LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Update for iVic-i fixes some bugs but not all

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-14, 08:19 AM
sarantis
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update for iVic-i fixes some bugs but not all

So VAIS came out with a minor update for their program for iVic and those with iPhones. I have a 2007 LS460L. I noticed the first version they put out was really buggy in a lot of ways. This new version fixes the weather icons in that you can actually see them now as opposed to just seeing the temps for each day. The interface hasn't changed dramatically however. Other than that there's not a whole lot I can see in the way of fixes since I haven't tried it out yet.

Some of the other things that still annoy me is that the screen sometimes doesn't stretch to the full size of the display. Anytime you push something on the right side of the screen it's off by about half a centimeter. Very annoying. The navigation feature finally has an icon showing where you are but the whole thing is still very choppy. I also feel they're holding back on functionality. It has the music interface of course, along with the weather page which is nice. But the calendar feature is just kind of an afterthought and there's not much more. I can mirror my iPhone to my car's screen but then again there's no way to interface with the screen itself. I have a jailbroken phone and there's no way to use a mouse with iOS 7.0.6.

So just a few frustrations so far. I've seen Android users getting good functionality out of their systems, CJITTY and what not. (And please don't get into an iPhone vs Android diatribe here) But I await the day I can trick out my user interface with more driver distraction goodies.
Old 03-22-14, 08:46 AM
BigWalt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I've waited, opted to get the PS Nav override first. All I want to is to control my ipod with factory controls & see the song name

Think I'll stick to my Sat radio till i find something that will do just that, I dont need weather or to mirror my phone.
Old 03-22-14, 01:54 PM
sarantis
Driver

BigWalt you don't need to wait. It does that very nicely as it is. Check out their website.
Old 03-22-14, 04:04 PM
BigWalt
Driver

Oh I know that, Just feel like I'll be buying something that has a bunch of extra features that I wouldnt use, However it would be nice to have the option. I dont have access to anyone here in Houston that has a unit installed to get an idea of its ease of use. I remember the Unit I had on my LS430 wasnt the most user friendly but it was also a different brand.
Old 03-23-14, 12:14 AM
sarantis
Driver

Ya it's really easy. Once it's up and running you just control your songs using the controllers on the steering wheel or via the touch screen interface. It's a very nice GUI they've put out there. I recommend it.
Old 03-23-14, 08:00 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have this unit it is a great add on. The update also added the setting icon on the bottom of the screen in app mode.
Old 03-23-14, 10:01 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Maybe I need to see what firmware is out there for my ivic android device. Haven't updated since I got it. I'm still having the random GPS signal loss on my oem nav. I guess I need to find a better ground..if that is really the issue or not. But plugging in my phone into the MHL and activating my ivic brings the oem nav GPS icon back within a couple minutes
Old 03-24-14, 07:34 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Maybe I need to see what firmware is out there for my ivic android device. Haven't updated since I got it. I'm still having the random GPS signal loss on my oem nav. I guess I need to find a better ground..if that is really the issue or not. But plugging in my phone into the MHL and activating my ivic brings the oem nav GPS icon back within a couple minutes
The update was from the app on the iPhone. So yeah you might want to check your apps on your phone.
Old 05-08-14, 09:36 AM
Travisbjr
Driver School Candidate

Default IVIC-5I Weather App

Does anyone know how to get the weather app (forecast) to update?