LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aux port in my 08

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 07:22 PM
hfahmy
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Also try DVD, see if it works. Good luck!
Old 04-27-14, 08:19 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Well the radio works just fine... So I don't think it's the amp. I can try another aux cable tomorrow but this one is brand new.
Yeah I'm thinking u need to pull the radio out and check your plugs. I'm guessing something is unplugged or not a good connection.
Old 04-27-14, 09:26 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Yeah I'm thinking u need to pull the radio out and check your plugs. I'm guessing something is unplugged or not a good connection.
Yea I'm thinking someone or previous owner uninstalled an aftermarket product and did not put things back to OEM specs. I would take to a trusted car audio shop or pull the head unit yourself like others mentioned to see what the deal is if you are good at trouble shooting.

Old 04-28-14, 09:49 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

At this stage I'm not excited to have to pull the center console apart as I've only had it for 2 days. Seller refuses to pay to diagnose the problem (shocker) so I'm not sure what to do from here.

It's very confusing based on what works and doesn't...

Thank you everyone for your advise thus far, it's greatly appreciated. I'm going to throw a Hail Mary and go buy another aux cable just in case... Will keep you posted.
Old 04-28-14, 10:10 AM
hfahmy
Instructor

If you are not comfortable pulling it out yourself, take it to the lexus dealer to diagnose the problem, it will probably be an hour labor ~$130. This will also impact the entertainment system in the back, BTW can u operate CDs/DVDs from the back controls?
Old 04-28-14, 11:10 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hfahmy
If you are not comfortable pulling it out yourself, take it to the lexus dealer to diagnose the problem, it will probably be an hour labor ~$130. This will also impact the entertainment system in the back, BTW can u operate CDs/DVDs from the back controls?
Well I pulled my ISF apart multiple times to fix the NAV. It's not that I'm uncomfortable pulling it apart, just hate pulling my new car apart! I guess I need to decide it it's worth $130 to have Lexus do it... Right now all I care about is the Aux working, don't have any CD's and all my music is on my iPhone.
Old 04-28-14, 11:16 AM
hfahmy
Instructor

I know how you feel, I also don't want to pull my new to me LS600hl apart to install BT streaming but in your case with things need fixing I would do it. It is pretty easy, 4 bolts and you are in there.Tee sent you the video, just follow the steps. You only need to pull the Mark Levenson out, you don't have to touch the NAV. The only trick is the inclined bolts holding the ML, make sure to use a towel to prevent losing them behind the floor carpet.
Old 04-28-14, 02:05 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Well I pulled the ML and checked all connections. Everything seemed fine. Checked the AUX connection and it seemed fine. Removed all plus and reinserted them just in case. No luck.

Inserted a DVD and nothing happened. Didn't play anything or provide sound, just kept going back to the CD that plays without sound. I tried Video and I tried DVD-R and neither gave me picture or sound. Now I am at a complete loss...
Old 04-28-14, 02:29 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
Well I pulled the ML and checked all connections. Everything seemed fine. Checked the AUX connection and it seemed fine. Removed all plus and reinserted them just in case. No luck.

Inserted a DVD and nothing happened. Didn't play anything or provide sound, just kept going back to the CD that plays without sound. I tried Video and I tried DVD-R and neither gave me picture or sound. Now I am at a complete loss...
Did you remove the nav screen?
Old 04-28-14, 02:33 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

No I didn't remove it. Should I have?
Old 04-28-14, 02:37 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
No I didn't remove it. Should I have?
Yes because the plugs are coming from the rear of the navi unit also. I would check the whole thing out. Make sure the plugs are secure.
Old 04-28-14, 03:19 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Yes because the plugs are coming from the rear of the navi unit also. I would check the whole thing out. Make sure the plugs are secure.
Damn it! 5 posts up I was told I didn't need to! I guess I'll pull it back apart
Old 04-28-14, 05:34 PM
hfahmy
Instructor

At this time I am thinking the ML head, if there is a problem in the connection to the NAV it would not show FM stations/HDD/CD. $699 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS460-LS600H-MARK-LEVINSON-RADIO-STEREO-AUDIO-CD-DVD-PLAYER-CHANGER-HYBRID-/181140243990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALS460&hash=item2a2cccc616&vxp=mtr
U can reuse the wood trim cover as it comes out.
Old 04-28-14, 05:36 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
Damn it! 5 posts up I was told I didn't need to! I guess I'll pull it back apart
Good luck. I'm sure you will get it.
Old 04-28-14, 07:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hfahmy
At this time I am thinking the ML head, if there is a problem in the connection to the NAV it would not show FM stations/HDD/CD. $699 on ebay Video Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS460-LS600H-MARK-LEVINSON-RADIO-STEREO-AUDIO-CD-DVD-PLAYER-CHANGER-HYBRID-/181140243990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALS460&hash=item2a2cccc616&vxp=mtr U can reuse the wood trim cover as it comes out.
My concern is that if it is the ML then why was I not seeing anything on my tv screen? Granted I'm not well versed on operating the tv, but I tried every option it gave me and the movie never appeared on the screen.

I'm hesitant to throw $700 at the problem if that isn't it. Almost considering paying Lexus a diagnostic charge to see if they can better pinpoint the issue before I throw money at parts.

Quick Reply: Aux port in my 08