LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Would you buy this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 09:43 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Would you buy this?

It was one of JM Custom Creations one off cars. I like the interior a lot, the exterior not so much. For all that has been done to it, it is not bad for $49k, but would any of you grab this car up?

Link: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...66355786&Log=0
Old 03-12-14, 10:29 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably not. Interior looks pretty good though. Not feeling the new front bumper. The side skirts and rear bumper, exhaust treatment for better or worse look similar to some of the Tom's jdm brand stuff
Old 03-12-14, 10:33 AM
pacmonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way. You can do way better for the money. Los sharp though.
Old 03-12-14, 10:56 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Nice car its an LS of course, but the only way i would consider purchasing this vehicle is if 1.) the seller agreed to restore the car back to its original state or 2) the seller sets the price so low that i could have a custom shop fully restore it back to oem status and not break the bank in doing so. I feel as though that he tricked it out like a honda civic. But this is just my opinion
Old 03-12-14, 11:26 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

No way in hell...many of those custom cars look great on the surface but have 30 year **** star career worth of damage underneath the makeup
Old 03-12-14, 11:55 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RodT
Nice car its an LS of course, but the only way i would consider purchasing this vehicle is if 1.) the seller agreed to restore the car back to its original state or 2) the seller sets the price so low that i could have a custom shop fully restore it back to oem status and not break the bank in doing so. I feel as though that he tricked it out like a honda civic. But this is just my opinion

Most of their cars use good products.....Artisan Spirits, Wald, Tom's, etc....but their wheel fitment and style are really poor. Just my opinion but look way to "southern" style.
Old 03-12-14, 11:59 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
No way in hell...many of those custom cars look great on the surface but have 30 year **** star career worth of damage underneath the makeup
Firstly you cant make a statement like that unless you know the background of the company. I do agree that its a bit much style wise. But you realize this car was done by JM Custom Creations...which is owned and operated by JM Lexus. The largest Lexus dealer or one of the Largest, they also provide a lifetime warranty on all paint and body work. With that said yes its over the top and not that nice looking, but I am familiar with the amount of money they put into their builds so there asking price is around the norm.
Old 03-12-14, 02:36 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Yardie, I agree the exterior is not my cup of tea. I can't really assess the price without knowing more about the car.

I want to know more about how you know about 30 year **** star careers!
Old 03-12-14, 03:49 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks to be a full Toms kit which l-tuned has on their site for $10,500. Not that an expensive kit means it looks good, but other pics I've seen of this kit look a lot better than these pics. The front bumper seems to have been modded and doesn't look right.
I like interior but would sell the kit and wheels.
Old 03-12-14, 04:01 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i'm seeing some decent panel gaps with rear bumper fitment. . .just saying
Old 03-12-14, 04:21 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll sell my LS460L for $49K.

The interior doesn't look like anything expensive. You can get all that done for less then $1500. (seat insert, trim on door panel, hrydro dip some of the interior pieces and maybe he had the roof wrap in white) Wheels looks cheap and since it is a LWB, probably on Data System.
Old 03-12-14, 06:32 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1, I wouldn't punch that accelerator if you paid me. To me it's more of an individual taste. I've had four 7 series and I had them all customized one way or another, but this is my first Lexus and in my eyes I'd have to be the one to originally make the mods, so if I had $49 to drop, I'd get a nice 2013-14 used and keep it stock and tuned, drive it until the wheels fall off, but that's just me. Also being close to LA we have probably a million upholstery shops that would do anything you tell them if there getting paid.

Last edited by shrikelex; 03-12-14 at 06:36 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-12-14, 07:44 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

As an interesting turn of events, I ended up at the same dealership that the LS is at and I thought it looked pretty good. I like how it for what it is, but wouldn't drive it as a DD. It's a nice show car though. JM does top notch work so shoddy craftsmanship wouldn't really be a concern for me.

In other news, I has some fun and test drove a CTS-V while I was there. I can't wait for Lexus to unleash something like that to us.
Old 03-12-14, 08:46 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Yardie, I agree the exterior is not my cup of tea. I can't really assess the price without knowing more about the car.

I want to know more about how you know about 30 year **** star careers!
Loool..hahahaha
Old 03-12-14, 08:56 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jump2man3

Firstly you cant make a statement like that unless you know the background of the company. I do agree that its a bit much style wise. But you realize this car was done by JM Custom Creations...which is owned and operated by JM Lexus. The largest Lexus dealer or one of the Largest, they also provide a lifetime warranty on all paint and body work. With that said yes its over the top and not that nice looking, but I am familiar with the amount of money they put into their builds so there asking price is around the norm.
Sure I can lol...the car has been picked, plucked, spliced and heavily modded, I don't care what parts or who installed them. It is wayy too far from stock and plenty of surgeries. Unless JM provided a written warranty with an effective date that carries from owner to owner, that warranty probably isn't even valid anymore. For $49k, I could get a nice 600hl with some VIP wheels and maybe a decent kit...maybe. I love custom cars..but I personally would never buy a car like this. There is a reason these super custom LS's sit and don't sell. Prior to buying my 600, I kept seeing custom LSs with tons of mods for ridiculous prices. ..and they stayed for sale for a long time. They probably got parted out or sold to an auction. .who knows. To each is own