LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013+ Lexus LS Leasing Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-14, 01:26 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts
Default 2013+ Lexus LS Leasing Information Thread

Ok, I have been searching and digging around for a good minute here looking for some actual numbers. I found a few scattered around, but I am considering a lease for the first time in my life.

I was hoping we can get some information posted from you current lessee's similar to the great feedback going on in the GS Forum. The prices are all over the place..some are far less than I would of ever expected for a new GS F Sport. Lets see if we can replicate this info here to help other LS Members. If you have a link to a thread in the LS forum, just copy and paste that thread link in this thread.

Here is that link for the GS examples: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...deal-good.html

I realize some folks may not be willing to provide all the intimate details on their deal, but if you can at least share basics like Month Term, Miles Per Year, Payment, Down Pymt if any, that would be helpful. Let's help fellow members like me out so we can all get great deals. If you have a good salesperson that you want to help get more business, share the name and location of dealership as well. Copy and paste template below or if you are more comfortable with highlights of your deal, please share however is most comfortable for you

MAIN INFORMATION

Vehicle:
(Year) Lexus LS (Specific Model) ex F Sport, Base, LWB, AWD, etc

Month Term:
(12/24/27/36 etc)

Miles Per Year

Down Payment (If any):

First Payment Out The Door (with Tax/Tag/Etc):

Monthly Payment including Tax::

Sales Price

NICE TO HAVE INFORMATION

MSRP:

Rebate (lease special & 1st payment):

Net Cap:

Base:

Base with tax ?% tax:

Money Factor: 0.00xx

Residual: percent/amount

Last edited by CJITTY; 06-24-14 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-24-14, 05:10 PM
GXtoGStoLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CJITTY, if you can swing the one-pay lease, it saves an incredible amount of money. I believe the savings was about $12-15K in total lease expense on my 27-month lease on my 2014 SWB LS with an $89K sticker. I can't remember what the final price was we paid off the top of my head, but the one-pay lease is the way to go if you have the cash on hand.

My super salesperson recommendation is Maury Erbay at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. We have bought several cars from him, and he's a straight shooter and a heck of a nice guy.
Old 06-24-14, 07:15 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GXtoGStoLS
CJITTY, if you can swing the one-pay lease, it saves an incredible amount of money. I believe the savings was about $12-15K in total lease expense on my 27-month lease on my 2014 SWB LS with an $89K sticker. I can't remember what the final price was we paid off the top of my head, but the one-pay lease is the way to go if you have the cash on hand.

My super salesperson recommendation is Maury Erbay at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. We have bought several cars from him, and he's a straight shooter and a heck of a nice guy.
Hmm..interesting. I need to look into this and see what pros and cons are
Old 06-26-14, 08:07 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

I guess the GS folks are a little more willing to provide info. Is anyone with a 13 or 14 LS is willing to share details of their lease to help others??
Old 06-26-14, 10:33 AM
GXtoGStoLS
Driver School Candidate

CJITTY, I don't have the exact numbers, but it was very close to $25,000 for a 27-month one-pay lease on my 2014 SWB LS 460 with luxury package (the one with the a little over $89K sticker). So, that's fairly close to $1,000 per month. It included 15,000 miles per year as I drive a good number of miles per year for business. We went with 27 months based on the Lexus dealer's estimation of when the next-generation LS will arrive. At the time of purchase, which was the middle of March 2014, they estimated it would be about 21 months until the new generation would be available, though it's anybody's guess if that will be accurate. At any rate, I don't need the new generation the day it comes out by any means, but I wanted to have the choice available within the year following the release.

I hope more people will give you some information. I think most of us are afraid of seeing that we might not have gotten as good of a deal as someone else. This site has been a real education for me, and the next time I buy a Lexus, I feel I will be even more armed to play the car dealer game. Even the ones who don't play games still play games, if you know what I mean. I really appreciate all the great information that is shared here on ClubLexus.
Old 06-26-14, 12:24 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

CJITTY, I don't have the exact numbers, but it was very close to $25,000 for a 27-month one-pay lease on my 2014 SWB LS 460 with luxury package (the one with the a little over $89K sticker). So, that's fairly close to $1,000 per month. It included 15,000 miles per year as I drive a good number of miles per year for business. We went with 27 months based on the Lexus dealer's estimation of when the next-generation LS will arrive. At the time of purchase, which was the middle of March 2014, they estimated it would be about 21 months until the new generation would be available, though it's anybody's guess if that will be accurate. At any rate, I don't need the new generation the day it comes out by any means, but I wanted to have the choice available within the year following the release.

I hope more people will give you some information. I think most of us are afraid of seeing that we might not have gotten as good of a deal as someone else. This site has been a real education for me, and the next time I buy a Lexus, I feel I will be even more armed to play the car dealer game. Even the ones who don't play games still play games, if you know what I mean. I really appreciate all the great information that is shared here on ClubLexus.
Thanks for your reply, that is good info. If you see the GS thread, they are putting it all out there. Some are getting deals below 400 a month while others over 600. I understand folks may be a little on the edge about talking about finances. Some folks are even funny about saying they leased vs purchased, but these days leases are way more common. The LS group has far less people too, so I'll just wait and see what folks come back with. I was just offered 599 with zero down for a 15K mile per year lease on a GS F Sport, but my heart is telling me to wait for an LS F Sport. LWB is nice, but since I have one now and only use it for additional cargo space, it isn't that high of a priority anymore.
Old 06-26-14, 12:35 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks for your reply, that is good info. If you see the GS thread, they are putting it all out there. Some are getting deals below 400 a month while others over 600. I understand folks may be a little on the edge about talking about finances. Some folks are even funny about saying they leased vs purchased, but these days leases are way more common. The LS group has far less people too, so I'll just wait and see what folks come back with. I was just offered 599 with zero down for a 15K mile per year lease on a GS F Sport, but my heart is telling me to wait for an LS F Sport. LWB is nice, but since I have one now and only use it for additional cargo space, it isn't that high of a priority anymore.
Are you going to get rid of your LS600hL when/if you lease a new LS, CJITTY, or keep them both?

