LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Words I thought I'd never hear (from my wife)...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-15, 06:48 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Words I thought I'd never hear (from my wife)...

My wife had to work late, and I had to pick up the little monkeys. So, I delivered the LS to her office and picked-up the family truckster.

When she came home, I asked my usual questions: did you hit any potholes?, did you have any issues pulling into the garage?, etc., you know, the standard stuff.

Most importantly, I asked "how was it?", something I've been asking for years, for this and the 460L.

Her response: "It was a delight." This was a first.

Watching my reaction, she said "really, it is a pleasure to drive. It is so smooth and soothing. I can see why you like taking your long drives."

She has finally seen the light.
Old 04-13-15, 07:45 PM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Haha, my Wife was mad at me for buying the car without telling her, then the first ride almost lulled her to sleep and she said she loved it. She named the car "Precious".
Old 04-14-15, 02:52 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine started taking the car to work a few times a week, depending who is picking up and dropping off our daughter to day care.

She also loves the car. At first I would always ask to park carefully. Seek out the biggest spot on the parking lot, away from everyone .
After a few months I stopped asking. I know she is a careful driver, and I can't stop the morons around her from being morons .

Prior to buying this car, I took her to Lexus and let her sit in the back of L and regular. She said regular one is plenty comfy in the back and same in the front. So I got a swb. My first choice .

And here I thought I bough a car that would be in a garage Monday through Friday . A weekend queen. I take subway to work .

Last edited by tbilisi79; 04-14-15 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-14-15, 05:12 AM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Once in a great while when her car is in the shop for the day she takes my car. Her comments are always the same, "that car is so smooth, so quiet, so powerful". And in winter she just loves, loves, LOVES the heated steering wheel!
Old 04-14-15, 07:35 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Her response: "It was a delight." This was a first.
Someone is going to be driving the LS more . . .

When I told my wife I was ready to upgrade from the 430 to the 460 she thought I was crazy. Told me I wouldn't find anything better. Even so, she was totally on board when I found my car some 190 miles away. When she saw the car for the first time, her eyes lit up. When we got inside, the massive differences were the clincher. As we drove off towards home, she said, "Now I see why your were so excited to upgrade."
Old 04-14-15, 08:18 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 507 Likes on 385 Posts

Almost daily, my wife asks me when I'm going to upgrade so that she can have mine. She wants out of her Beemer.
Old 04-14-15, 08:40 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Almost daily, my wife asks me when I'm going to upgrade so that she can have mine. She wants out of her Beemer.
That's great! It would have been so much easier to convince my wife last summer when I made the switch.

On a separate note, we pulled into the garage the other day, and the dialogue with my 5-year-old son went as follows:

-Daddy, I don't like this car.
-What do you mean?
-I like your other car better.
-You mean, the blue one?
-Yes.

I'm scratching my head...
-But buddy, this car is identical to the other one. If anything, it is a bit nicer, because you get to watch Paw Patrol on the screen.
-Hmmm. I like the blue one better because it looked more like my car.
(He refers to LX as HIS car, and it's black).
-So what can we do to get you to like this car?
-Uhhhh.... Paint it blue.

The things kids say... And unfortunately, I can't yet explain CVT and electric motors/instant torque to him. To him the change was a complete downgrade. And I thought I was doing something nice for my midlife crisis...
Old 04-14-15, 10:20 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

It could be the LS is an effeminate car. Nothing wrong with that except for those that feel the need to man up.
Old 04-14-15, 12:28 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

My wife paid me a big complement on my LS when she first road in it. She said, and I quote, ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

And I thought that was spectacular because usually it's one complaint after another.

She's got a nephew getting married in about a month. It's either happening nowhere or in Kansas, could be both. Either way, it's nearly a 13 hour ride.

We have a Honda Oddity and the LS (and a few other vehicles in the fleet). I'd like to take the LS. But the way the wife and sons are, we'll open the doors in Kansas and combos and snicker bar wrappers will pour out of the car from 3 out of 4 open doors. They'll think nothing of it. There'll be combos ground into the carpet, and wedged into the seat bite line. And up front, the cup-holders will be full of change, gum wrappers and napkins so that they are of no use to hold cups. Plus, I'll have to sleep on the hotel floor because she will be mad at me for the "yeah-right" look on my face when she asks if she can drive.

So if we all go, I'll guess we'll take the Oddity.

7milesout
Old 04-14-15, 12:52 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

LOL!!!
Great guys with great stories!
I have a few things to add..

My daughter, like yours caha14, is pretty young herself, as she just turned 5 last month.
As I've stated on here in the past, before purchasing the LS-which is Black Sapphire Pearl, my daily driver was (and still kind of is) a white 2000 Honda Accord 2DR V6 with 180K on the dash.
My wife leaves before my daughter and I do, so I drop her off at school before I head into work.
The LS is parked in the garage and the Honda-outside.
Almost every morning, my daughter says to me:
"Daddy...which car as we going to take today?"
Usually I respond with "The white car"
She then responds with...
"Awww....not again! I hate the white car! Its old and it just doesn't look nice! I wish we could just drive the blue car all the time! I love the blue car, but I don't love the white car!"

Again..the things kids say!

Lastly, as I stated above, my wife leaves before I do in the morning. Her daily driver is a Honda Pilot.
She took last Wed. off to handle some things and it was a beautiful day out. She sends me a text telling me she's going to run a few errands and asked if I wanted anything. I replied no and told her if she wanted to, she could go ahead and drive the LS. She says: "No that's your car, your baby, so no, thanks, but no thanks."
I responded and said: "I didn't say you could make it your daily driver, I just thought you'd like to enjoy the day and relax and take a drive. As long as your careful and mindful (which she normally is-just messy) I don't mind, its just a car, but be careful."
She never responded back...
The next morning when my daughter and I went to leave out of the garage, the LS was gone. I laughed to myself as well as out loud!
She thinks im a bit obsessed with the car and finds subtle humor in the fact that I have an "LS family" amidst this forum.
Quiet as its kept, because she'll never openly admit it, I think she enjoys and likes the car more than I do!
Old 04-14-15, 01:33 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Words I thought I'd never say.... poor you married guys LOL

Good things made better being shared! Thanks for the wonderful stories guys
Old 04-14-15, 03:33 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

My wife thinks my car is so smooth and powerful as well, but she doesn't enjoy driving it because she thinks she'll crack it up because it's too big.
Old 04-14-15, 03:44 PM
chylde7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, looks like it might be hers now.
Old 04-15-15, 06:13 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtent
Words I thought I'd never say.... poor you married guys LOL

Good things made better being shared! Thanks for the wonderful stories guys
When someone tells me they're engaged, I always reply with, "my condolences." And I mean it too. sprtent - Unless you're lucky, you'll suffer the same wrath some day as well.

Originally Posted by Doublebase
My wife thinks my car is so smooth and powerful as well, but she doesn't enjoy driving it because she thinks she'll crack it up because it's too big.
That's a good position to be in. I recommend you not try to convince her otherwise.

My wife only considers the car to be as long as from what she can see out the windshield to the seat she rides on.
Old 04-15-15, 06:13 PM
dfrosch
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase

Saw this quote somewhere...

"Just remember, Bruce Jenner never had a wreck until he became a woman"

Quick Reply: Words I thought I'd never hear (from my wife)...