LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brand new to forum, advice puuulease

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 01:54 PM
byronchild
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update as I'm trolling both dealers. Both vehicles are the deep blue exterior (not black)
Old 06-10-14, 06:55 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by byronchild
Update as I'm trolling both dealers. Both vehicles are the deep blue exterior (not black)
The official color name is Black Sapphire Pearl, I loved the color when owned my SWB. On overcast/night car looks black and in the sun dark blue. The guys have giving you sound advice so far, looks like they are twins far as packages and neither has dynamic cruise. You really need to dive into both car histories for what work is done and how well maintained they were. If you can visit both cars for a test drive and visual inspection do it, also whichever one you decide I would have a it inspected by a Lexus dealer. I bought my SWB from Park Place Lexus in Plano TX so you might be able to take it there, if not hire an independent inspector.
Old 06-10-14, 08:37 PM
Persocon
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Grapevine one:
has tinted windows already, could save some money there
has better front end condition as another member mentioned.
BUT has front plate drilled into bumper (just my fetish, you might not care)

Addison one:
no tinted windows
no drilled front bumper (OOPS it is drilled as well, had screen brightness turned down), I would run a plate holder that attaches into the tow hook location for a cleaner look, and may not even run a front plate until I get a ticket and then get the tow hook plate holder.

Last edited by Persocon; 06-10-14 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-11-14, 04:33 AM
byronchild
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all!!! Aaaargh.....Vehicle 1 just sold (the better example, I think). I'll keep looking.
I think the right example is worth the extra drive and trip.
Hopefully an even better one will come along.
Thank you for all of the insight. This forum is great. I'm glad I don't have to be an owner (yet) to be a member.
Old 06-11-14, 05:03 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by byronchild
...This forum is great. I'm glad I don't have to be an owner (yet) to be a member...
You got that right! The lexusownersclub forms are dreary with not as much activity, and this forum compared to some is so much more mature without say, middle school kids in it!

Last edited by peteybabes; 06-11-14 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-11-14, 06:43 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 310 Likes on 269 Posts

Don't rush - there are plenty of good cars out there:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ce-on-car.html

Just be patient.
Old 06-11-14, 07:45 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Half of the fun is in the hunt! Take your time and find the perfect LS before you leap. My main advice would be to closely scrutinize the service history on the MyLexus web site (using the VIN). I've found CarFax to be extremely unreliable--too many ways to have major repair work done and not reported to CarFax.

Decide what is most important to you... RWD vs AWD, Air Ride suspension vs Coils, Mark Levinson vs Standard stereo, Extended vs Short wheel base, etc.... There are pro's and con's for each of these choices, as you'll read about in this forum.

If you stretch your price range up to around $40K, strongly consider a LS600hL instead of a LS460. I purchased a CPO LS460 AWD (33K miles) from Lexus of Omaha in April for $40,800, then almost immediately decided what I REALLY wanted was all the cool features of the LS600hL. Lexus of Omaha was great to work with, and gave me nearly all of my money back on the LS460 when I found the perfect LS600 at McGrath Lexus in Chicago. Lexus of Omaha basically bought the car for me, had it shipped to Omaha, thoroughly inspected and Certified the car, and allowed me to trade up for very little additional cost. Big kudos to them for how well they treated me, and I'm extremely pleased with the LS600 so far.

Bottom line to my little story is to be sure you get everything you want before making the leap! Best of luck to you in your fun search!
Old 06-12-14, 06:23 AM
byronchild
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much, all. My earlier 2 deals came unwound. Currently looking at this white over saddle about 2 hours away in Katy, TX.

The posting is thin on details but the sales rep says it has park assist and the smart cruise control so it should be fairly well equipped. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Don't want to make the drive for nothing. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-460L-4-6L-V8-NAVIGATION-63K-MILES-/131212085939?forcerrptr=true&item=131212085939
Old 06-12-14, 06:27 AM
byronchild
Driver School Candidate

Seeing that earlier posting from the guy that got the CPO AWD for close to the same money, this one seems pricey. We're $2.5k apart right now in my dealings with them....they say there's no more room to move. I think I should stick to my guns. Thoughts?
Old 06-12-14, 06:40 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No way!

that car's the perfect color combination, with a few more options than the other two you showed us, and. . .it has those beautiful rims that my car has! i have never seen them on any other LS!
Old 06-12-14, 07:40 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Plusses: Air suspension, Mark Levinson, "existing warranty" (? remember, CPO is not transferable)
Minusses: 3 previous owners.

Check the VIN for service history on lexusowners.com before you make the drive down there.
Old 06-12-14, 08:44 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Its a nice car but with 3 previous owners it just makes me wonder what are the issues with this car,if you are serious about purchasing this vehicle do a thorough background check ( Lexus.com). Also im not sure about CPO transferring like sktn77a mention. One other thing this car does not come equipped with smart cruise which is dynamic radar cruise ( i was able to tell by the front [B]L[ emblem on the car and the dummy panel on the right side of the steering wheel)/B] But everything else looks to be straight
Old 06-12-14, 09:25 AM
RodT
Pole Position

I put the car VIN in Lexus.com and im not sure if it was in an accident or what but i see on 6-25-09 the car went into the shop for paint, body, mechanic, and unibody work. This is something that i was ask a Lexus dealer specifically about in full details.
Old 06-12-14, 10:57 AM
byronchild
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to all of you. Heresy, I know, but there's an 11 Equus with 36k mileage and the Exec pack (no middle third seat, has the fridge and entertainment center instead) that I've got for an overnight test drive.
Basically, the same money. And it has every doo dad known to man.
Am I banned?
Old 06-12-14, 10:58 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RodT
I put the car VIN in Lexus.com and im not sure if it was in an accident or what but i see on 6-25-09 the car went into the shop for paint, body, mechanic, and unibody work.
I'd pass on this one. "unibody work" = frame damage.

Quick Reply: Brand new to forum, advice puuulease