LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-16, 04:05 PM
myroncuz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GR6RR
lower headrest? the bar the you use to move the back position front or back, push down on it.
it doesn't work. see, im getting different responses. you said push down, others saying there is a circle by the headrest which I have to push in order to have the headrest go down but its nowhere in sight. also, my rear seats have "motorized" headrest which go up and down with the push of a button so I don't see why the front shouldn't be the same and there isn't a button for that....... sigh...
Old 08-19-16, 04:53 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

- General Location: Houston, TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: cars, music, dancing, gardening, travel
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: One of the nicknames for my dobermann
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2010 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Was debating between an LS or another Lexus (CT or ES) until I drove the LS.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Hold feature because I sit in traffic.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: nothing really
- What I Love About My LS The Most: One of the best transmissions in any Lexus.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: nothing really
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I am the one who stacks the cups in the break room from the floor up to the ceiling so nobody can get any of them out.
Old 08-22-16, 01:26 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That switch... with the headrest and arrow point up and down, does not work?...
Old 08-22-16, 01:32 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

It definitely should work to change the height of the headrest. Check the owner's manual for details. I can't remember, but the passenger headrest may also be powered. If it works, you have a broken motor or fuse.
Old 08-22-16, 11:38 PM
myroncuz
Rookie

Omg.. fml. You know, I'm not even at my car and I think I just made a fool of myself... ill just say that I assumed that button only reclined back and forth... i guess that button goes up and down too lol. Thanks guys, you da best... the manual I thought didn't apply to me cuz I didn't know I had the button. Ok, flame on
Old 08-23-16, 09:25 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ROFL. Now you got nothing to hate about your car...
Old 08-23-16, 07:11 PM
myroncuz
Rookie

Originally Posted by gr6rr
rofl. Now you got nothing to hate about your car...
😅😅ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘👌👌👌👌ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
Old 09-06-16, 07:11 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

- General Location: Fort Worth TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Reading, traveling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Nickname with Lex added
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2010 460 LWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 1990 but it took me a long time to get one.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: well, since it is a Lexus, all of it.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: parking assist, kind of fiddly but I am still working with it😉
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: nothing
- What I Love About My LS The Most: the quality of the build
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I didn't get one sooner

Old 09-09-16, 12:16 PM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

- General Location: TX
- Year and LS Model I own: 2013 F Sport
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: After owning a 2013 ISF for 3 years, I wanted something more comfortable.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Mark Levinson
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
I already have Magnaflow catback exhaust
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It being an "old man car" makes me fly under the radar compared to the ISF. Also people let me in when I turn on my turn indicator at the last minute. With the F, I had to sieze it.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Could use more insulation, comfort, and power to compete against the S class. Indeed price would increase, but I would rather all this on a Lexus since.... reliability.... and they would do it right.

What I really want is the LS600h SWB F Sport that they have in Europe. I love the LS600HL, want F Sport tuned suspension, but I don't want the extra length

Old 10-15-16, 06:11 PM
OldnSlow
Driver School Candidate

- General Location: Southern California
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, History, Genealogy, Freemasonry, Volunteering, Tech gadgets
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Saw someone else with it on another board long ago and thought I'd go stealth - now I are one !
- Year and LS Model I own (want): own LS600h - bought for my father 5 or 6 years ago, but he had to stop driving......
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I remember when they first announced and, having a Prius, was impressed with the hybrid technology and the LED headlights. When it was time to get Dad an LS that he wanted I talked him into letting me get him a 600 so I could "inherit" it eventually :-P. He previously had a 1990 LS400 which he loved. He really loved the 600, and always volunteered to chauffeur his friends.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: First car that I drove with Adaptive Cruise Control - have not bought a car since without it.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The confirmation button on the NAV system.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Bluetooth Audio
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride and comfort, just makes you feel pampered, turns a bad day into a smile.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing really, maybe that the cruise control max speed is low compared to my other cars, and no bluetooth audio yet
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a shy extrovert. at one time our family had 4 Lexus. I'm following the LC500h and LC FC (driving a Mirai now too). Oh - and I've put the 600hl up for sale on ebay :-) I can never stop at one thing :-)

Last edited by OldnSlow; 10-15-16 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 04:54 PM
salesguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: Southeast
- Occupation: Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions and Asset Management
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Watches, Cars, swimming/running/cycling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Been using the same tired username for years, probably time for a new one
- Year and LS Model I own (want): new owner of 2013 LS460 F-sport. Next one might be an L...
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I've always longed for the big boy of the lexus lineup. Once I test drove one I new I had to have the vault-like LS
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: power trunk, love it
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Navigation, sucks that it doesn't integrate at all to my phone. Makes it nearly useless.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Carplay
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Rock solid-ness of the entire package
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing at all
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I had a very rare pituitary tumor and had neurosurgery to correct it. A friend of mine who is a biomed rep sold the hospital and head surgeon the entire rig they used on me - over $2m of equipment the year before!
Old 10-19-16, 05:05 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

- General Location: NJ
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Home improvement, food, cars, food, and food
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I think it's obvious
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 Regular wheelbase
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: After I owned just about all the other Lexus models.....
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Can't remember because not much is OEM.....LOL
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Same as above....
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: 997 Turbo
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It's paid off.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: It's rarely driven.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm older than most folks here.
Old 10-21-16, 12:35 PM
KKRlexus
Driver

- General Location: Central Jersey
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Electronics, Weights, Football
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Initials
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 09' 460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 1st Test Drive
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: M.L. & Air Suspension
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: None
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Upgraded Infotainment
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The Quietness & Smoothness of the Ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I Design Circuits for a State Agency
Old 10-21-16, 01:16 PM
happyhood
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location:
chicago area
- Hobbies/Special Interests: cars/ great food / travel
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: my neighbors happy, i'm happy
- Year and LS Model I own (want): own 2010
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I was helping on a sema build LS from Fizz autosports
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: headlights turn when you turn, cool to see the movement
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: headlight washer nozzle, car is clean then washer fluid all over the car
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: too many to list, but aftermarket air system
- What I Love About My LS The Most: it's big and bold present
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: it's big and bold to park in the city LOL
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: can never leave anything stock....
Old 10-22-16, 06:42 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

- General Location: Forth Worth, TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Travel by wheel, pinball machines, computers, and I'm a hard-core gearhead
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Back in the early-90's a guy I worked with heard me jammin' to some MC Hammer when we were leaving, and there ya go.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 460 L (also have a 2002 RX300 AWD in the stable)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Ten minutes into the test drive, I asked my wife where the nearest bank was.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Soft close doors, just because it's so freakin' cool!
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Being locked out of rolling up all the windows/sunroof via the remote "key"
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Let me close the trunk from inside or via the remote
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It's a killer Q-ship
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: What the engine bay looks like with all the plastic removed...it's just not right, at all!
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: When leaving the parking lot at work, it's me with the Parliament/Funkadelic/Chic/EWF/Sister Sledge cranked with the windows open! Also, I know the lyrics to most pop songs from 1955-1992. I stopped listening to new music, mostly, after '92 (there are a few exceptions).

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)