LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally bought the LS460

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 12:50 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ShamanLS
Definitely

You have a really unique color. I rarely see it in the street

I think that the LS is just too big to be a daily driver. It has some noticeable body roll and the brakes aren't really that effective to stop this big machine. But overall, It's a great machine and it's suitable for me because I have more HWY driving than city driving

Of course, having the optional air-suspension and/or AWD can improve the handling and reduce body roll.
Congrats
How many miles are on the car. I would have your brakes system flushed. My LS has good brakes and a sensitive braking feel that that will throw you forward if you are not careful.
It's a great daily driver and maneuvers like a Camry for the most part.
Old 06-10-15, 01:10 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Congrats
How many miles are on the car. I would have your brakes system flushed. My LS has good brakes and a sensitive braking feel that that will throw you forward if you are not careful.
It's a great daily driver and maneuvers like a Camry for the most part.
All right ShamanLS!! That's what im talking about!
Excellent photos, beautiful color! Love starfire pearl!
Also, im glad you figured out the rear sunshade issue.
I agree with Devh regarding the maneuverability of the car and the brakes.
The brakes, when in good shape, should stop the car nearly on a dime. Also, unless you are driving at a high rate of speed, the body roll isn't bad either.
The only time I notice it is when on a off/on ramp which has a curve to it and my speed is around 40mph. The force does cause my body weight to shift a bit, a bit more than I would like, slightly due to the fact the seat bolsters aren't very substantial. However, its not a sports car in any fashion, so upon normal driving circumstances, its fine.
Also, initially you stated that the car had a hesitation issue, but no you feel as though it doesn't because its just the way it drives and you weren't used to the gas pedal.
Anyone, correct me if im wrong, however, when I step on the gas, my LS has no hesitation what so ever. It shouldn't drive, reaction-wise, any different than any other car, unless your speaking about mashing the gas pedal, then there is a slight hesitation before it takes off.
Did you get the seat power button issue addressed?
Great car, great color and love the wheels!
Congrats man!
Old 06-10-15, 04:25 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by CRowe14
All right ShamanLS!! That's what im talking about!
Excellent photos, beautiful color! Love starfire pearl!
Also, im glad you figured out the rear sunshade issue.
I agree with Devh regarding the maneuverability of the car and the brakes.
The brakes, when in good shape, should stop the car nearly on a dime. Also, unless you are driving at a high rate of speed, the body roll isn't bad either.
The only time I notice it is when on a off/on ramp which has a curve to it and my speed is around 40mph. The force does cause my body weight to shift a bit, a bit more than I would like, slightly due to the fact the seat bolsters aren't very substantial. However, its not a sports car in any fashion, so upon normal driving circumstances, its fine.
Also, initially you stated that the car had a hesitation issue, but no you feel as though it doesn't because its just the way it drives and you weren't used to the gas pedal.
Anyone, correct me if im wrong, however, when I step on the gas, my LS has no hesitation what so ever. It shouldn't drive, reaction-wise, any different than any other car, unless your speaking about mashing the gas pedal, then there is a slight hesitation before it takes off.
Did you get the seat power button issue addressed?
Great car, great color and love the wheels!
Congrats man!
I have to admit that when I first test drove this car the brakes were a bit funky. I came to realize that it's a "brake by wire" system and you need to get use to the sensitivity.
Old 06-10-15, 08:13 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car! Congrats on a clean 460L. I notice that you have what appears to be side indicators in your fenders? Haven't seen many LS's with that. I'm surprised b/c usually it's the US that ends up with these extra lights lol
Old 06-12-15, 12:40 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Definitely

I think that the LS is just too big to be a daily driver. It has some noticeable body roll and the brakes aren't really that effective to stop this big machine. But overall, It's a great machine and it's suitable for me because I have more HWY driving than city driving

Of course, having the optional air-suspension and/or AWD can improve the handling and reduce body roll.
Congrats on the new ride...love the color.

But I totally disagree with your statement on it not being a good daily driver. I use mine as a commuter car, etc...drive 600 miles a week in it. The thing is the best daily driver I've ever had...great comfort, great fuel economy (27 mpg) and I think for a car this big it has small car manners. It steers in a radius so tight that it blows my mind. As for the brakes, I have driven very few cars with the clamping force of this brake system - they stop on a dime - certainly have saved my life at least once. And so far the reliability has been off the charts.

Last edited by Doublebase; 06-12-15 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-12-15, 12:51 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Congrats on the new ride...love the color.

But I totally disagree with statement on it not being a good daily driver. I use mine as a commuter car, etc...drive 600 miles a week in it. The thing is the best daily driver I've ever had...great comfort, great fuel economy (27 mpg) and I think for a car this big it has small car manners. It steers in a radius so tight that it blows my mind. As for the brakes, I have driven very few cars with the clamping force of this brake system - they stop on a dime - certainly have saved my life at least once. And so far the reliability has been off the charts.
Small car manners is right on point especially for low speed parking maneuvers. This is essentially the perfect old persons car who has lost a great deal of instinctual driving habits but is too arrogant to admit it.
Old 06-13-15, 03:57 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Small car manners is right on point especially for low speed parking maneuvers. This is essentially the perfect old persons car who has lost a great deal of instinctual driving habits but is too arrogant to admit it.
Yeah when I first bought the car I was amazed at how well it could maneuver in and out of parking spaces, etc. The steering is easy, tight and the radius is amazing. I was coming from a Honda Accord - no slouch in maneuverability either - but nothing like this car...and the LS is much bigger.

Mechanically, in the steering department, this car has been great. I have never had a car go 100k miles without replacing a tie rod and yet mine are still tight. Now I imagine tie rods are small potatoes if the electric steering rack breaks on this car, but so far so good.
Old 06-13-15, 04:32 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Definitely

The earlier production LS 460s had "grabby" brakes. I'm surprised that you say that the brakes on your car are not effective. I would check the brake pads.