I've done basically nothing BUT lease for the past 12 years, and have found some incredible deals on very nice cars in the past. Lexus leases have historically not been all that competitive, but it seems like there's a big push on them right now. Lexus of Omaha advertised a 24-month lease on an ES350 this weekend for $319 per month (w/$999 down). The lease only allowed 7,500 miles per year, which wouldn't work for most people, but at least the price was great. You won't see advertised specials on the LS's, but there may be some nice deals to be had via Lexus corporate support (high residuals, low money factors, internal rebates, etc.).
Old 06-26-14, 01:39 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by riknchar
Are you going to get rid of your LS600hL when/if you lease a new LS, CJITTY, or keep them both?

I've done basically nothing BUT lease for the past 12 years, and have found some incredible deals on very nice cars in the past. Lexus leases have historically not been all that competitive, but it seems like there's a big push on them right now. Lexus of Omaha advertised a 24-month lease on an ES350 this weekend for $319 per month (w/$999 down). The lease only allowed 7,500 miles per year, which wouldn't work for most people, but at least the price was great. You won't see advertised specials on the LS's, but there may be some nice deals to be had via Lexus corporate support (high residuals, low money factors, internal rebates, etc.).
Thanks! I would sell my 600 and then lease. Never have leased before. But if you look at the GS thread I posted about leases, folks are getting GS F Sports for as low as $395 a month in one case. Most are in the mid to high 400 range with little to no money down and 12k to 15k a year mileage. Unless those folks are telling tales, those are some incredible deals. But I want to stay LS, but don't want to sell my soul to make it happen. I'm ok with some money down, but I was quoted $12K down to get a $799 lease on a LS460 Base...uh, no thanks!!
Old 06-26-14, 02:40 PM
LexFather

Hey dude, the GS has a ton of factory support right now compared to the LS, so the GS deals will be much better. The LS deals simply are not as juicy. I believe the national LS lease is $799 a month with around 6k down with a MSRP of 77k or so. There also are more GS buyers so that forum will be busier with more feedback.

Usually incentives for F-sports are less since those vehicles are more in demand. Of course some dealers have a ton of LS's in stock and will be more willing to negotiate around Invoice.

Lexus Financial needs a beacon score of 720 or at least around 700 and a "vouch" from their Finance Manager and you get the best rates.

I fully expect it to be a true time to buy at the end of the year as Lexus goes for the sales crown. After being out of the race the last 2 years they are very much back in the hunt with BMW/Benz.
Old 06-26-14, 02:56 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Yup, end of year is always a good time to make some moves. But with broker connects, getting a 2013 LS through auction within factory warranty and I can do extended warranty and be good that way too. USAA offers a "wrap" warranty now that they backup. No deductible and can be used anywhere including dealer. They match the factory powertrain warranty in most cases so you only pay on that part. For our new Durango, I paid $875 to turn my 3/36 warranty into 5yr/100K. Dodge handles powertrain and my USAA backed warranty covers the rest. Awesome deal. Some recent auction deals for LS460s are for example...

$64K, White, 15K miles, Above Avg Cond
$53K, White, 2K miles, Below Av Cond
Not sure if F Sports, doubt it, but they will filter through Manheim eventually.

Good problems to have either way lol
Old 06-28-14, 01:20 PM
ServiceGuy
Driver

that sounds pretty unbelieveable that you can save 12k on a 27 month lease.

i will need to look into this.

you have any other info? thas like saving $444/month on the low end 12k savings.
Old 06-30-14, 11:36 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As info, my dealer has been asking me to come in so they can give me some numbers on the lease thing, there really trying to get me in a 2015 RX. I just got my 08 in jan for close to 23K, had 105, now 108 on it, all records, runs like new, but maybe its time to take her back to the dealer so she can serve someone else proud. I'd like to have a bike rack, but may just get a beater, I'll give everyone the details if I go that route. The GS F sport seems a lot more fun. I may rent one for a couple days and see how it feels.
Old 07-01-14, 03:47 AM
Nospinzone

Received 420 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by shrikelex
The GS F sport seems a lot more fun. I may rent one for a couple days and see how it feels.
I bet you could talk your dealer into an extended weekend test drive for free!
Old 07-01-14, 11:49 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeh, not too much on lease deals for the LS.

Local GS350 lease special is $359/month with about $3000 down and 27 months with the first month free.

I have to be honest I've had the same thought about moving to a brand new car for half the monthly payment, but you will be giving away a lot for the smaller car. And remember, when you are leasing you don't own the vehicle and you can't use the car as collateral for example.
Old 07-01-14, 09:10 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good point, maybe better to hold on the the LS then. But for me at 108K miles, by next year I may be at 125 or so, I'm going lose a lot of value. I'm keeping for 1-3 more months then selling, unless I make my money back, I think the dealer wants my LS so they can try to sell again for 23. Of course I'll have to remove the newer LED tails and Sport rims unless they want to compensate me for that. I like the ideal of new, but not at the cost of giving up the flagship/space shuttle LS lol.

Last edited by shrikelex; 07-01-14 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 2013+ Lexus LS Leasing Information Thread