LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Looking to Leave Audi and Join Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 07:33 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
In the USA, for the LS460L, the advanced pre-collision was added as an option in 2010. For the LS600h, it was on the 2008 launch edition and (I think) available on 2009 and later models.
LKA wasn't on the US launch 2008 models because of some interference with/from the LED headlights I believe.
Old 05-05-15, 03:17 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by enoch861
Reached a deal with them. Hopefully when I go to pick up the car in the morning everything looks good. Can't wait!

My local Credit Union quoted me that much. There's practically no reason not to get it at that price. The Silver plan is only 680 bucks for 36 months 36k.
Advance congrats on the purchase. Sure you will enjoy the car.
Old 05-05-15, 01:17 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Picked her up today and 337 miles later, she's home!
Phenomenal ride coming home although I did hear some brake clicking when braking.
On thing that shocked me was that I got 29.6 MPG the whole entire way cruising at 80MPH. From a full tank after all those miles, the gauge says I have half a tank left. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but that's some crazy good gas mileage!

Here's a quick picture I took (it's kind of dirty):
Old 05-05-15, 01:28 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

Congratulations! Great mileage too.
Old 05-05-15, 02:21 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

Congrats!!

As for the mileage, it doesn't surprise me one bit, I get that and more (slowing to 70 mph). Best I've recorded was 32 mpg
Old 05-06-15, 01:19 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Absolutely LOVE that color!
Great job and major congrats on the new purchase!
Old 05-06-15, 01:24 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

I think I've found the perfect LS 460: http://application.gustman.com/detai...BL46F375042841
Low mileage, price looks good, color is awesome.
The only thing standing out is the fact that the car wasn't driven for 2 years. I believe less than 500 miles since 2013... Not sure why it would have been parked for so long. I guess in the LS what else should I take a look at knowing that it's been practically sitting for so long?
Fortunately with the low mileage I am able to get a 4 year 50k mile platinum (practically bumper to bumper) warranty for 895 with a 250 deductible for 1400 for no deductible through my CU.
Irregardless, I think that's the car I'll most likely go for at this point. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow and hopefully during the course of the day we'll have a deal and by Tuesday I'll have my "new" car. I'll keep the thread updated with the outcome.
Forgot to ask:
I know you said that you got the warranty from your local CU, but, if I may ask, what company is the warranty with?
Old 05-06-15, 01:54 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Forgot to ask:
I know you said that you got the warranty from your local CU, but, if I may ask, what company is the warranty with?
The brochure says: "Made available by your Credit Union and CUNA Mutual Group".
Old 05-06-15, 05:00 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats!!!
Old 05-06-15, 05:12 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Congrats!!

As for the mileage, it doesn't surprise me one bit, I get that and more (slowing to 70 mph). Best I've recorded was 32 mpg
Thanks!
Crazy how good of a mileage it gets. I was shocked to be honest. Everyone berates V8's for being guzzlers.. this doesn't feel like a guzzler to me.

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Absolutely LOVE that color!
Great job and major congrats on the new purchase!
Thanks!
That color is honestly what sold me. Looks beautiful especially when nice and clean which it isn't due to all the rain while driving back.

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Congratulations! Great mileage too.
Originally Posted by Tee
Congrats!!!
Thanks!

Quick question: How do map updates work? Do you have to go to the dealer? Or is just a disc you put in? Also if it is a disc, are there iso's available? I ask because even though I don't really use Navigation in the car, it's nice to have maps that are to date so that it doesn't show me driving in the middle of nowhere. Besides, it's nice to just have a map there always following you.
Old 05-06-15, 05:23 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

You have to go to the dealer to update the maps. The LS maps are stored on an internal hard drive. There is no DVD player anymore for the maps.

Last edited by nsaldanh; 05-06-15 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-06-15, 05:46 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks!
Crazy how good of a mileage it gets. I was shocked to be honest. Everyone berates V8's for being guzzlers.. this doesn't feel like a guzzler to me.

Thanks!
That color is honestly what sold me. Looks beautiful especially when nice and clean which it isn't due to all the rain while driving back.

Thanks!

Quick question: How do map updates work? Do you have to go to the dealer? Or is just a disc you put in? Also if it is a disc, are there iso's available? I ask because even though I don't really use Navigation in the car, it's nice to have maps that are to date so that it doesn't show me driving in the middle of nowhere. Besides, it's nice to just have a map there always following you.
First, congrats on your great-looking LS!

Second, I'm not sure I'm going to pay for a current map update, but instead look for solutions that will mirror my phone screen to tne Nav screen. I find Google Maps on my Android phone excellent for navigation. I doubt the proprietary navigation systems in most cars can match it, since their software designs tend to lag way behind implementation. Possibly an after-market solution would cost three years or less of map updates, to just throw out some arbitrary numbers.
Old 05-06-15, 06:42 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
You have to go to the dealer to update the maps. The LS maps are stored on an internal hard drive. There is no DVD player anymore for the maps.
Ah.. I see.
Originally Posted by Gbp
First, congrats on your great-looking LS!

Second, I'm not sure I'm going to pay for a current map update, but instead look for solutions that will mirror my phone screen to tne Nav screen. I find Google Maps on my Android phone excellent for navigation. I doubt the proprietary navigation systems in most cars can match it, since their software designs tend to lag way behind implementation. Possibly an after-market solution would cost three years or less of map updates, to just throw out some arbitrary numbers.
Thanks!

Yeah, you're right. I probably won't pay for it either since I probably won't actually use them. I'll look into aftermarket mirroring solutions and see what I can come up with. Google Maps on the phone is definitely superior and one of the few things Audi is doing right by integrating Google Maps/Earth into their navigation.
Old 05-07-15, 10:38 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

So I just noticed something interesting today.. My drivers side of the car seems to be lower than the other side. Almost as if one side's suspension is raised or the other side is lowered. I can fit 3 fingers on the left/drivers side and 4 on the passenger/right side. I find it difficult to think that 2 shocks on the same side can go bad at the same time. And no, the car doesn't have air suspension.
Any ideas what could be going on? It's not really noticeable (reason why I didn't catch it until today) but if you really look at it from the back you can see it.
Old 05-07-15, 07:51 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

So I just noticed something interesting today.. My drivers side of the car seems to be lower than the other side. Almost as if one side's suspension is raised or the other side is lowered. I can fit 3 fingers on the left/drivers side and 4 on the passenger/right side. I find it difficult to think that 2 shocks on the same side can go bad at the same time. And no, the car doesn't have air suspension.
Any ideas what could be going on? It's not really noticeable (reason why I didn't catch it until today) but if you really look at it from the back you can see it.
I found it interesting that you happen to discover, what would also appear to me, a very strange observation, so I decided to go into the garage and see what I could find out on my car. Oddly enough, my front end on each side happen to be the same: three fingers comfortably. The rear passenger side, 3 fingers and rear drivers side, it seems as if the wheel is further out, as I can fit two fingers but the wheels seems to hit my third finger sooner and not as much room for the third (ring finger) to slide in...
What could this be, as I also do not have A/S.

Quick Reply: Looking to Leave Audi and Join Lexus