LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sorry but I have to ask , how many of you are still HAPPY with your LS460???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-15, 05:06 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I know this is really going to bother some LS430 trolls, but I have put 26k miles on my LS460 since September and I haven't had one single problem. Not one. I'm at 100k miles and the thing runs like its brand new - and I have the "dreaded" 07 LS460. The horror!
If you played the lottery you would lose.
Old 06-26-15, 05:14 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by cquence
You are right and the noise is a result of the Brembo brakes being so large and not heating up enough. You can try to switch to a ceramic pad as a semi-metallic brake pad is what came standard. Best wishes!
Another fine point about performance braking. They suck at braking until you get heat in them. You will never get them hot enough on the street because you will keep cooling them down.

In reality they will stop just fine but will not stop exceptionally better unless you are hitting a deep set of banks. There are only a handful of roads in North America that would warrant these kind of brakes.
Performance calipers are also more prone for issues as well.
Switching to a street pad that has lower thermal properties would work but then you lose out on the better braking performance.
It's a complete contradiction on so many levels.
This is Brembo's fault for painting their calipers red on their race cars.
Old 06-27-15, 07:00 AM
btexprs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a brake pad that fits into the Brembo brake set? I've heard that ceramic Akebono brakes can eliminate the problem but I have yet to find anyone that sells the pads for the F-Sport Brembo brake system.
Old 06-29-15, 09:58 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
This is an interesting thread. It would be revealing and much more accurate for LS460 owners who do NOT have a Lexus warranty to comment on their happiness and the amount of money they are spending to keep the car in shape. I have a feeling majority of you here have or plan on purchasing the extended warranty considering it is mentioned in threads all the time. It is only me that sees that this is a problem? If everyone is saying don't buy one without a warranty there seems to be a disconnect regarding what reliability actually means.
I have had five (5) Lexus cars, most LS-400 and LS-430's. Those were the BEST. They screwed up the LS-460 in my opinion. Mine needed all lower control arm bushings at UNDER 40,000 miles at the tuneof $5,000. It had the amplifier go out at just over 30,000 miles for $1,700. Now, my XM Radio and other channels have crapped out and the XM won't work hardly at all. THANK GOODNESS I bought a LEXUS PLATINUM WARRANTY after I bought the Extended warranty from Toby River at Shreveport/Bosier CIty Louisiana Toyota/Lexus CHEAP. 0 Deductible and it paid for ALL the repairs at NO COST TO ME. I would not drive a LS-460 around the block unless I was a mechanic, and I'm not. There are too many electronics and other bells and whistles to go wrong. Nice ride MOST THE TIME. If you buy one still under FACTORY WARRANTY, call Toby Rivers and buy your EXTENDED LEXUS WARRANTY. It's well worth the money.
Old 06-29-15, 10:18 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Carnut
I have had five (5) Lexus cars, most LS-400 and LS-430's. Those were the BEST. They screwed up the LS-460 in my opinion. Mine needed all lower control arm bushings at UNDER 40,000 miles at the tuneof $5,000. It had the amplifier go out at just over 30,000 miles for $1,700. Now, my XM Radio and other channels have crapped out and the XM won't work hardly at all. THANK GOODNESS I bought a LEXUS PLATINUM WARRANTY after I bought the Extended warranty from Toby River at Shreveport/Bosier CIty Louisiana Toyota/Lexus CHEAP. 0 Deductible and it paid for ALL the repairs at NO COST TO ME. I would not drive a LS-460 around the block unless I was a mechanic, and I'm not. There are too many electronics and other bells and whistles to go wrong. Nice ride MOST THE TIME. If you buy one still under FACTORY WARRANTY, call Toby Rivers and buy your EXTENDED LEXUS WARRANTY. It's well worth the money.
Is my car screwed. I haven't had one problem with it and I have no warranty. Prior to my ownership the previous owner did not have one problem with it.
There are a few owners here with over 100k miles without any problems or a few with minimum repairs.
How is that possible. Do you think you got a lemon. Do you think LS400 and 430 lemons are out there or is that not possible.
Do you think the high reliability ratings from various publication are fabricated based on your experience.
Old 06-29-15, 10:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

This thread has run its course. Let's move on folks.