest/SpecD LS460 LED Tail Lights-led-tails-2.jpg   Avest/SpecD LS460 LED Tail Lights-led-tails-3.jpg  
Old 03-25-14, 03:54 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee

Best I could do but you get the idea.
I think that looks pretty damn good
Old 03-25-14, 11:01 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY

Wow, those are really dark bruh. Side note, It must be nice living where you live..no license plates required LOOOOOL. Lexus of Concord getting mad advertising since you got the car way back when lmao!!
Yeah the light was a shade lighter than my original tinted ones but this one was a bit darker than I expected. Im just asking for trouble now front tints, no plates, super black tails, young guy but whats life without some riskyness lol. Its always fun pulling up to the dealer they get a kick out of seeing the plates there everytime. I might retint them, any one else planning on tinting them?
Old 03-26-14, 04:33 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's what i'm about to do with my front plate only:

http://www.hidetheplate.com/

or

http://www.thefind.com/cars/info-ret...-license-plate
Old 03-26-14, 05:51 AM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for it PB, I'm not tinting my tails, I like to have some protection for the idiots behind me out here, not to mention no front or rear plate would be a wet dream ticket for local pd or chp out here..but like the hideaway ideal. I guess if that don't work we still have have retractable mirrors.

Last edited by shrikelex; 03-26-14 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-26-14, 06:01 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Hey the only reason they have us put a front plate on is for the cops that are using the laser gun, and it picks up the reflection of the plate.

I had a cop pull me over in dad's GS when we didn't put the plate on, and he walked past the window and went straight to the front of the car to look where the plate should have been. If i have this electric one then it could be flipped into place before he gets to the front of the car!
Old 03-26-14, 06:19 AM
shrikelex
Driver

Ahh, makes sense to me and if he just ate lunch you may get a couple extra seconds in case that motor runs slow, lol. I'm not sure what there using out here, but I'd say if you have tinted tails and there dark, that's probably better then having a rear tinted license plate cover, but that's a quick fix
Old 03-26-14, 08:39 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by LXurious

Yeah the light was a shade lighter than my original tinted ones but this one was a bit darker than I expected. Im just asking for trouble now front tints, no plates, super black tails, young guy but whats life without some riskyness lol. Its always fun pulling up to the dealer they get a kick out of seeing the plates there everytime. I might retint them, any one else planning on tinting them?
Yeah bruh..you livin that life!!! Be careful man..those tinted tails are just asking for harassment. Remember, if they need a reason. .don't give them one you can control/prevent
Old 03-26-14, 09:44 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Yeah have to 2nd Cjitty, then again if your in Concord that's a nice area, if your in Oakland or something all bets are off. Down here in Socal its pretty much dumb stuff you see people getting tickets for, like riding solo in the carpool-dumb, expired tags. I'd say the Lex is a little more conservative then an M3 with no plates, speeding and super dark tint on all five so guess that's one plus.
Old 03-26-14, 10:57 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Not liking the ones on Ebay. I'd prefer the red or a red/smoke.
Old 03-27-14, 12:36 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shrikelex
Yeah have to 2nd Cjitty, then again if your in Concord that's a nice area, if your in Oakland or something all bets are off. Down here in Socal its pretty much dumb stuff you see people getting tickets for, like riding solo in the carpool-dumb, expired tags. I'd say the Lex is a little more conservative then an M3 with no plates, speeding and super dark tint on all five so guess that's one plus.
I really don't know how he doesn't get pulled over hahaha. I need to run a front plate and I don't have my front windows tinted just so I don't give the cops a reason to pull me over. Tinted windows, tinted tails, paper plates, big wheels, etc. Haha
Old 03-27-14, 04:22 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shrikelex
...Go for it PB...
Family yelled at me last night about getting this hidden plate and said i just wanted to cause trouble or get a cop on my @$$

I got tint to keep the cops busy for now. lol
Old 03-27-14, 06:30 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
Not liking the ones on Ebay. I'd prefer the red or a red/smoke.
+1

Not a fan. I'll wait for the red ones.
Old 03-28-14, 01:52 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Originally Posted by lbintab
I really don't know how he doesn't get pulled over hahaha. I need to run a front plate and I don't have my front windows tinted just so I don't give the cops a reason to pull me over. Tinted windows, tinted tails, paper plates, big wheels, etc. Haha
That's funny, maybe Luxrous doesn't fit the part to get pulled over. Lux were going need a pic of you lol (just kidding) speaking of tint, tails and getting pulled over, I was grabbing a starbuckies in the drive thru this week, so I'm rolling back around to park and I do a quick unbuckle just before parking and CHP robotrooper in the new babytransporter suv had me dead bang with no belt on, he looked like he was going on break and backed in parking right next to me. I caught a break and my thoughts were because I made eye contact and said hello when he got out, both our drivers windows were down and I think also because maybe I wasn't on the phone, no loud music, and no other issues were in direct site lol, wasn't my day, whew, Lesson learned for me, I won't unbuckle early.

Last edited by shrikelex; 03-28-14 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Avest/SpecD LS460 LED Tail Lights